I haven't been to many hostels, but I'll bet this one is much like the rest of them. A bit grimy, full of "exotic" smells, and tight sleeping arrangements. That said, it wasn't terrible, I mean you don't use a hostel for the comfort, you just need somewhere cheap to sleep it off. They had showers that put out consistent hot yet not scolding water, plenty of sinks and toilets to use. The bed seemed clean and the sheets were clean, however the blanket they gave me was damp and smelled like a dead raccoon wrapped in a dirty diaper. Otherwise the bed was a bed and it had a curtain you could draw to shut out the light. The location was great, Sainsbury's was a block away and a Tesco was too. This hostel had a kitchen, with two refrigerates w/ freezers, so you can eat cheap as well. Right across from Kensington Gardens and Hyde park, and I did talk to a constable "cop" and you can drink in the park legally! My only real draw-back I had was keeping a charge on my cell phone, the outlets were somewhat challenging to come by. There were a few in my room but seeing how I was only there when I was sleeping, I didn't like the idea of my phone being outside out my reach...don't kid yourself, there are sketchy folk out there that will "nick" a $500 phone in a heartbeat! Over all great for the price. I used Hostelbookers to get the bed for dirt cheap. and it worked well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 110 yrd from Hyde Park, this hostel is a 5-minute walk from Queensway Underground Station. It offers spacious rooms with an en suite bathroom and free WiFi access throughout. The dormitories at Smart Hyde Park View all have lockers and a hairdryer for guests to use. Private rooms are also available, with a TV and telephone in each. Free Wi-Fi is available in the common areas. There is a lounge bar for guests to enjoy, with drinks, snacks and a flat-screen TV. Continental breakfasts are served daily. There is a 24-hour front desk and free luggage storage for early check-ins. The property is set in a classic listed building on a residential street in the heart of London's bohemian Bayswater, one of London's most beautiful districts. Smart Hyde Park View is 875 yrd from Kensington Gardens, and Marble Arch and Oxford Street are within 20 minutes' walk. The Royal Albert Hall can also be reached in 20 minutes' walk, and Westminster and the Big Ben are a 10-minute Tube ride away. Westminster is a great choice for travellers interested in Shopping, Theatre and Monuments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, LateRooms, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and HostelWorld so you can book your Smart Hyde Park View Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Smart Hyde Park View Hotel London
- Smart Hyde Park View Hostel London, England