“Dont care staff, poor quality hotel” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Chrysos Hotel

Save Saved
You added Chrysos Hotel to your Saves list
Chrysos Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   25 - 27 Norfolk Square | Paddington, London W2 1RX, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #653 of 1,054 Hotels in London
Odessa, Ukraine
“Dont care staff, poor quality hotel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel and for sure will never book again. Dilapidated room and shower. In my room didn’t work TV and wi-fi; in the room of my friend didn’t work wi-fi, phone and one evening there was no light. When I informed guy at the reception about all a.m. the only reaction was: OK. Rather poor breakfast.
Location is the only advantage of this hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Chrysos_Hotel, General Manager at Chrysos Hotel, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Dear Oleg,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.

I am sorry you felt we did not meet your expectations. All rooms are of standard quality and wifi is only available advertised free of charge in the lobby, bar, and breakfast rooms.

I am also quite surprised to hear your TV did not work, as all TVs have been recently changed to flat screen HD LCD TVs for a better viewing experience in room. We have now checked the TV in your room and found it to be working. All lights are checked by maintenance, however should a problem be reported we do attend to it as quickly as possible.

We hope you will give us another chance to change your mind.

Kind regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stayed at this hotel with my two sisters for three nights, it was an absolute pleasure, the staff were so helpful and really interactive with us, the reception is 24 hours and always staffed with a good humoured receptionist, the information given back to us as we threw question after question, was fully answered and more importantly followed with better information than what we had and moneysaving too. The room was a triple, comfortable, clean, tea making facilities, hot water for showers, room was cleaned and towels replaced every day, great TV with lots of channels including Radio and music channels, there is even sound proofing slides on the windows so no noise from the street, breakfast was really good as was the dining staff. This hotel was recommended to me by the agent I booked through for the location, which was so perfect for us close to everywhere we wanted to visit, this is the perfect location as everything is on your doorstop (even a McDonalds)
Thank you for making our stay in London memorable, (for the right reasons)..

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Chrysos_Hotel, General Manager at Chrysos Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Linda,

Thank you for staying with us, as well as your kind and positive review. We are happy to read we made your stay an enjoyable one and that you liked our service and rooms.

We hope you will be back in the near future!

Best wishes to you and your family.

All the Staff and Management at Chrysos Hotel
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014 via mobile

What an awful hotel. I stayed there at a cost of £165 for one night. I selected a double room when I booked but was provided with a triple single room. The room was dirty, there was rubbish left of the bedside from the previous occupant, the tea making facilities were dirty too. As a result I wasn't sure if the beds and towels were clean. I got there late so there was no choice but to stay, had I been a little earlier I'd have walked out and booked in elsewhere. Avoid.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Chrysos_Hotel, General Manager at Chrysos Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear James G,

Thank you for your review.

I was quite disheartened to read about your experience. I have done some investigation, and i am afraid the company you used to book you into the hotel booked a triple room and not a double as you state. This is out of our control as room selections are left to the Booker to decide.

I am also concerned about your issues with the cleaning as all rooms are checked by a floor supervisor and housekeeper before a new check in. The state you are claiming the room was in would mean it was not cleaned and further missed by two senior employees of the hotel. Although this would be a great error by the hotel, i would be interested to see if you could provide me with any proof or further information so that we may investigate this further. Contact details for the hotel management may be found via your booking agent.

Kind regards,

Chrysos Hotel Management.
Turku, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I stayed in Chrysos with a friend and will surely return there. Location was excellent, it was very close to Paddington Station and also Lancaster Gate Tube station. There were many nice restaurants and pubs nearby. Breakfast was nice, so were the room, the bed was very comfortable and it was nice and warm in our room.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Chrysos_Hotel, General Manager at Chrysos Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Apila,

Thank you for your review and choosing The Chrysos Hotel for your stay.

We appreciate your kind and positive words for our service and accommodation. We hope to see you back with us very soon.

Take care!
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

Hotel located perfectly in central London. Rooms are clean and basic with everything you need - tea, coffee, wifi etc. comfortable beds! staff are friendly and always on hand to help (24 hour reception). Go for the full English breakfast! Would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed March 2014
Chrysos_Hotel, General Manager at Chrysos Hotel, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear StevoM,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I am happy to read we provided an excellent service to you, and your scores really make the hotel staff feel like they are good at what they do.

We appreciate it a lot and hope to see you back with us very soon.

Take care.
Enfield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife & I stayed overnight after seeing a show in the west end, I was looking for a Hotel in central London where I could stay with minimum travel from the show & we were extremely pleased with the whole package. We were able to check in with ease & the receptionist also arranged a taxi for us on the request time, the room was a good size & the shower was great. The bed was very comfortable & clean as was the rest of the hotel, our breakfast was excellent & arrived quickly which did take me by surprise but in a good way! I can recommend this hotel as it is excellent value for money with great customer service. My wife & I will stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Chrysos_Hotel, General Manager at Chrysos Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel with your kind and positive words. We are so pleased you enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and that you will return.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best wishes to you!
Athens, Greece
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

We stayed in this hotel in late January.The hotel is located in a nice quiet area very close to Paddinghton station which is a big advantage.The room was fair and clean.The problem was with the heating as it was never open and the noise from the other rooms.
Breakfast was ok.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Chrysos_Hotel, General Manager at Chrysos Hotel, responded to this review, March 9, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice review & we are happy your stay was pleasant. Please note should you stay with us again that the heating is controlled by yourselves using the thermostat in the room. Our staff will be more than happy to show you.

Take care.

Been to Chrysos Hotel? Share your experiences!