“Wimbledon trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Premier Inn London Wimbledon South

You added Premier Inn London Wimbledon South to your Saves list
Premier Inn London Wimbledon South
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   27 Chapter Way | Off Merantun Way, London SW19 2RF, England   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Rooms from £71
Ranked #216 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Halifax, United Kingdom
“Wimbledon trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

A tricky location get to after the tennis without a taxi but easy to get back to King's Cross, St Pancras etc next day. Staff were genuine and enthusiastic - it felt like they loved their jobs. Free tennis themed colouring for our 10 yr olds, which they loved. Great deals on wine, and free drinks for the children from a delightful barmaid, Claudia. Comfy room, jolly waitress at breakfast, a fab meal, and super service from reception on seeking advice about onward travel. Nothing appeared to be too much trouble and will definitely consider for next year.

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last 2 years whilst at Wimbledon and though prices are slightly over inflated for Premier Inn, it's competitive against other hotels for the tennis. Rooms are fine and up to normal PI standard but are very warm in summer. Thank goodness for the air con! Anyway, highlight is the breakfast as its one of the best in any of the numerous hotels I have stayed in and the service is excellent too. Would use again without a doubt.

• Stayed June 2013
Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed here because it was near to Wimbledon tennis.
The hotel was clean, comfortable and modern.
The staff were friendly and very helpful.
Our room was clean and comfortable, the shower was good, had 2 excellent nights sleep. My only complaint is that the room was veery hot and could benefit from air conditioning.
Breakfast was fab!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with premierinn.com

Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay in the hotel. Reception and breakfast staff very friendly and helpful. The room had separate beds for the children which was great. Beds very comfy. Room was bit hot with 4 of us in and air con quite noisy. We'd return again for a great base for a London sightseeing trip.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Firstly can I say I Love Premier Inns. I use them most weeks and find them clean, and comfortable. I also have terminal cancer so need the hotels to be accommodating of a couple of issues that I ask for. I can't walk or carry my stuff very far so I always pre call reception and get them to allocate me a room close to reception and although my new car hasn't got a disabled badge yet obviously having cancer is a dead give away that I am disabled, so I need a disabled parking spot.
I called the hotel and was told they would ensure I got a room close to reception and a car space close to reception, the lady on the phone was going to be on reception on my arrival so it will be fine.
On arrival we found the car park was not part of the hotel, so I'd have to pay the parking fees each day, not a problem but this was the first we'd heard about it and it also meant my "pre arranged" space was not going to happen. Strike one Premier Inn.
At reception we found our rooms were on the fourth floor half way down the corridor. A heck of a long way from the room I requested and was told was allocated to me. I managed to get my stuff to the room which was clean as usual. So strike two to the hotel.
Premier Inn food is usually great. Here we ordered our food only to be later told three of the items we'd ordered were not available. We selected replacement meals which were of less than average quality. My burger was awful, horrendous, I could have repaired a pothole with it. Dried out over cooked, it was dreadful. None of us were impressed with the food but were too tired to make a big fuss. Strike three
Next morning I find I have to put a £6 parking ticket in my car window before 9.00 am to avoid a £65 charge, so no lie in then. Strike four
Breakfast was better, apart from having to Pay up front for breakfast. But it was OK. We got back late to find neither room key was still working. After schlepping up to the fourth floor with our bags, waiting for the terribly slow and full lifts to arrive for fifteen minutes, the door keys didn't work so we had to go back down to reception to get new ones. Receptions response? You must have put it near your phone, which we didn't
Again next day up before nine to put a parking ticket in the car, then to breakfast. We waited to be seated by the waitress who proceeded to ask if we'd prepaid? No we are paying now please. She then let three families through before us to be seated. At this point I complained. What difference does it make who paid when, if you have queuing system you follow it don't you? We were then taken to a dirty table that was not set up while the waitress got someone to put cutlery down, they didn't clean it until we asked, then they only set it up for three not four so I had to wait ten minutes for them to get me clean cutlery.
The food was hit and miss with the toaster requiring three passes through it to get toast, and the food was just OK at best.
Check out was OK and couldn't come soon enough. Overall the worst Premier Inn I've ever used and I've used a few. I'd never stay there again. None of the accommodations I asked for and they agreed to do we're met, the staff were friendly but some clearly incompetent, and the parking is a joke. Never again will I use this hotel, thank goodness the other Premier Inns we use are usually great.

Room Tip: The hotel is busy and waiting for the lifts is a nightmare so unless you like stairs get a room on f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn London Wimbledon South, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to provide guests with a comfortable stay and deliver a high level of service in all our establishments, both in our hotels and restaurants. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I chose this hotel as it was very good value for a Premier Inn close to a underground station; no more than 5 mins walk from Colliers Wood on the Northern Line. There are a lot of facilities around, so if you forgot supplies or food, you are right beside a KFC, Pizza Hut, Sainsburys, M&S, Boots etc.
The staff at the hotel were most helpful, always asking how my stay was. The room was clean, comfortable and pleasant. I had breakfast most mornings and the food was excellent.

In all, it was a faultless stay. I'll definitely return here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Battle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is Premier Inn appears a bit older than some i have stayed in but the stay was just as comfortable . it also had the same high standards of service. The restaurant staff were particularly helpful and kind and were particulrly good with my daughter. Whoever does the disability awareness training has done a brilliant job. Another really enfoyable Premier inn stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn London Wimbledon South? Share your experiences!