The good natured part of me wanted to give this place three stars, but the reality is, it’s only worth two stars; To be fair we found the staff to be very friendly.
Do yourself and your Credit Card a favour, stay somewhere else, or be forewarned here.
We’ve stayed at Aspen Apartments before back in March 2011, but must have just struck it lucky on the room we were given and everything thing else it seems to us now.
For this trip we had a Double Room Apartment which we’d booked several months in advance, and as per usual had to supply our bankcard details in advance for our stay in October 2013.
My defensive system went on full alert when we arrived totally buggered after 24 hours of flying to be told we must settle up our account in full (for a 7 day stay) before being shown to our room.
I mean what are you going to do, ask to see the room first before settling ? Every other accommodation we’ve stayed at previously settles your account at the end of your stay.
If we’d known this previously, there’s no way we’d have stayed.
Ok to start:
(1) The smoke alarm has gone off three times now in our room at all hours of the night, and after politely asking, we were told “It’s always caused by smokers in the room which is banned, so there might be a further charge”. My wife stated that neither of us smoke so could we have it fixed please. The Receptionist said they’d get their colleague to take a look, and we’re still waiting !
(2) The heater in our room never worked, and after politely asking again we were told “we only turn it on when the cold weather comes”. To which my wife suggested “So we must freeze until then”. The Hotel was full on our 5th day and the heaters finally worked that night, no doubt due to other complaints.
(3) The window in our bedroom wouldn’t close so we listened to the traffic noise every night.
(4) On entering the room for the first time we noticed only 3 pillows on the bed, with a couch cushion which had obviously been used by the previous room tenant. We asked for another pillow, only to be told “There’s more pillows in the cupboard in the bedroom”. I explained that we’d checked this and no there wasn’t; In the end we had to ask again.
(5) Very strange behavior when we checked out, no one said "Have a nice holiday" or "Hope to see you next time"; To be honest they couldn't have cared, because to be honest they'd had our money for 7 days previously.
We tried to be realistic, knowing that The Aspen Apartments is a long way from being a 4 or 5 star accommodation hotel, but word of mouth is the best way of preserving the traveller’s dollar, something TripAdvisor does extremely well.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Odigeo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Aspen Suites Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aspen Suites Hyde Park Hotel London
- Aspen Hotel London
- Aspen Hotel Hyde Park
- Aspen Suites Hyde Park London, England