“Extraordinary location and service” 5 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Cafe Royal to your Saves list
Hotel Cafe Royal
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68 Regent Street, London W1B 4DY, England (Soho)   |
Ranked #28 of 1,066 Hotels in London
“Extraordinary location and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

From the moment of arrival, the hotel staff provided impeccable service and attention to detail. The location on Regent Street is ideal for shopping. I would certainly stay at this property again when next in London.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Gouda, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We walked in just to have a cup of coffee and tea but the tearoom is excellent!! Cupcakes and macarons are great with a splendid cup of coffee...I recommend this place for a nice reststop while shopping in Regent Street!

Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Colchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A great place to stop for coffee and cake and so much more elegant than Costa or Starbucks. Old world charm and service at a price of course but worth it in my opinion. My Daughter loves the iced chocolate drinks.

London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I had afternoon tea with 3 friends, we booked via Afternoon Tea and had Champagne Afternoon Tea. The venue, reception and bar areas are lovely, bright and spacious and very glamorous. The tea was very pleasant. So why only 3 star rating.

A number of things, firstly out of 4 speciality teas they serve from their menu 3 were unavailable, the Oscar Wilde room that the tea is served in is very dark and no natural night - not really a natural spot for afternoon tea and the pianist was delightful but a little on the loud side so conversation was difficult. Also, we were offered a refill of our champagne but we were not told until our bill arrived that this was extra. I didn't mind paying and I really didn't expect unlimited champers (although that is a nice thought) but I feel it was done in a slightly underhand way and really we should have been advised that it was not part of the package. I appreciate the need for upselling but this left a sour taste in our mouths.

The tea, cakes and scones etc were all pleasant but not really spectacular in relation to taste. I am going to take my mum for afternoon tea soon for her birthday but I shall be choosing a different venue.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This is my 2nd stay with the hotel and it is even better than the 1st. Had some in-room dining this trip and the quality, taste of the food was excellent, really surprising to me and the wife. All the staff from the doormen, concierge, front desk, house-keeping, in-room dining were excellent, always very pleasant, friendly and going out of their way to assist us in the stay. I was worried that the hotel would not be that family and young children friendly but I was wrong everything was great. Location is great for shopping and getting around the central parts of London for food, theatre and the sights. I fell ill on my last day and the hotel was on hand to arrange for emergency doctor visit as well as accommodate complimentary late check out so I could recuperate before my flight. Definitely the place for me to stay at each time I am in London. Keep it up! The only drawback was this time they got my family name mixed up with one of my given names but that would be just be nit-picking! Do check out the The Cafe, good drinks and cakes.

Room Tip: Get a room facing Regent Street, good views at all times of the day
Haywards Heath, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Thank you all again for a delightful pre Christmas stay.

We had dinner the Ten Room, which as always was a culinary delight. Armand Sablon and his team excel themselves in their attention to detail. We are always treated with impeccable service and the atmosphere is friendly and family orientated. Our daughter asked for something that was not on the menu and this was obliged without a fuss. Thank you. It makes life much easier when our children are catered for.

We visited the Club level which is beautiful and sure to become an asset to the hotel.
The hotel and its staff move from strength to strength and we are so pleased to see it blossoming.
We are always made to feel so welcome and it has truly become a home from home. We are greeted like family and feel a pride in how well the hotel and staff are doing.

We would like to wish all the staff a wonderful Christmas and a fantastic and prosperous year ahead.
We will see you soon I am sure.

The Robinson Family - Paul, Heather and Grace

Room Tip: We have stayed in a selection of the rooms and suites. They have always been clean and we have never...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, 2 days ago
It is my pleasure to read your kind and detail review of your recent stay at Hotel Cafe Royal, thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I am delighted you enjoyed dining in the Ten Room as well as spending some time in The Club and many thanks for the kind compliments on the service you received. I have shared your feedback with everyone here and I look forward to welcoming you all in the not too distant future. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas.

With warmest wishes,
Anthony Lee,
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

well what can i say , this is the 4th time i have been here for lunch , stay or dinner , it get better every time i go their, staff great and helpful , the food mouth watering , great ,great, and more great , to all the staff have a great xmas with the famaily at home or with your other family at the hotel

Room Tip: if you can afford it you must stay in the dome suite
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Many thanks for taking the time to leave a review of your recent visit to Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted to read you are such a regular guest and to hear how much you enjoy the service as well as the cuisine served. I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

With warmest wishes,
Anthony Lee,

Been to Hotel Cafe Royal? Share your experiences!