“Amazing weekend stay” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   68 Regent Street, London W1B 4DY, England (Soho)   |
Ranked #40 of 1,052 Hotels in London
“Amazing weekend stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

I stayed 2 nights at the hotel cafe royal and I have to say it was an amazing weekend! I stayed in the Portland junior suite. The room was impeccable and very cosy yet spacious. The bath and shower were a luxury wow factor!

The views over Piccadilly Circus were great and yet the room was very peaceful which was much appreciated and very important for my relaxing weekend. I used the butler service for a magazine request and they were very quick in collecting what I wanted. Very attentive staff.

I had in room dining both mornings at the hotel, the food was very fresh and all made in house, pastries and homemade jams were delicious. I think this really makes the difference and is something that I really appreciate. They looked after
me very very well. I also ate at the hotel restaurant both nights. The food was 5* quality, absolutely mouth watering. The ceviche dishes are a must try and the meat mains are heaven! I also fell in love with their "truffle mash potato" it was sooooo good!!

The location is also perfect for me as I enjoyed my days shopping so it was very easy and relaxing knowing that I was so close. When I wasn't shopping I was in heaven at the Akasha Spa. It is very very relaxing and the pool is amazing, you can really have a good swim!

Another comment I have to make is that the hotel had a very nice smell throughout, it was like the spa smell. I really appreciate this in hotels and very few have that.

Overall an exceptional stay and I really can not wait to return!

• Stayed August 2014
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
It is my pleasure to read how much you enjoyed staying at Hotel Cafe Royal and many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind and detailed comments. I am delighted you enjoyed the Portland Suite you stayed in with its views over Piccadilly Circus, the whisper quiet soundproofing and the attentive service from our butlers. I am also pleased to hear how highly you valued the cuisine served including in-room dining and the cerviche dishes in the Ten Room. I have shared your glowing review with everyone here and I very much look forward to the opportunity to welcome you here soon.

Anthony Lee,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Turkish first
Fleet, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

Booked the Hotel Cafe Royal for an impromtu night in London with my better half. Wow this hotel is fantastic. Rooms are very spacious, impeccably decorated with modern styling with amazing marble bathrooms. Bed huge and comfortable, facilities in room just perfect including Nespresso, huge Bang & Olfsen TV which you can hook all your equip through via a portal at the desk in the room which has inbuilt speakers/soundbar, sky channels galore including other languages for international travellers. Mini bar huge with large choice, selection of teas great, robes luxurious, bathroom ammenities A1. Second TV built into the bathroom mirror....so cool. Pool and spa looked amazing (had a tour only). The lobby and restaurants are all beautifully decorated...the Oscar Wilde bar is just stunning. Had a lovely breakfast at "Ten" the main restaurant. Location is perhaps the most central available! Staff all very welcoming and professional. Cannot wait to return one day - this time for longer. Of course things are on the pricey side, but price is not what this hotel is about, it is the experience which they delivered 100%.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am pleased you chose us for your impromptu night in London and to hear how much you both enjoyed the guestroom you stayed with all it's facilities as well as the contemporary marble bathroom. I am pleased you also had the opportunity to look around the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre during your stay, as well as dining in the Ten Room and I hope to welcome you here for a longer stay in the not too distant future.

Monaco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

We were fortunate enough to stay here the last two nights, and it was really a wonderful weekend.

We had the Marquis Suite one night and the Glasshouse the next, and though the Marquis is about 20 sq meters bigger, they were both fantastic.

The Rooms: We requested contemporary-styled rooms with nice views, and that is exactly what we got. The Marquis was amazing. It was gigantic [literally bigger than our apartment in Monaco], had 2 bathrooms, and a truly amazing view of regent street. The Glasshouse Suite also had great views, lots of light, and but one bathroom only [sigh, haha]. They both had a large sitting room, giant marble bathroom with underfloor heating, fluffy robes and awesomely thick slippers, full bar/nespresso set up, fruit and chocolates and macaroons waiting for us when we walked in, as well as a 24 hour butler service. It's worth springing for the butler-serviced rooms if you can, because our butlers were awesome. Pressed our outfits for the evening, made sure we had restaurant and taxi reservations quickly, and they were just so kind and attentive.

Food: Everything we had was great, but honestly the best part was how fast it all arrived. The Breakfast order was at our door in 23 minutes! Thats unreal, and excellent. All the sauces [jams, mustard, even the ketchup] are made in-house. I took home the little jar of Lemon marmalade with earl gray tea, as it was so awesome i needed it for breakfast tomorrow! The Pimms we ordered was also perfectly made, and came in a lovely carafe. I will say that I am not a huge fan of their Bloody Mary…the flavor was good, if a little lemony, but it was far too thin [needs to be more of a puree and less of a tomato juice] and not spicy enough! Get some horseradish and cracked pepper in there next time, because I will be back and I will be testing you;)

Location: obviously its great. right on regent street and very close to shopping, restaurants, the picadilly circus tube station [its literally 50 ft away], and several west end shows. a boris bike station is just a block away too.

We really hope to come back to London soon so we have the opportunity to stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such detailed comments on your weekend staying at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience and how much you appreciated the guestroom you stayed in with its contemporary decor as well as the space and marble bathroom. Thank you also for your kind feedback on our butler service, I am pleased you enjoyed the service and attention and I have passed on your kind comments to the team. I have also shared your compliments on the food with our chef and I very much look forward to welcoming you back here in the not too distant future.

Lafayette, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2014

This hotel exceeded my expectations. It was absolutely stunning; the service was great all around. The rooms were beautiful - very spacious. Top notch - every little detail was thought of. The staff was gracious, friendly, competent. You must do the pool !!! I felt like I as in heaven. The hotel bar was charming and small; service was great. We even saw a U.S. movie star in there. I felt absolutely spoiled. The location on Regent Street was fabulous - on Sundays in August, they shut down the street so it was so fun to have coffee outside and walk the street with the music and fun in the air. I can't wait for my next visit to Hotel Cafe Royal.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed the experience of staying at Hotel Cafe Royal and that everything exceeded your expectations. I am pleased that you appreciated the space and decor of our guestrooms and that you also had the opportunity to spend time in Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre as well as enjoying drinks in the bar. I have shared your feedback with the team and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

Family of five stayed four nights in two rooms. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Location could not be better with main grand entrance off of Regent Street and convenient side entrance from Air Street. Were able to walk to most of the restaurants, shopping and theater during our stay. Staff is omnipresent without being intrusive and incredibly polite and helpful. Rooms are pure luxury with lots of gadgets and top-notch creature comforts. Had busy schedule so did not get to eat at the restaurant or try the pool which looked amazing but good reasons to come back. Highly recommend and compliments to the team.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing comments on your recent stay at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted to see how much you and your family enjoyed the experience, especially our central London location nearby shops and the theatre. I have shared your kind review with the team here and I hope to see you again on your next visit when perhaps you can enjoy dining in our restaurants and a visit to the Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

The hotel is beautiful, very large rooms and bathrooms, very clean. Right across from Piccadilly Circus. The staff and service are outstanding. They are so immediate in their response to any request you may have. They assist with anything from taxis, room service, getting tickets for events, etc. The concierge is great and assisted us with getting tickets to tour Buckingham Palace. When I arrived, I had a foot injury and was in a lot of pain when I got there and very concerned about it. Cannot say enough for how they rallied around us, getting me to the E.R., bringing ice to my room for my foot, checking on me. Their concern was genuine. Lilly is so sweet and wonderful, very professional. She left a note under the door, asking about how I was doing. Michael was amazing in the time he spent checking on us and helping us and even though the injury put a great damper on sightseeing, it was such a comfort to come back to the hotel. If you are going to be sick or have a problem, this is the hotel to be at. Everyone of the staff were great. From the time you pull up to the door in the taxi, they are right there, taking your luggage and getting the door for you. Lilly went out of her way to make sure we had a Chicago newspaper, gave us maps, helped arrange our day of sightseeing. The beds are so very comfortable and clean. Even the General Manager heard about my foot injury and I was so surprised when he stopped by at the restaurant at breakfast to check on me. Beautiful hotel, amazing location near so many great sites and we felt it was definitely worth the cost for the room. You cannot go wrong by choosing this wonderful hotel. So glad we chose Hotel Café Royal.

Room Tip: We had a room on 3rd floor, overlooking Piccadilly Circus, which was great. Even with the people an...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Many thanks for taking the time out to share such kind feedback on your recent stay at Hotel Cafe Royal. I am delighted that during your stay with us, you felt so welcomed and cared for and how much you appreciated the assistance from the team with regards to your foot injury. I do hope you are all recovered and back on your feet now. Both Lilly, Michael and the rest of the team join me in thanking you for your review and I hope this visit marks the start of many more future visits to come.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2014

Hotel cafe royal is beautiful, elegant and very well located in the heart of London. We came here as a family with 3 children (8, 10, 13) and we had connecting rooms. The rooms were beautiful, specious, very comfortable. My husband found the space and facilities for office work very convenient. I really loved the bed - so comfortable. The bathrooms were also amazing and specious and had everything you could possibly need and more. My children especially loved the TV inside the mirror in the bathroom. The service was impeccable. We were treated like royalty. We loved the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014
Anthony L, General Manager at Hotel Cafe Royal, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
I am delighted to read how much you and your family enjoyed your stay at Hotel Cafe Royal including the interconnecting guestrooms for your children as well as the space and facilities for your husband to work in. I am pleased how highly you appreciated the service from the team and I shared your kind review with everyone here. I look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Anthony Lee,

Been to Hotel Cafe Royal? Share your experiences!