“Very modern and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton London Canary Wharf

You added Hilton London Canary Wharf to your Saves list
Hilton London Canary Wharf
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   South Quay, Marsh Wall, London E14 9SH, England (Docklands / Canary Wharf / Isle of Dogs)   |
Special Offer
Save 20% on Weekend Stays
Ranked #127 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Minneapolis
“Very modern and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

I stayed on a weekend, so it was very quiet. Very pleasant and efficient check in. Room size is a bit larger than some UK Hiltons. The exec lounge was very nice. Wide variety of snacks, typical wine, beer, and a few liquors. I would definitely stay again, and take in more of the neighborhood sites.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments following your recent visit, I was delighted that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel especially your room and the Executive lounge.

We look forward to you returning in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Were to begin, my wife and I arrived for a weekend that was a mix of business and pleasure. We where surprised to find a double bed in our rooms as other Hiltons we have stayed in all had king beds. Then the phone reception was sporadic and non existent at times and I missed several business calls, I don't know if it is this hotel or the area but for a business district area, it is certainly not at all sufficient.

My wife went to turn on the lights and that tripped the electricity supply off for 15 minutes, when it went back on there was two lights still off and this was not rectified during our stay.
The hotel staff were mediocre and did not know where certain restaurants where located in the area.
After putting a drinks bill On the room on the second night there was a whole drama and two calls regarding this as the front of house staff member had said that they did not need to swipe my card (which I thought was very bizarre at the time). I had to go down and sort this out and this was very frustrating. I asked for Manager on two occasions but was told he was otherwise engaged.
Bottom line, I wish we stayed in a different hotel as there is much nicer hotels in the area. Also this stay has made me want to avoid recommending to colleagues and staying in Hiltons in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments; I understand we have written to you independently of this review. We value your feedback and can assure you this is not indicative of the normal reviews we receive.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed here in a deluxe room for 2 adults and 1 child last weekend. Our experience was very good, the hotel was well organised and knew about our booking on arrival. Room was exceptionally clean and spare bed made up. Spacious and quiet we enjoyed a good nights sleep. Breakfast was brilliant, lots of choice, although there was a shortage of tea plates both mornings and no white bread second morning. Staff seem very happy and can't do enough to please. Location great, just check service availability on Jubilee Line as we got stranded until 11:00 on the Sunday due to refurbishment work. This hotel is way better than Hilton Docklands Riverside equivalent, and no need for a boat trip every time you want to hit the town. Recommend highly.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Many thanks for leaving your review following your recent stay at the hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay and found breakfast to be brilliant, room exceptionally clean and the team helpful.
I have passed your feedback regarding the points raised in relation to breakfast to our Restaurant and Bar Manager and she joins me in apologising for the shortfall in service you received.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Raeding, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

The Staff and service of this hotel is fine as you would expect from a Hilton. I work as an AV Technician and the route in to the Conference rooms is hideous! Thios is due to the Hotels security doors. You have to have a member of the the C & B team with you at all times and that one person has to open all the doors for you. This makes it difficult when carrying equipment in as you walk through one door then have to wait for that same person to open the next door..... it gets very frustrating!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Adam_M_Smith, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am sorry that you found the route to the conference and banqueting facilities frustrating and difficult.

Security of all our guests is very important to us as a hotel management team, the various locks and security doors are in place to ensure that we do not compromise safety.

Please do feel free to contact the hotel if you are supporting a meeting in the future and we will be more than happy to assist in how we can make your set up process easier.
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

One of the greatest things about this hotel used to be how quiet it was. The doors seemed to be fitted with some device that allowed them to close quietly. No more. They now slam every time they close. It is particularly jarring in the morning when housekeeping goes in and out of rooms in addition to guests leaving their rooms. Another distinguishing feature was the thoughtfulness with which amenities were included in rooms. In the executive rooms, mouthwash and cotton swabs were always included. They've since eliminated these items, yet these are the kinds of things executives need. I never pack mouthwash because I try to take a carry on while traveling and, therefore, limit my liquids. The breakfast buffet is, I'm sorry to say, very standard and boring. There's a lot of food but no innovation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback which certainly helps us to monitor and improve our services. I regret that you did not find the service up to the usual expectations. I have shared your comment on the doors with our facilities team in order to look at. In relation to the point on the amenities, we still provide the mouthwash and cotton swabs however these items are on request.

Once again thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.
Scottish Borders, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

Although Canary Wharf appears to be somewhat remote from central London especially on a short break the excellent transport links especially the Jubilee Line make for easy access to the major attractions and also Greenwich. The hotel facilities are good, the staff pleasant and helpful and the room was spacious and very clean. Overall a very good hotel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, thanks for taking the time to leave your review. I am pleased you found the location suitable for you and found the hotel facilities to be good and the team pleasant and helpful.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Chester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

After a disastrous recent stay at the (supposed) 4 star radisson hotel in edinburgh, I was interested to see how this would compare. It exceeded my expectations on every level.

We arrived quite on Friday morning, the concierge helped us with parking instructions & the friendly receptionist checked us straight in. The reception area was immaculate and very luxurious (& had an amazing almond smell whenever you walked through!).

Our room was on the 7th floor and was absolutely gorgeous, really spacious, all the furniture and decor was like new. The bathroom was lovely and the whole room was amazingly clean. The tv was huge / beds comfy / aircon worked well to cool the room down as necessary. Really don't have anything all to complain about.

Location for the canary wharf tube is excellent a very short stroll away, this took us to central london quickly (& on Friday evening to wembley to see one direction!). We had lovely meals and drinks in and around canary wharf on both evenings (highly recommend wahaca and rocket).

Even though there were always guests in and around the reception, we never saw or heard anyone on our floor for the entire 2 night stay, so it was also very relaxing.

Can't wait to stay here again. Have stayed before in the 5 star marriott and have to say I prefer the hilton. Provided I can find a reasonable deal, this will be my first choice from now on.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
OliverStockland, Manager at Hilton London Canary Wharf, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Thank you for your lovely comments about the hotel and for sharing your great experience. I was pleased to read your compliments of our services and friendliness of our reception team. I will certainly share your comments with them.

We look forward to you returning in the near future.

Been to Hilton London Canary Wharf? Share your experiences!