We had a 2-day stay at this Hilton when we were attending a music festival at the O2 Arena. It was conveniently situated for this as Canary Wharf Underground Station is only 5-10 minutes walk away (cross the bridge directly behind the hotel and then cut through the Jubillee Park shopping mall and go one stop on the tube.)
When we arrived we were cordially greeted and although early, we were given our room. We were then delighted to be told that we had been upgraded to an executive room on the 12th floor (but without access to the Executive Lounge, unfortunately). The room was lovely, being very spacious and tastefully decorated in neutral colours. There was a large bed (American king size, I think) with plenty of room for moving around, a comfortable armchair and drinks tabel as well as a desk/ chair arrangement. The bathroom was also a good size, with a good-size bath and separate shower cubicle. It was stocked with plenty of towels and toiletries, bathrobes and slippers. All the expected 'necessaries' were provided: hairdrier, iron, tea/coffee maker (replenished daily), etc. Didn't even open the mini-bar as the bottle of mineral water offered was £5.50. We made do with the small complimentary bottles provided (and replaced next day). WiFi is free in public areas, but costs £15 per day for in-room. I thought this was a bit steep, so just took advantage of free service.
We were grateful to be in a high room as it was nice and quiet. However, in the distance we could hear the rumble of the DLR elevated railway which passess very close to this hotel. Had we been in a lower room, we might have found this very annoying.
Breakfast was included in our tariff (charge otherwise £20) and it was very nice. The restaurant helpfully provided a list of 10 'healthy options', including smoked salmon, porridge, fruit,egg-white omelette, etc., so I had a healthy meusili with Greek yoghurt - followed by a full English! Both the continental and cooked breakfast buffets were well stocked with a wide variety to suit all tastes.
Throughout our stay, the staff were not only friendly and courteous, but seemed to go out of their way to be helpful. We enjoyed our stay here and would certainly return if going back to the O2.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated conveniently in the heart of London’s business district, Hilton London Canary Wharf is an obvious and popular choice for business visitors. As one of our guests you will have access to a high-speed internet connection, spacious desks to work from, a 24-hour business center and many other comforts. Rooms are fitted with a widescreen TV and an alarm clock that lets you plug in your MP3 player, meaning you can wake up to your favourite music.When you’re not busy working, make the most of the sauna, steam room or work out in the well-equipped fitness center. Or sip on a well-earned cocktail in the very popular Canary Wharf restaurant, Cinnamon. Hilton London Canary Wharf is very close to the O2 Arena and Westfield shopping complex in Stratford. This hotel is a great choice for anyone wanting to be close to where business happens but not too far from all the tourist attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hilton EMEA, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Hilton London Canary Wharf reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton London Canary Wharf Hotel London
- Hilton International London
- London Hilton
- Hilton Canary Wharf
- Canary Hilton Wharf
- Hilton London Canary Wharf England