“Great hotel would highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #594 of 1,075 hotels in London
Cheshire
“Great hotel would highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Stayed here with my Mum for the Michael Buble concert. Lovely hotel, staff very friendly, nice clean room. Breakfast was excellent and when purchased on check in was only £10 per person. Excellent value. Will stay again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 115 and it was perfect
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest
I am, of course, delighted by the positive review that you have posted onto the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay.
I am very glad that you enjoyed your time with us and I will share your comments with the hotel team.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel when you are next visting the area. In the meantime if we can be of further assistance please do not hesitate to let us know.

229 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Polish first
Hunstanton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a business hotel, reps workers etc so the ambience is a little cold and unfriendly, the day I stayed they had a new computer .
The starter was pate , with only 9 diners they forgot mine and one other so it took 30 mins to arrive, it was ok but a little small
mixed grill was mixed results, steak was good and the sausages great but the chicken and black pudding were as dry as hell.
then came the pudding or at least it should have done, after a 30 mins wait and no staff came near me I gave up and left.
This is £145 per night and the room had a safe but was no better than a premier inn.

Room Tip: have breakfast but eat elsewhere at night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest
I am very sorry to read of your poor experience of the Holiday Inn London Elstree via the review that you have posted onto the Trip Advisor website.
We do always welcome guest feedback of all kinds and will use your comments to improve the service that we offer to all of our guests. I have communicated the information that you have provided to the relevant Departmental Managers who will take any necessary steps going forward.
We were operating with new computer systems during the past couple of weeks. Everyone had received training but some things were taking longer than ususal. This is, of course, no excuse for the poor service you feel you recieved.
We do have a Guest Relations Manager on duty 24 hours a day and it is a shame that you did not manage to discuss your dis-satisfaction with this person before it affected your stay experience. If you do stay at any of our hotels again in the future please do let us know if there is anything that is negatively influencing your stay before you depart the hotel and the GRM will do all in their power to put things right.
If you would like to discuss your stay, your review or anything else with me I would be happy to do so. Please call me at the hotel via the main switchboard on 0208 214 9988.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I went for an executive room.very disappointing. It is advertise that I would get complimentary chocolates ,all I got was a cheap Cadbury chocolate bar!!i could hear the people next door all night so could not get a decent sleep.diner was average so was the breakfast.nothing special.not worth the money.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Guest
I have noted your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree following your recent stay.

Our aim is that every guest has an enjoyable and relaxing experience when staying with us and I am sorry that we have fallen short of this for you.

The hotel has a Guest Realtions Manager on duty 24 hours a day and it is unfortunate that you did not bring your dissatisfaction to this persons attention as we may have been able to resolve things before you checked out. If you would like to discuss your experience I am available at the hotel via the main switchboard on 02082149988.

Bristol
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is convenient for the A1 just outside London but downside is the road noise. I tried 4 rooms, none of which I would say were quiet if you wanted to leave the window open, They do have aircon though. I ended up in the old part of the hotel at the back. I would say the room was below standard - worn carpet, no socket by the bed, poor bathroom with dodgy electrics (and pubic hair on the floor!).

The greeting was not welcoming, the receptionist was reluctant to give any Priority Club recognition, nor is there any free wifi. The leisure club was reasonable - plenty of equipment in the gym, pool not so good as it is small.

Good offer in the restaurant but the glass of wine included in the meal was awful. Food good but service a bit random by friendly staff. We were looked after in the morning with a 5am breakfast which was appreciated.

Wouldn't chose to stay there again.

