Always good to start with a compliment: This hotel had good food and a great Starbucks!
The view is a little poor (lots of empty buildings around). The location is also fine, if you want to be in Brentford. But alas there is only one thing you really need when you stay in a Hotel: and that is sleep. Especially staying in a hotel with a two year old – sleep is quite essential!
We arrived at the hotel rather tired after a very long trip from the northern most city in the Netherlands (Groningen). 5 ours driving to the ferry, another 3 hours ferry (including waiting, loading and unloading) and then another 2 our drive to the hotel. Checking in went well. Went up to the room on the 5th floor and within 1 minute I asked my husband “what on earth is that noise?”
The walls were shaking, the sink in the bathroom shook, the floors vibrated. The sound went deep into your soul and stayed there. A noise so annoying I did not want to stay in the room. Calling down to reception gave us the answer that the noise would stop within an hour. Our daughter of two had to sleep… but there was no way she could sleep with this constant sound. We tried to lessen it by creating other noise (TV on, Ipads on, Windows open etc etc). This helped a wee bit but would not help with sleep. Two hours later we rang back down to reception. It was 10pm. They finally sent someone up to stop this noise – apparently it was the vent system for the kitchens.
Silence. Silence is golden after such an ordeal. Our daughter fell asleep at 11pm. Way too late for her (being midnight in the Netherlands) but at least she slept… until 7 am… when the same droning, never ending sound started up again. A phone call did not help “I’m sorry the kitchen needs the ventilator on”.
After only 8 hours sleep our daughter (and ourselves) were less than amused!! We asked to be moved to another room, we got the response “This will take half an hour as housekeeping has to clean a room first”. I asked to listen in the room first to ensure it was less noisy there… but I still had to wait. 1,5 hours later I could finally sit down in the new room to listen. The window was open. I sat on the bed, heard noise from outside (planes over head and such) but did not hear the same consistent irritating droning noise. We said we’d move but were less than happy or rested about it.
We moved all our things into the room (and as all parents know, travelling with small children = lots of baggage)… hoping for rest – and a good midday nap for our daughter. Especially as we had lost the whole morning to getting a new room already and she was just too tired to actually go and enjoy the day. We closed the window (it was getting a little chilly)… and lo and behold… the same consistent droning noise came back. Luckily a little bit less than before… but still a constant hum. Our daughter was so tired, she slept for a few hours and we could enjoy the afternoon in Brentford. That night we ourselves were so tired that the three of us all did fall asleep even with the humming.
But honestly I would never stay there again unless it was the last place in Brentford. The only retribution the hotel offered for this ordeal: free parking (with it’s over priced 24 pounds for 2 nights parking – it was the least they could do!!). All in and all, a terrible place to stay – a terrible way to spend a long weekend away – and I would not recommend it to anyone.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock Hotel
- Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- London Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a scenic waterfront setting, Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock is just six miles away from the centre of London and 15 minutes away from London Heathrow Airport. The bright, contemporary bedrooms have air-conditioning, flat-screen TVs and Wi-Fi/high-speed internet connections. Some of the rooms including Executive grade ones offer terraced-balconies with impressive views across the waterside. A mini-gym facility is also available on a complimentary basis. The hotel is ideally situated to connect with local area businesses on the Great West Road, or around Chiswick and Heathrow. Alternatively it is an ideal base to visit and explore local attractions such as Kew Gardens, Syon Park, Twickenham Stadium and Richmond Park. The hotel has recently transformed it's public-areas to reveal a unique and exciting new Open-Lobby concept which allows guests to meet, relax and refresh and choose to do so in the space that best suits their needs. New 24/7 vending and restaurant facilities allow guests a flexible and appealing choice in a modern and inspiring new environment. The venue offers 4 excellent inter-connecting conference suites that overlook the waterside, and are perfect for both business events and social occasions such as weddingsThe hotel provides excellent connections to the M4/M25/A4 network and is a 15-minute walk from Brentford and Syon Park Railway Stations, offering train connections to central London. Boston Manor Underground Station is accessible from the hotel, and secure on-site parking is also available in the hotel’s own facility ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn London - Brentford Lock reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.