“Crapy hotel should not have any star rating” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Kensington Court Hotel Notting Hill

You added Kensington Court Hotel Notting Hill to your Saves list
Kensington Court Hotel Notting Hill
2.5 of 5 Inn   |   4 Princes Square, London W2 4NP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #376 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Crapy hotel should not have any star rating”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

As everywhere in Bayswater was full there was this hotel that had rooms. It was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in no wonder they had rooms available. There is no lift and climbing the stairs on the top floor was suicidal for me in my thirties and of good built. Room was totally basic. Breakfast was nothing to talk about. Staff looked very miserable. Owner must be paying them below minimum wage and expecting hard work. Don't ever stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Do not bother staying here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Devizes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I stayed here one night with a friend. The room was small but clean. I liked the Samsung television on the wall, tea and coffee making facilities and in a lively area so loads of places to eat out. The staff were friendly and the breakfast was good. We were on the fourth floor which was a bit of a hike but not impossible!

Room Tip: Make sure you say upfront if you need a ground floor room as there are lots of stairs!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This wasn't a bad hotel. The staff was very friendly. They are located close to the Bayswater Tube station, and not far from many pubs and restaurants. The room itself (we booked a quad) was not bad, good sized and "adequate" for one night. The only thing I can complain about is that we were on the fifth floor with NO ELEVATOR!!! We had to haul our luggage up four flights of stairs... It was an adventure! This hotel also seems very much like a hostel, lots of young college aged kids and Americans (like us). I did notice there were shared bathrooms on one of the floors, thankfully we had our own. They have free "breakfast" in the morning, basically it's coffee, tea, juice and a whole lot of bread. Only bread. But, it's better than nothing! All in all it wasn't bad for the price, just be prepared to get your exercise going up and down stairs. Definitely not for older people or anyone with a disability.

Room Tip: Quadruple rooms are more spacious and not that big of a price jump from a standard. Be prepared to d...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel with my boyfriend for three nights, we arrived, staff seemed polite and friendly, got to our room which was a twin, and I had definitely booked a double, which is a bit awkward for a young couple. We only got moved to a double room on the last night of the stay, and weren't offered a discount of any sort. The 'double bed' was not a double, just a slightly larger single bed in an incredibly cramped room. The whole hotel is on a slant and doesn't seem stable at all, electrical fittings were hanging off the walls. Housekeeping staff were incredibly rude. The only plus sides to this hotel are the location, it's cheap for London, but it's more like an expensive hostel than an actual hotel. I'd avoid this hotel if you want to enjoy your stay in London and will NEVER be returning.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rushden, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

After reading some reviews on here we pulled up rather sceptical, but after a last minute, late booked stay we were pleasantly suprised. Clean and comfy beds, shower was hot and fine, only annoying thing was the t.v position to the bed was awkward to watch. All in all it was better than expected for price paid to the location we were at, a short walk away is bayswater road which was full of restaurants and bars. free parking after 6:30pm til 8:30am directly opposite is a bonus as well.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Checked into my room tonight. Got a bit pedantic about the heating.
Talked to them about it. They got onto it straight away. and insisted that I go down stairs for crossants and coffee and to take them back to my room.

Made my stay that much better!
Room is okay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Yarm, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently spent a weekend in this 'hotel' and it was honestly one of the worst places I have ever visited in my life.

My partner, my one year old baby and myself had booked in for a weekend in London. Upon arrival we were informed there was no heating or hot water - the temperature was below freezing outside. I kept being told 'it's coming on soon' and was not offered a portable heater until I rang my travel advisor (who refused to move us hotels despite having a baby). We were eventually given a small radiator and were hounded at around 11pm by hotel staff who persistently knocked on our door and rang my mobile phone.

The room we stayed in - room 7 - was disgusting. The shower had no attachment and the hole where it should be was filled with toilet roll. People were smoking in their rooms and we were given damp towels and no fresh china wear or cutlery.

Do not stay here at all. The pictures on the site are incredibly misleading.

Their site also tells you that you're able to leave luggage in a 'secure' place. Luggage is left in the communal dining room for anyone to access and their staff told me 'usually no thefts happen'.

Absolute horrific stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Kensington Court Hotel Notting Hill? Share your experiences!