“Never again” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Radnor Bayswater Hotel

and 1 more site!
You added Radnor Bayswater Hotel to your Saves list
Radnor Bayswater Hotel
23 Inverness Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3JR, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #1,018 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Skelleftea, Sweden
“Never again”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2012

Me and my girlfriend stayed 5 unforgettable nights, in a new fawlty tower´s. the room was extreamly small. no hangers or closet. the lights were out in the bartroom, there were stop in tthe drainpipe. So we complained, and got a larger room the day after. So, that was ok, the room I mean. But instead no hotwater from the shower, hardly no water at all.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
North Yorkshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

we turned up at this hotel looking forward to a weekend break in London. once we had gone through the security system at the front door and made ourselves known to reception, we were directed to our room - in the basement, but assured that there was a lovely big window for us that would let in the light!
the room had a double and single bed, small wardrobe, shower room with wc. no kettle, no cups, no tea/coffee/milk and no hairdryer -although it does advertise as providing these facilities!. I went back upstairs and asked about making drinks only to be told that we could help ourselves to these from a counter opposite reception and where breakfast was to be served each morning, between 8-9am only! however i was given a kettle, 2 mugs and some tea/coffee/milk to use.
on returning to the room later that first night, it was warm and the bedding and towels were clean. however the pillows were about 1" thick and there were only 3 of them (we prefer two pillows each!). Also the beds were ridiculously hard, with nothing other than a sheet between mattress and me. after almost an hour of tossing and trying unsuccessfully to drop off to sleep I put the thin quilt from the spare single bed on top of the mattress and hey presto, instant comfort and at long last sleep!
next morning we went up to breakfast at about 8:30 to find our continental breakfast consisted of cheap cornflakes which we could serve ourselves to out of a large bowl with a plastic soup ladle, hard boiled eggs and white bread for toasting - 2 quite cheap plastic domestic toasters were available to use. there was a tray with butter and jam portions and tea/coffee sachets. at exactly 9am the staff removed all of the breakfast items, whether you had finished or not!!!
our second night's sleep was better than the first because we had sussed out how to make the bed more comfortable, but my request for a 4th pillow was dismissed, and I was told that there was already 3 pillows in the room.... the shower worked ok, despite some leaking around the shower head and some dodgy looking plastering at the base of the shower tray. The extractor did not work in the shower room. Towels and bed linen were changed each day.
needless to say we left early on our 2nd morning, checked out and walked 100 metres around the corner to purchase a decent english breakfast - 6.95 each and worth every penny. Not sure why web site still shows old frontage and gives details of faciltiies clearly no longer available. had we known this we would definately not have stayed here, and had I been travelling alone I would not have stayed per se - but would have sought alternative accommodation. to top it all - our room number was 101
note to self - ALWAYS check trip advisor!!!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Davos, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The location couldn`t be better. Near to two tube-stations and hyde park in an area that is quiet enough to have a good nights sleep.
The beds were good, the rooms were clean and the staff is friendly and helpfull.
For breakast you can have toast , cornflakes and a boiled edd.Maybe not that rich, but for a two star hotel, one cannot expect much more.
The hotel doesn`t have an elevator so be prepared for some stairs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Utzenstorf, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

The Radnor Hotel is located directly to the Bayswater and Queensway Tubestation. The Hyde Park is just a little walk away. Our room was small, you have a bed to sleep, a Flatscreen-TV and a new bathroom with a hotwater shower. The Guy who is owning that hotel is very friendly and helpfull and gave us many advices. For us it was a nice trip to london.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I booked this hotel despite my tight budget...first of all i dont know why it is a 2 star hotel...it qualifies more than that. when i got there it was nice..simple and comfortable...the location is awesome...just how i wan it...probably a minute away from bayswater tube station, or some few minutes away from queensway..my first worry was disturbances, but this was not a problem at all...quite safe and sound....had a great sleep...I had a single room, it was spacious and the shower was very good...not like the ones ive experienced...hot water through out my stay....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Staying in this hotel was the worst three nights of my travelling life, and that includes a stay in a hostel in Rome that had bed bugs. Reception upstairs, which saw me lugging a thirty kilo suitcase up them and down them while a guy of about 20 sat watching me, while occasionally typing on his computer. The room was tiny (I could sit on the end of the bed and have my legs in the bathroom). There was no room for my suitcase, the bed and me. I felt like I was in the movie Hostel and I was going to wake up without my kidneys. I never went to breakfast, despite having paid for it, because the owner was a little creepy, and as a woman travelling alone I felt very, very uncomfortable. It was also absolutely sweltering and there was no air conditioning or fans (or room for either I suppose).
What was the worst though, was that my room was in full view of the dining room, making my comings and goings in public view. Also, whenever you come back to the hotel you have to buzz the doorbell to get in, receiving a rude "yes? what" through the grill. You then say "uh, I'm staying here" before being abruptly buzzed in. The entire lack of privacy is not pleasant at all.
I have never considered leaving a hotel early before, but this time I did, and if I had been staying longer I would have.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Booked the hotel by the agent and then I read a few reviews about the hotel on my way in the train tried cancelling it but could not as it was to late so i thought i have no choice but to stay there
But what a pleasant surprise it was it is not what it says on the reviews
. The price was perfect for our budget (75GBP/night). It is very close to central london the underground station and many buses even closer so i didnt have a problem moving around(I'd suggest getting an oyster card so that you dont worry about tickets all the time) The area was very quite and safe. There's a supermarket,drugstore,cafes,mini market,pubs,and even a mcdonals nearby(5min walk). The room was spotless,the bed was very comfortable,and the bathroom was cleaned every day. The staff was very helpful and polite. I would definitly stay there again anytime!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Radnor Bayswater Hotel? Share your experiences!