“Wow” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #756 of 17,938 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Spanish
Description: Drakes Tabanco is a traditional tapas restaurant and wine bar that feels properly Andalucian. This hidden gem in Fitzrovia has received many plaudits from the food and wine press since its opening in late 2013. Lively, authentic and unpretentious. Highly Recommended.
“Wow”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

The most delicious tapas ever and the finest Albariño I could hope to drink. Quiet and delightful. Welcome to London Drakes Tabanco. You are now my number 1 restaurant in London. Amazing.

Agoura Hills, California
“Incredible Food - go with the staff's recommendations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Wow, what a meal and experience. My co-worker and I walked by and it looked interesting. We are so glad we tried it. The food is incredible.

We took all of the waiter's recommendations on wine and food. We ordered the charcuterie plate and 3 dishes. The dishes seems a bit out of my comfort zone but I am so glad I expanded my boundaries because everything was delicious.

I can't wait to go back and try more. The food and staff are right out of Spain. My colleague said that its among the best tapas places he has ever tried.

You must give this place a try when in the area.

Place was not too crowded at 7:00pm on a Wednesday night but when we left about 8:30 it was full.

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Spanish nights in Fitzrovia”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

The sherry straight from the barrel was excellent, served at room temperature and quite a revelation. No maiden aunts around - it was delicious. The tapas were quick, fresh and delicious:
can recommend the: goose rillettes, stuffed piquillo pepper, cecina.. in fact all we had was delicious. They have a tating menu which looks excellent! Service very friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
London, United Kingdom
“Prawns to rival my homeland”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Absolutely bonza menu and staff! The most delicious prawns I've tasted since leaving Sydney - thank-you! Can also highly recommend the aubergine crisps! Staff were absolutely wonderful, so accommodating and nothing was too much trouble. Will definitely be back to sample more delights!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Sherry good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Charming spot for a Saturday lunch. Whitewashed walls, high ceiling, skylight, comfy banquette - all good, even for a party of nine.

Tried most of the menu and uncovered some classics where we were least expecting them. Who knew Jerusalem artichoke salad could be so tasty? Ditto charred leeks.

Pig cheeks stood out among the array of meat.

Staff were first class and friendly, even when the klutziest of our party drizzled the table in olive oil.

Also the first place I've found in London to serve a decent dark sherry. Pedro Ximenez from the barrel is a lovely drop.

Be back soon.