“Rooms very small, shower tiny.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Avonmore Hotel

You added Avonmore Hotel to your Saves list
Avonmore Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   57 Cartwright Gardens, London WC1H 9EL, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Ranked #835 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Anglesey
“Rooms very small, shower tiny.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked this hotel as it was a good price. On arrival the chap in Reception was very helpful. Our room was small, needed some work done to it to freshen it up a bit. We only had1 hand & bath towel even though it was booked for two persons. No bath mat.
On the positive side the room was nice and warm and we had a peaceful sleep. Breakfast room was clean and well stocked. Two girls serving were very helpful and polite. The food was very good not like the reviews I had read previously. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to friends but I would stay there again if the price was right.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Leeds, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A crapt room in one very very tired and poor hotel. I stayed on the top floor (14) in a 4 foot square bed with a bathroom (meant to be ensuite) across a hall that you had to lock your room with and use the key to unlock your cupboard - sorry bathroom door with).
I'm thankful it was only one night, but never again
HO, beware of the stairs that are close to ladders especially the last set which are lethal and the free wifi never worked...

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Haifa, Israel
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2014

I stayed with my wife and son 4 nights, between 21/Oct/2014 and 25/Oct/2014. The rooms are extremely small, with no space to put even a small suitcase. The bathroom door can be closed only from inside. There is no knob and latch to close the door from the room side. There is no elivatore and the stairs are inconvenient, they are narrow and very steep. And of course no lobby. To top it off, the service at the receptionist is outrageous. They were not polite and showed no patient to hear and attend our questions (especially the lady).
The location is good and breakfast staff are very nice.
Thus, this is a Hotel for one night to a single person that has a small carryon only.

Room Tip: Room at the second floor are bigger
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Kathmandu, Nepal
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2014

The hotel room was clean enough, but very small. It was almost impossible to move once inside the shower room. There was not even a piece of soap in the bathroom! Breakfast was all right, but you could tell easily that everything was based on supermarket bulk buying. Yogurt was from Tesco. Tea didn’t taste good. Coffee was instant. I know that these days everything is exorbitant in London, but, still I felt it was a bit too much. But what bothered me most was unfriendliness of the male manager (I don’t think he was the owner.) Despite everything, I tried to be cheerful and said “Good morning” to this guy, but was ignored. What’s wrong?

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Leicestershire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We paid £79 for a 1 night stay In July. I took my 9 your old niece to London for the night/next day so we could visit the sites of London. We wanted to be close to Euston Train Station. I cannot believe that people are moaning because the rooms are too hot. Its the middle of summer in the middle of London, what do you expect? We had a fan in our room which we just kept on low all night. We were staying in Room 4 which was close to the reception area. It was a medium sized room with a comfy bed and was clean and tidy. We found the staff to be helpful and friendly. We slept absolutely fine and didn't hear any noise. We didn't experience the breakfast as we had to leave very early in the morning. For the price we paid Im happy with what we received.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I have stayed in 3 of the hotels on this curving strip of properties in the King's Cross area. This place is by far the worst. This isn't a hotel so much as a rooming house. It was never meant to be a hotel and you can hear every noise emanating from all the rooms around you. If you need anything resembling quiet in a hotel room, this will be a disaster for you. I was shown one room that is the smallest hotel room I have ever seen, and almost all the sub-100 pound rooms in this area are very small. I said 'no way' and the next one was in the basement and smelled like a very strong disinfectant. Wifi is a joke.

I am not going to name the other places on this strip that are a better deal - please see my other reviews if you want. I'll just say that this place is awful and you can do much better in this price range and neighbourhood.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Yate, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

I think this is probably the smallest room I've ever stayed in - and that includes university rooms for conferences! The room was clean, but tiny and the shower was hot, but that's about it! The lock on the door looked like it was going to slip undone, so the chair was up against the door all night. The walls are thin and I could hear people coming and going from around 5am! Fortunately I didn't have a suitcase with me - if I had, I've no idea where it would have gone! One positive: the breakfast was cooked fresh and was delicious - but there aren't enough tables to cope with the number of guests, so be prepared to share. I guess it's supply and demand, but £145 for one night is ridiculous! Be warned and keep looking for somewhere else if you can!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Avonmore Hotel? Share your experiences!