“What a change!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #290 of 1,075 hotels in London
Durham, United Kingdom
“What a change!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

How nice to check into a hotel and have genuine staff who want to serve you. Especially impressed with all the breakfast staff, who served a great breakfast with a smile and courtesy that puts some of the "full service" hotels to shame. Thankyou.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

506 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Belfast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Okay. So for years I have been avoiding Premier Inn and other budget hotels like the plague. But after my night at Premier Inn in Kew, I'm converted.

In my experience, discount accommodation tends to attract college kids who can't afford more and hen/stag do's looking for a cheap place to crash so they can save their cash for drinks. Nothing wrong with either, but both groups tend to come back in the wee hours after I've gone to bed and continue socialising. So i typically shell out a bit more to avoid the situation and ensure a good night's sleep.

However on this trip, work was paying and it was one of the few in our price range. I was up at 4.30am to catch a flight, went directly to a conference and didn't check in until 9pm - shattered.

From start to finish the staff were welcoming, warm and helpful. I don't think I've visited ANYWHERE where people seemed so genuinely happy and pleasant. The young gentleman at the desk patiently helped me get check in when I was too tired to make quick sense of the fact that I'd only booked and not yet paid for the room. And when I asked for the best way to get to my conference the next morning by public transport, he was able to tell me exactly which bus to take and from where. So reassuring when you don't know the area.

The next morning, the young woman at the front desk gave me a new copy of my receipt without even a glimmer of attitude or inconvenience (in my fatigued stupor I managed to lose the one from the night before). And at breakfast, everyone was just really nice and helpful without seeming smarmy or overbearing.

Think it was probably the best customer service experience I've ever had anywhere, including the US.

When I arrived at the door to my room, I braced myself for a tiny, dingy box. But I was amazed to find what I considered a huge, clean, modern room. I'd booked a double. But the bed was more like a superking size! Comfortable and clean. Shower worked great.

No complaints. Will definitely try premier again. Who knew.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Darwen, England, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Just had 2 nights in the hotel with my daughter and really enjoyed it.
On arrival we were met by efficient staff who explained the booking in.
The rooms were nicely furnished and decorated and the beds, pillows and linen were very comfortable.
We had 2 lovely big fluffy white bath towels.
Would highly recommend this and only a short bus ride to Gunnersbury tube station.
Buses 237 and 267 stop almost outside and run very regularly.

Room Tip: We were on level 4 411 and at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
nottingham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times on business and have always found it very good, clean, friendly staff and rooms unusually large for aPremier Inn.Parking is under the hotel and they charge £7.50 for 24hrs even though i don't see any security for your parking..Nice restaurant and food is always weell cooked.I would recommend this one

Room Tip: higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

Be aware that if you park in a Premier Inn space it will cost you £7, but in a public space alongside, only £5. Otherwise very good, very comfortable and would recommend to others. Restaurant is very good, which is handy seeing as ther isn't much alternative in the immediate area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I arrived on business not expecting much to be honest. I have been delighted, firstly the staff were really helpful and friendly. The room was large, the bed huge, enough tv channels and better still the tv tilts so you can watch it in the bath. I slept like a log. I didn't expect to eat at the hotel so I printed off a list of local restaurants. When I saw the menu I was impressed there was plenty of choice. My colleague and I both had a really delicous 2 course meal with drinks for 35 . When I first glanced through at the restaurant bar it looked a bit clinical when I went in I realised it was really nice with a bar area pool table and restaurant. Only critiscm was the heating in the room the system is loud and inefficient. You get 30 mins free wi if a day as well.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

Visiting Wembley for overnight stay 2012 League Cup Final.
Ideal situation off motorway.
Friendly staff.
Great bedrooms.
Friendly bar.
Scrumptious breakfast :as much as you can eat
Great price.
Great location for other attractions.

Room Tip: As far as I know they are all good.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Premier Inn London Kew? Share your experiences!