Room Tip: You'll have to close the window for a peaceful night.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of this hotel on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay.
I appreciate your constructive feedback and I am sorry that you did not enjoy all parts of your stay. We will use the information that you have provided in our efforts to continually improve the product and service we ofer to all of our guests.
I would be interested to learn which room it was that you occupied. We have regular electrical safety tests so our wiring is very safe, however, I would like to check this room following your comments. Of course, hairs on the floor should also not be present and I will raise this with the housekeeper.
Due to the location of the hotel we are surrounded by a busy road network (which can be a benefit also if you need good transport links) but the rooms are all double glazed and there is the air conditioning that you have mentioned to minimise as much as possible any disturbance to guests.
Free Wifi will be available for all statused Gold or above IHG Rewards Club members from 1st July 2013 with availability for all members in 2014. Currently tour decision is to employ an outside contractor which is a cost but gives a better service.
If there is anything that you would like to discuss with me directly I can be contacted via the hotel switchboard on 02082149988 - in particular I would be grateful to learn the number of your room. I hope to hear from you shortly.
Derby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here because we were going to the Bruce Springsteen concert at Wembley and we were just looking for an overnight stop but it certainly exceeded our expectations. Although the immediate area isn't very impressive, it's only 20 minutes drive to Wembley. We booked and paid in advance online so the room was only £59 and breakfast was extra. Dinner was excellent value too with large portions (be warned!) The room was a good size too and much bigger than I'd been expecting for the price with a big bed, large bathroom and seating area. Although we didn't have time to try the spa, the pool looked lovely and again big enough to actually swim in. The staff were friendly and helpful and there was a later than usual check out off 12.00. We would definitely stay here again for Wembley or even a day out in London.

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review on the Trip Advisor website following your recent stay at the Holiday Inn London-Elstree.
I am, of course, delighted with your positive comments and I am very glad that you had an enjoyable stay with us. I will share your feedback with the hotel team as soon as possible.
I am pleased to note that you may be staying with us again in a future visit to the area and we all look forward to being able to welcome you back again very soon. In the meantime if we can be of further assistance then do not hesitate to let us know.
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

We had a reunion here, 19 of us stated. Fair price for evening meal, bed and breakfast. But, we had a friend in a wheelchair and she wasn't catered for in the restaurant. There was a delay getting a step ramp for her wheelchair and everyone was watching. it was awful and v poor show by Holiday inn. In this age of equality they have a way to go. Otherwise the Holiday Inn brand is fairly reliable, no frills capable accommodation. Food not too bad either, but need more than 1 toaster at breakfast with the amount of people wanting to use it!!!

• Stayed June 2013
Dear Guest
Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on the Trip Advisor website following your recent reunion get together.

Our restaurant is mainly on the ground level with a small raised area which was laid for your party as of 19 as an ideal location as it provides semi-private seating. I have investigated as to why this was the case and it appears that we were not made aware prior to your arrival at the hotel that a wheelchair user would be present with your group. By the time we were made aware of the issue the restaurant was too full to find alternative seating. So our maintenance department were called and rigged up a temporary ramp for access fairly quickly so as not to delay your meal. Admittedly the ramp was steep and the activity did draw some attention and I am sorry if this made you feel uncomfortable. If we had known in advance that level access was required we would have reserved your private table in the ground floor of the restaurant.

We are appreciative of your feedback and trust that the rest of your stay was enjoyable. Should you have any issues or concerns when visiting any of our Hotels in the future please discuss your concerns with the Guest Realtions Manager in the first instance.

We hope that you will choose the Holiday Inn London-Elstree if you are next visiting the area. In the meantime if we can be of any further assistance to you then please do not hesitate to contact us directly.

East Leake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We requested a king size bed, my husband is 6' 5", we were given a suite. It was fantastic. I felt quite ill when we arrived having had to stop at every service station on the way (say no more - too much information!) the receptionist, Michael, was very perceptive of this and immediately offered me a glass of water and a chair. We only stayed for one night but couldn't have asked for better service from all the staff. We were very comfortable, our inclusive breakfast was lovely. My husband used the spa facilities and was very pleased. Michael continued to ask after my wellbeing. I actually felt much better after some medication and a sleep. We were able to enjoy Bruuuuuuuuce Springsteen very well. Thank you to all at the Holiday Inn for ensuring our all too brief stay was fantastic. Vivienne Archer - Loughborough

Room Tip: request room 220, it's great!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager065, Resident Manager at Holiday Inn London - Elstree, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn London-Elstree on the Trip Advisor website.

Of course, I am delighted withthe positive comments you have made. I will ensure that Michael is aware of the praise that you have offered for his excellent service and that he is recognised appropriately. I am also very glad that you recovered from feeling under the weather in time to enjoy your concert.

We all hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel if you are next visiting Wembley or the North London Area in general. Inthe meantime if there is any other way we may be of assistance then please just let us know.

Resident Manager

Been to Holiday Inn London - Elstree? Share your experiences!