“good location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Avonmore Hotel

You added Avonmore Hotel to your Saves list
Avonmore Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   57 Cartwright Gardens, London WC1H 9EL, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Ranked #762 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“good location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

we got moved here as the hotel we had booked next door was flooded and we got a free breakfast.there was 3 of us girls in a triple room and it was spacious enough for us.shower was tiny and you had to go up 3 steps to go into it to use the loo.the hotel was clean,all staff were polite .the were only tiny soap bars in the loo so you would need to take shower gel.hotel is in excellent location and the pub just round the corner is nice to.would stay again for its location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
  • Greek first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2014

This hotel location is very good because of near Kings Cross, Euston and Russel Squre station, and Buritish Museum. And There are many Pubs, restaurants and shops around hotel.

Handmade breakfast was delicious and it was good for me to have many fruits.

When stay at London, this hotel is one of my recommend hotels.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

As i entered the premises, I was greeted with nothing but the foul stench of a fishy natured smell! As if that wasnt enough the french receptionist smelt like she had a hard night on the garlic. Her vocabulary was diabolical to say the least.
At first glance the room was dark and dreiry. The shower must have been designed for a dwarf! I would have had more room washing oneself in a match box. I was awakened by the ghasty smell of swine meat and being from muslim descent I was highly offended.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

I stayed here for one night in Feb 14. The room was as expected for the price. The receptionist was receptive. The breakfast timing and quality was something else! I waited for over 30 minutes until I went to the kitchen to be served. I asked, politely, for bacon and eggs. I received a slice of bacon fat and an over cooked solid fried egg. Needless to say I left it all and purchased my breakfast elsewhere! Not an experience I would wish on anybody - avoid!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

I stayed for one night in this place and I will never return. The good points are mainly about its location - close to Kings Cross, Russell Square tube and the marvellous Brunswick Centre. Unfortunately this hotel is dingy, expensive and of such a low standard in almost everything, as to be almost unacceptable as a hotel. Hostel would be closer to the mark, but it doesn't even rise to that standard. The room I was put in was tiny, the bed took up most of it. The shower room (no bath) was very dark and unpleasant. I couldn't find the cupboard but after a search found it behind a door. The staff were OK, but I just couldn't bring myself to stay for breakfast. It is outrageous value for money - £195.00 for one night in possibly the worst hotel in London. Please do yourself a favour and steer clear.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sheffield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

I stayed at the avonmore for a night mid week. The room was small and a bit tatty although generally clean. The bed was comfy enough. The main problem was the noise. I was in one of the basement rooms and as well as being able to hear the tube I could hear several different conversations most of the time. It almost sounded like they were being amplified into my room.
The location is great and the breakfast was fine.
I wouldn't go back just because of how noisy it was.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
manchester
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Very close to Euston but in a quiet area so all had a good night's sleep. Friendly staff who let us store our bags as we arrived before check-in. We had a family room which was very spacious and clean. The breakfast was a choice of cereals, yogurts and full English with unlimited toast and was very nice. 24 hour reception. We felt very safe in the area. If you travel with a family rail pass, then get day travel tickets from any Underground station. ? It saves a fortune and can be used on the underground & buses. Its easier to do this at Russell Sq than Euston as Euston is mega busy and a bit of a nightmare.

Room Tip: Room 5 is a family room which sleeps 4 and is on the ground floor