my boyfriend and I stayed here for 4 nights in September and were a bit apprehensive about staying in a hostel. However, it turned out to be really great, our room (double suite) was nice and comfortable, with a tv, fridge, kettle, desk and nice decent sized bathroom. It was clean and we had a large window to open which looked out over the rooftops on the other side of the street. Staff were friendly and accomodating, many of them appeared to be travellers from other countries as well. There's internet access in the lobby (you have to pay for) and free wifi in the rooms, however our wifi connection didn't work. Breakfast (included in the room price) is not bad to get you started for the day- toast, cereal, ham, cheese and tea/coffee. Reception is open 24 hours. Overall, given london is such an expensive place to stay in, I would definatley recommend this place (in a private room, can't comment on the bunk bed rooms) it's only a 5-10 minute bus ride to Oxford street or a 2 minute walk to a tube station. The kabab/curry place across the road is delicious and the people there are super friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Smart Backpackers! Be smart - stay Smart!Thank you for choosing the Hyde Park View! We aim to provide comfortable, stylish, convenient and affordable accommodation in Central London at a price that can't be beat.We reside in a partially-converted three-star hotel, featuring full en-suite bathrooms in every room. We are the only hostel in London to offer you this spectacular advantage! Our classic, listed building is set on a quiet residential street in the heart of London's bohemian Bayswater, one of London's most beautiful districts.Our private rooms, including doubles, twins, our family triple and quad suites, are three-star accredited and offer in-room colour-televisions with cable reception, direct-dial international phones, full linen services including daily bed making and towels, coffee and tea making facilities, free personal safes and complimentary soaps.There are security lockers in the rooms, available for €1.50 per day key rental.We are also regularly health and safety regulated by the local government, ensuring a comfortable stay for you!Our hostel features free breakfast, FREE WIFI, free linens and a free map! We have currency exchange and on-site self-service laundy facilities. Just ask at reception for pricing details. We also offer free tourist information and 24hr assistance.With a 24-hour guest-only bar that offers drinks specials, theme nights, a high-definition 42 inch plasma television with Sky satellite reception for the sport and movie nights, as well as happy hour from 4pm to midnight, you won't be bored at the Hyde Park View.If you prefer, there's also a spacious common room with comfortable sofas, a colour TV with Sky satellite reception and a book exchange to keep you busy.Our entertainment directors spend all day thinking of ways for you to enjoy yourselves; from movie and game nights to pub crawls, we're there to make sure you enjoy your stay.Of course, even with all of that you may be thinking about your lunch and dinner. Just down the road, we have two eateries that will set your mouth to watering and also keep your budget well sorted.Our Pizza Factory restaurant features more than just pizza. With a menu full of enticing Italian-influenced dishes, we will satisfy your appetite without depleting your funds. And if you plan to visit the attractions of London, save yourself time and money by purchasing your attraction tickets right at reception. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, HostelBookers, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Smart Hyde Park View Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smart Hyde Park View Hotel London
- Smart Hyde Park View Hostel London, England