“This is not your average West End Show ;)” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #577 of 1,022 Activities in London
Type: Performances
Middlesbrough
“This is not your average West End Show ;)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2007

We went to see the Blue Man Group on Saturday the 24th March 2007, I loved the show. I have seen a few West End shows and I thought this was refreshingly different.

We were sat in the 2nd row of the stalls - poncho is provided incase of any 'blue' splashes. We never got touched by anything, I think they are there just in case!!

It is difficult to explain what the show is about without spoiling it. It is fun, loud, different, exciting and very different. I would definately recommend it.

Also the Blue Men are available for pics after the show which I thought was nice!! Go see it, ENJOY!!!

London, UK
4 attraction reviews
“Sickened by this show”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2007

As one can see, people either love this show or hate it. Without a doubt, I'm in the second camp. You can say -- so what, I may love it. You may, but be warned that if you're sitting in the first few rows you have a good chance of being the one to get a tiny camera pushed down your throat by the lovely blue chaps, all the way to your stomach. And the rest of the audience get to enjoy the view of your insides. The other numbers involving the public are just as tasteless.

NW England
“Incredible experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2007

I went to see Blue Man Group with my family last April, and was totally blown away by it. You need to have an open mind and not be afraid to play and have a laugh in order to really enjoy the show, but the performers and general atmosphere of the theatre mean that it's almost impossible to not feel totally relaxed and at ease there. The staff there are also really kind and helpful (I was writing a college essay on Blue Man Group at the time, and everyone at the theatre helped me so much with my research!).

The show itself is brilliant fun, and something that people of all ages will enjoy. The music is vibrant and wonderfully rhythmic, and some of the more "arty" parts of the show will leave you jaw-dropped. Audience participation is also an integral part of the show (and this is one type of participation you won't want to say no to!), and the finale was one of the most surprising and fun experiences of my life!

For those who are planning to see this show, I highly recommend getting tickets for the "Poncho seats", especially if it's your first time. We managed to get them very cheaply, and they make the experience even better, plus the view is still perfect. The show does contain loud music and a lot of strobe lighting, and very small children may find the appearances and proximity of the Blue Men quite unsettling (they do come *very* close to the audience at times), but otherwise, this is an unmissable experience. Oh, and be sure to check out the toilets. You'll be pleasantly surprised!

London
“Total rubbish”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2006

This was a waste of twenty quid. Three morons with blue masks gave me the biggest headache I've had for years as they drummed away a good 60/100 minutes. Add to this a few cringemaking pseudo-sociological routines on eg the alienating effect of the internet, a dash of audience intimidation/participation, and relentless headbanging rock guitar and you'll imagine why the audience voted with their feet... But they didn't! They loved it! They laughed even when it wasn't supposed to be funny. They stood up, they stood down, they waved their hands about whenever one of the blue men told them to. The finale was being deluged in toilet paper while and ecstacized version of Donna Summer plus e-light show headbanged the crowd.

Tucson, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
“Absolutely loved it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2006

We went to the Blue Man Group show in late July 2006. What a treat! A fantastic show suitable for the whole family. The theatre is a lovely, intimate setting close to Covent Garden (use the Covent Garden Tube stop). We were traveling with our 13 year old son who loved the show as well. One of the best shows I've seen in a long time. Highly recommended!