“City Ariport Travelodge for O2 arena” 2 of 5 stars

You added Travelodge London City Airport Hotel to your Saves list
Travelodge London City Airport Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Connaught Road | Silvertown, London E16 2DB, England   |
Ranked #577 of 1,049 Hotels in London
“City Ariport Travelodge for O2 arena”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

Stayed in this hotel on my own as I was meeting my friends at the O2 arena for a concert. Got there before check-in time at 3pm so accepted that I had to pay the £10 fee. However, staff were very reluctant to let me check-in before 3pm and kept me waiting in reception, even though I told them I was in a hurry to meet my friends. Eventually got allocated a room. My room was the first one on floor three, directly opposite the door to the lift and stair-well, which made for an extremely disturbed night's sleep. I did not sleep a wink! The door outside was constantly banging and I was forever checking that the door to my room was locked as I could hear people right outside my door, considering I was on my own. At about 4am, someone decided to empty a bottle-bank right outside my open window, which as you can imagine, makes for a loud crashing noise! Going back to going out for the evening, I was not directed to the nearest tube station and so had to google it myself. Word of advise: DO NOT use London City Airport tube station- it's too far away to walk and the roads are earily quiet, not nice for a lonely young woman! I decided to use Pontoon Docks station, still a half a mile walk away and still a strangely quiet area of London. I was glad to get out of that area and into central London with more people. The hotel is convenient for the O2 if you are driving there- but not if you want to take the tube. It felt extremely isolated from the rest of London- like a ghost town! The next morning, having not slept at all, I decided I would check-out as late as possible to give myself a rest. However, the cleaner had other ideas. Being the first room you come to on that floor, I guess the cleaner wanted to get at it first. She was hoovering under the crack of my door at 8am, as if she wanted to get in! Banging the thing on my door, it felt as if she was pushing me out! I'd already shoved my t-shirt under the door to stop the light coming in so she was essentially sucking it through! Very disturbed night, no sleep, bad location and dodgy area. Next time I book a hotel for the O2 it'll be one closer to London's centre and not in an area like this! Not fun for a solo traveller.

Stayed May 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Preston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

The rooms were clean and comfy and the staff were helpful but a little slow. The food in the cafe bar was not great. The choice is quite good but the actual food is of a very basic standard. Didn't eat there the second night.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Newport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

This was our second stay for the London marathon, having stayed last year as well. They say that you can be disappointed going back a second time, but this wasn't the case here. Due to traffic problems in London we arrived after 10 o'clock in the evening. The receptionist was so welcoming & we were soon in our room with the kettle on. Although our room looked out over the end of the airport runway we weren't disturbed by the planes. We had a late check out on Sunday & even though hubby got back from doing the marathon after we had to check out, they offered to find a room for him to shower in. We''ll definitely be going back again next year. Thank you to such lovely friendly staff, who went out of their way to make us feel welcome.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Smelly drain/sewage smell on opening door. Hair in plug hole. Only 30 mins of free wi-fi? Took a while to get going first! May of been our device but after a bad day at work, long drive, etc... Not ideal!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Dublin, Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First of all, big kudos to the staff, who at times looked overwhelmed with the sudden onslaught of travelers coming in the doors, including me! But they coped with good grace and patience. It's a fairly standard, non-descript hotel, but functional enough for an overnight stay. Rooms were quite clean. Quiet, too, though the windows are doubled up, and security sealed. I like a window open a crack, so that was discouraging, but I understand the reasons. No food in the area, so good that they offer food there, though I had no appetite to try any. Bed was comfortable; room was a good size! Bathroom was fine, though in the morning there was no hot water from the sink tap, despite letting it run for 3-4 minutes. But hot water in the shower was okay. I checked out very early for a flight, at 5 a.m. You pre-pay, so I just dropped my card and left. I wanted a wake-up call, but they don't provide that. No idea about breakfast. All in all, I just needed a place to lay my head for 6 hours, and they filled the bill. Again, the staff were very hard working and patient, my compliments to them.

Room Tip: Most likely, all rooms are similar. Mine faced busy Connaught Road, and near airport, but doubled wi...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

If you are looking for a grotty, filthy hotel, then get this one booked.

3 minute microwave food in the restaurant.

Old zit splashes on the mirrors. You should be able to come back next year and find your hair in the bath and on the floor. The TV doesn't have many channels, and what there is have a poor reception. Desk area had sticky grime all over, complete with the obligatory hairs stuck to it.

Staff were reasonably friendly.

Pillows uncomfortable. Bed tolerable.

Plastic wafer thin bendy cups in bedroom.

Rooms cheaper than other hotels in area, but there is a reason for that.

They certainly live up to the Travelodge "standard", and this has supposedly been refurbished. What from, the skip? Wash your hands on the way out.

If they don't want bad reviews, and this was an honest one, then DEAL with these problems. A hotel can be basic, but it should be clean and fresh.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
TravelodgeUK, Niki from the Social Media team at Travelodge London City Airport Hotel, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We appreciate the time you have taken to write a review. We’re truly sorry to learn that your room was not cleaned to a high level of cleanliness as we pride ourselves in delivering this exceptionally well to every customer every day. We would like to investigate your concerns further so please use the contact us section on our website to provide your contact and booking details.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I had not stayed at a travelodge before (and not sure I would again) as very basic. But I guess you get what you pay for I think I should have managed my expectations beforehand! Having stayed at other budget hotels I did feel as though it did not have to be this basic and access to free wifi is a minimum expectation is suppose I have these days, no hairdryer was a bit of a pain plus don't get the usual bathroom toiletries which are so useful when travelling on flights and you are restricted what you can carry yourself. Doors onto my corridors banged terribly and again in this day and age you can get soft closing doors fairly easily to ensure a good nights sleep. I did ask for a quiet room which was not given in the first instance but when I changed it was ok, but after a long day you do not need this hassle at 930pm. I did not eat so cant comment. Location next to airport is good although please improve signage as walking to it for a lone female at 9pm in the dark - some extra direction would have been very welcomed, I had no idea if I was walking in the right or wrong direction

Room Tip: away from doors leading onto bed corridors as they are old and bangy
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Been to Travelodge London City Airport Hotel? Share your experiences!