I should start by saying the hotel is well situated and has very comfortable rooms. Parking was straightforward (if a bit expensive at £12) and it's not in the middle of nowhere as there is a pleasant lockside walk.
Food in the restaurant was of a good standard and service was initially good, though towards the end of our meal we were waiting quite a long time for service, despite the restaurant not being busy (there was a wedding in the function suite which possibly impacted us)
So far so good - until 2.30am when said wedding was disbanding and the DJs were unloading all their equipment - not particularly quietly!) Not a huge deal though.
Then 7.40am - despite a very clear "do not disturb" sign being on the door, I hear a knock. I ignore it. 2 mins later, another knock. I go to the door and look through the spy glass to see a member of staff. I turned around to put my dressing gown on and then the phone rings - I answer and nobody is there and the person had gone from the door too. The phone call woke my 5 year old daughter. Not impressed.
Guy on reception didn't do anything other than take my email address so he could investigate and email me back - nothing yet.
It's a shame, as otherwise it was a good stay. Fundamentally though, you stay in a hotel to get a good and undisturbed night's sleep so I've had to mark the hotel at 3 stars instead of 4.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a scenic waterfront setting, Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock is just six miles away from the centre of London and 15 minutes away from London Heathrow Airport. The bright, contemporary bedrooms have air-conditioning, flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi/high-speed internet connections. Some of the rooms including Executive grade ones offer terraced-balconies with impressive views across the waterside. A mini-gym facility is also available on a complimentary basis. The hotel is ideally situated to connect with local area businesses on the Great West Road, or around Chiswick and Heathrow. Alternatively it is an ideal base to visit and explore local attractions such as Kew Gardens, Syon Park, Twickenham Stadium and Richmond Park. The hotel has recently transformed it's public-areas to reveal a unique and exciting new Open-Lobby concept which allows guests to meet, relax and refresh and choose to do so in the space that best suits their needs. New 24/7 vending and restaurant facilities allow guests a flexible and appealing choice in a modern and inspiring new environment. The venue offers 4 excellent inter-connecting conference suites that overlook the waterside, and are perfect for both business events and social occasions such as weddingsThe hotel provides excellent connections to the M4/M25/A4 network and is a 15-minute walk from Brentford and Syon Park Railway Stations, offering train connections to central London. Boston Manor Underground Station is accessible from the hotel, and secure on-site parking is also available in the hotel’s own facility ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, BookIt.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock Hotel London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock England