“Excellent location .perfekt option for low budget travellers” 4 of 5 stars

Radnor Bayswater Hotel
23 Inverness Terrace | Bayswater, London W2 3JR, England (Notting Hill)   |
Ranked #1,008 of 1,052 Hotels in London
Davos, Switzerland
“Excellent location .perfekt option for low budget travellers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

The location couldn`t be better. Near to two tube-stations and hyde park in an area that is quiet enough to have a good nights sleep.
The beds were good, the rooms were clean and the staff is friendly and helpfull.
For breakast you can have toast , cornflakes and a boiled edd.Maybe not that rich, but for a two star hotel, one cannot expect much more.
The hotel doesn`t have an elevator so be prepared for some stairs.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Utzenstorf, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2010

The Radnor Hotel is located directly to the Bayswater and Queensway Tubestation. The Hyde Park is just a little walk away. Our room was small, you have a bed to sleep, a Flatscreen-TV and a new bathroom with a hotwater shower. The Guy who is owning that hotel is very friendly and helpfull and gave us many advices. For us it was a nice trip to london.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Trondheim, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I booked this hotel despite my tight budget...first of all i dont know why it is a 2 star hotel...it qualifies more than that. when i got there it was nice..simple and comfortable...the location is awesome...just how i wan it...probably a minute away from bayswater tube station, or some few minutes away from queensway..my first worry was disturbances, but this was not a problem at all...quite safe and sound....had a great sleep...I had a single room, it was spacious and the shower was very good...not like the ones ive experienced...hot water through out my stay....

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Staying in this hotel was the worst three nights of my travelling life, and that includes a stay in a hostel in Rome that had bed bugs. Reception upstairs, which saw me lugging a thirty kilo suitcase up them and down them while a guy of about 20 sat watching me, while occasionally typing on his computer. The room was tiny (I could sit on the end of the bed and have my legs in the bathroom). There was no room for my suitcase, the bed and me. I felt like I was in the movie Hostel and I was going to wake up without my kidneys. I never went to breakfast, despite having paid for it, because the owner was a little creepy, and as a woman travelling alone I felt very, very uncomfortable. It was also absolutely sweltering and there was no air conditioning or fans (or room for either I suppose).
What was the worst though, was that my room was in full view of the dining room, making my comings and goings in public view. Also, whenever you come back to the hotel you have to buzz the doorbell to get in, receiving a rude "yes? what" through the grill. You then say "uh, I'm staying here" before being abruptly buzzed in. The entire lack of privacy is not pleasant at all.
I have never considered leaving a hotel early before, but this time I did, and if I had been staying longer I would have.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2010

Booked the hotel by the agent and then I read a few reviews about the hotel on my way in the train tried cancelling it but could not as it was to late so i thought i have no choice but to stay there
But what a pleasant surprise it was it is not what it says on the reviews
. The price was perfect for our budget (75GBP/night). It is very close to central london the underground station and many buses even closer so i didnt have a problem moving around(I'd suggest getting an oyster card so that you dont worry about tickets all the time) The area was very quite and safe. There's a supermarket,drugstore,cafes,mini market,pubs,and even a mcdonals nearby(5min walk). The room was spotless,the bed was very comfortable,and the bathroom was cleaned every day. The staff was very helpful and polite. I would definitly stay there again anytime!

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2010

Me and my family stayed in this hotel for five nights in May and it was not at all what we had expected, and knowing it was a 2 star-hotel we did not expect that much.

The location I think was great, it was a nice neighbourhood very close to Hyde Park, many restaurants, close to the tube stations and not very far from Oxford Street.

The hotel on the other hand, was not so great. Before booking we decided to check out their website to see if it was someplace we would want to stay. Not until now, afterwards, I've realized they don't have a website and I've been looking at the wrong one the whole time. Apparently there is another Radnor Hotel near Hyde Park...So don't get fooled as we did, this place does not have a website.

On to the hotel then, we arrived and had to carry our bags up to the reception where a younger-looking boy greeted us. He did not seem to know what to do with the hotel voucher we had handed him and soon another person came to help him (supposedly the manager?). Then we had to carry our bags down to the first floor and then down to the basement floor where our room was. Room looked all right, although there was no TV or no hairdryer, telephone or other things you would think you'd find in a hotel room. Bathroom looked nice and clean, though.

The next morning we went up for breakfast which was only served for one hour (8-9) and what a breakfast it was! Just one kind of bread, jam, a couple of eggs and milk and cornflakes. Not too much too choose from, really. And the lady who worked there kept the bread in a bag on the floor, and only filled up everything when it was all gone, almost as if they were afraid we would eat too much. One day someone asked for an egg because they were all gone and she said "In 10 minutes", but she did not go to get new ones. Also on the same counter as the milk and butter there were an old VCR or some related device that was all covered in dust and behind the counter and old equally dust-covered TV. Not very hygienic... Staff did not seem very interested at all and the possible-manager guy was sitting in the sofa in the breakfast room/reception watching youtube-clips. Now that's what I would call professional. Or maybe not. Then one day the lady working there seemed to start fighting with him about something so she took her handbag and ran down the stairs. Maybe that's something that could be dealt with after work. Maybe.

Outside our room's window was some space apparently used for storing garbage. We were waken up several nights of people going out there with old chairs and stuff, late at night. And they weren't really speaking quietly, which is odd since I do think they knew they had some paying customers just outside the door.

And for the cleaning of the room: the towels were changed daily to new ones, which is good expect that there were holes in plenty of them and also some old make-up on one. The glasses that had been used were not changed for new ones, and no one ever vacuumed or did anything like that.

So to sum up; location is great but there were plenty of hotels in the neighbourhood so I would rather look for another one. Possibly in the same area.
Breakfast was laughable, hygiene not very good anywhere. Staff was...sometimes friendly, sometimes not at all. Did not seem interested in their customers at all. No good service.
Room was all right, not the most beautiful view out the window but at least the furniture seemed new. Beds were not very comfortable but OK.

Would not recommend this hotel, and the agency who booked us there (one of the biggest traveling agencies in Sweden, you'd think they'd do their research before getting deals with hotels, but apparently not) will definitely hear about this.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
SW Scotland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2010

Nice welcome when we arrived. Room not very big but spotless. Breakfast was fine too. Great location in a nice area. Reasonable price for the location.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple