“amazing location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Vicarage Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
The Vicarage Hotel
You added The Vicarage Hotel to your Saves list
10 Vicarage Gate | Kensington, London W8 4AG, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #459 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Toronto
“amazing location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I found the Vicarage Hotel to be very charming. The owners are helpful; one of them brought my very heavy suitcase up several flights of stairs. And the location is wonderful. It is in a very safe area near Kensington Park and Palace. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a room on a lower floor because there is no elevator
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

We found this hotel at the last minute, and while it was a step up from where we would've been staying, we still felt like this hotel was average. The owner was very friendly, and she was very accomodating, seeing as we arrived to the hotel earlier than planned. The location was perfect and central to Kensington! Couldn't have asked for a more central location to all the touristy things!

The only problems were: Breakfast was ok, if you like continental meals. The hot food was just average. No wash clothes available - We had to use hand towels, which got quite heavy once wet.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2011

I have been coming to this wonderful hotel since it was only twenty-nine and six!! The location is fabulous..safe for singles at night, close to buses and underground in two directions! Close to walk to Kensington Palace etc.
Breakfasts are huge and wonderful.
Hotel is clean, and even if you share a bath..it is always close to your room and clean.
Mandy and her family ,who manage the hotel, are very helpful and friendly. Her sons help carry up our heavy cases and her husband is a taxi driver, so he know absolutely where everything is in London.. A fabulous place!!

Room Tip: If you are a single, ask for one as low as you can
  • Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Espoo, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I spent four nights (3.6. - 7.6) at this very nice hotel. My room was at the 4.th floor and I got help with my suitcase from a friendly lady, owner perhaps. I am almost too old (66) and unfit for those stairs. My room (single) was nice and clean and the breakfast was very good. The neighborhood of the hotel is just wonderful, for me best in London. I found that bus 27 from Paddington station is easy way to go to the hotel. I wrote about to them that but never got an answer which I felt little bit unkind when I tried to be helpful. Wifi is free but you cannot use that in rooms, at least not in my room. I warmly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Plattsburgh, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

I stayed here for 3 days - from May 24 to May 27th! It was an amazing stay in my room, slept splendidly, and breakfast is just perfect! I enjoyed the neighborhood very much (within walking distance of the High St. Kensington and Notting Hill Gate stops), safe areas and just steps away from shopping and dining hot-spots! They even accommodated my early arrivial (my room was ready and prepared) and I even decided to stay an extra night because I hadn't had my fill of London and they made sure my stay was perfect. I got upgraded to another room without difficulties. If I were to return to London, I would definitely stay here without hesitation.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Vienna, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2011

My sister and I stayed at the Vicarage Hotel for six nights in May. We found our room, which was on the first floor, to be spacious, comfortable and clean. We needed a room with twin beds and this fit the bill. The owner/manager of the hotel is not typically in her office but one can ring the bell or go down stairs and ring that bell to get her. She is very helpful.
Breakfast at the hotel was not extravagant, but a good balance to start the day with choice of eggs, sausages and ham along with cereals, stewed prunes and juices, coffee, tea and toast. If you are gluten free there is a huge Whole Foods grocery just a few blocks away that does have gluten free items.

One downside is that there did not appear to be air conditioning and our room, because of the unusually warm weather, was quite warm. They may have air-conditioning during the summer months. The only other downside is that there are no telephones in the room, but just one in the hallway. Warning, if you are on the 3, 4 or 5th floors, there is no elevator.

Overall, I would say it is well worth the price.

Room Tip: Definately ask for a first or second floor room!
  • Stayed May 2011
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2011

This hotel,despite being beside Kensington High Street, has a quiet location in a pretty, residential street. The staff are friendly + welcoming, and the hotel is very clean. The quad bedroom is ideal for a family and quite spacious. Due to the unexpectedly hot weather, the fan in the room was well used! The bedrooms are over several floors and there is no lift, but this wasn't a problem for us. The TV and Breakfast rooms were freshly decorated. We all enjoyed breakfast where the English Breakfast was cooked to order. Compared to larger chain hotels in London, we had a much better sleep in this quiet hotel, and we liked that we had the choice of Kensington High Street underground or Notting Hill underground. We also liked that we could book in with all our luggage early and easily, and leave our luggage for later collection on the day of departure, thereby making the most of our short break. We would certainly stay here again as it was very good value for a family with older children and would recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Tea/coffee facilities and hairdryer in bedroom.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Been to The Vicarage Hotel? Share your experiences!