“Worth it.” 5 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Aspen Suites Hyde Park to your Saves list
Aspen Suites Hyde Park
Aspen Suites Hyde Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   176 Sussex Gardens, London W2 1TP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #734 of 1,073 hotels in London
Crewe, England, United Kingdom
“Worth it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

Me and me wife were booked in at Westpoint hotel in a double room, we found it too cramped so asked if we could upgrade to a triple room they offered us a suite at Aspen Apartments located in the same building and it was worth it for the extra Space. Even if you gonna eat out or include breakfast it is nice to have the option to eat in. Everything clean and couldn't hear other guests.

Room Tip: If you don't ask you don't get!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Dear guest,
We appreciate your review and looking forward to welcoming you in a near future
Best regards,
Aspen apartments

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Melb
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

I have stayed at Aspen many times since 2010.
Last year, I came for the Olympic and Paralympic Games , where my daughter was working for the Australian Equestrian teams.
I stayed again at Aspen and as usual, a safe and happy stay.
The apartments are well fitted and supermarkets and stores nearby to purchase requirements for making meals etc.
Paddington station is so close, and many buslines to London.
Rooms were thoroughly cleaned.
Location wise, I would highly recommend Aspen.
Staff were helpful and able to assist where necessary.
I will definitely stay again in the future.
Thanks for many happy times Esther Kahn Melbourne Australia

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
The hotel is very convenient located, easy access to busses/underground and attractions. Our ratings are very high when it comes to cleanness. If you looking for a place to stay where you can cook you own food this is the place to stay at. It makes us feel very proud & delighted by receiving such positive comment. And we are looking forward to see you again in a near future. Best wishes, Westpoint, Abbeycourt & Aspensuites
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I've booked two of their apartments to celebrate Christmas with my family and hoped for a pleasant stay to match the cheerful occasion. I've contacted the hotel prior to our arrival to ensure that everything was ok especially that I booked it one month in advance, the receptionist has confirmed that everything was great and off we set off on our trip.
When we arrived we were asked to settle up the balance upon the check in which I had no problems with and we were sent off with the keys. The trip to our rooms raised the alarm bells as there was an unpleasant smell in the air and to get to one of them we had to get through a double mattress which was left right outside of the door... Upon entering the rooms I realised these weren't the apartments that I have booked but some shabby, smelly rooms instead that were given to us as a mistake (so I presumed so). We went back to the reception to return the keys and get the keys to the two apartments that we have booked to which we were told that they have a double booking and they cannot give us an alternative. I tried to reason with the man at the reception saying that none of this matter was raised with us beforehand neither when I called them the day before nor when they charged me on arrival for 2 apartments and not 2 standard rooms. Reception staff were not in anyway prepared to help nor was the manager who we were told was not available and occupied with important matters.
At that point I was getting very anxious as I had theater tickets pre booked for all of us and the time was running out so I phoned booking.com (agent I booked through originally) to help resolve the matter as the reception staff told us to 'go and find a different hotel if we didn't like this one'... after few phone calls to the hotel from booking.com the manager suddenly appeared and offered us one apartment and one double room. On inspection we realised that there was no way we could have spent the night in their double room so all 5 of us had to bunk in in one apartment. The manager offered us a discount and have we had the chance to deal with him beforehand we probably would have had resolved this issue earlier and had less of a bitter experience than we had. The silliest thing of all is that we are a fairly reasonable people and had we've been told about their double booking situation we would happily try to find a solution together, at the end of the day it happens. But the reception staff instead tried to cover it up and when confronted did not come up with any solution at all, we were the ones trying to solve the problem, the best that the staff could come up with was 'if you don't like it then go somewhere else'... .
The apartment itself was nice and adequate the only downside was the heating coming on only at certain time of the day so on a cold day it would get rather chilly in there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
When you called us prior to your arrival at the Hotel the reservation was confirmed however on arrival the rooms you booked could not be allocated due to overbooking caused by system failure, this should have been advised to you on check-in I understand that the receptionist who checked you in did fail to inform you of the room type changes and we did apologise for that when you came down to complain.
I spoke to you personally apologised for the inconvenience and we both then agreed on the best solution at the time to solve the problem.
Some bedrooms at the time were going through refurbishment all care was taken to minimise disruption to our guests and as this works take place during day time there was possibly a change that eventually some items were temporarily placed in the hallways but in safe manner and all safety procedures were taken into account. As a result of renovation progress which involved painting the bedrooms is again natural that the smell of paint would pass through the corridors.
It is our aim to provide our valuable guests with best comfort during their stay and a professional service and although you may feel the service let you down we can assure you take steps have been taken in order to rectify and improve our service and encourage you to come and stay with us again in the near future.

Best Regards
Luis
Hotel Manager
Scotland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at Aspen Suites Hyde Park in March 2013 with my family. I cannot recommend this place enough. I found the staff to be very friendly, happy to help and patient (even when we had problems connecting to the wifi).
The apartment itself was 2 double bedroom, a small livingroom, a kitchen full kitted and ready to go and a bathroom with a power shower.
Our stay included a breakfast which again was good.
I found the decor and interior of the reception area lovely and brought a sense of prestige to the place.

We stayed on the 4th floor and were right next to the lift. Also another highlight is, there is free wifi or 2 computers downstairs to use.

The location is very central - literally a 2 min walk from Paddington tube station and about a 5-10 mins walk from Edgware road.

Only thing I would say it is not the easiest to find when you are looking for it.

I have recommended Aspen Suites to a few of my friends already.

I will definitely be coming back.

Room Tip: If you are mobility problems, request a room close to the lift.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
We are happy to hear you had enjoyable stay in Aspen Apartments. We have a great range of apartments and can offer flexible accommodation; Single, Double, Triple or Family Apartments. All the suites are equipped with a lovely living room and dining facilities, bathroom, kitchen and bedroom(s) providing full convenience for your visit to London.
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

On arrival the staff were friendly and efficient. Cleanliness of the appartment was excellent and the rooms were serviced daily. The bathroom was modern. The hotel is very handy for tube stations, and there are many places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you very much for posting such a positive review! We are very glad that you were happy with our services and with the Hotel’s location. Looking forward to see you again in the near future. Once again thank you very much!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay at the Aspen Suites in Paddington with my wife and young childrens in January which is very very cold in London with much snow.

The Aspen is superb - is very warm, very much space and very nice peoples on receptions and manager, also.

Apartments nice and agreable location near Paddington and Lancaster Gate for the tube.

We have a nice suite on top floor with superb views near Park.

We come back in Summer and will stay here at same place also.

Merci!

Room Tip: Stay here in London on top floor - very good price and very good location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting such a positive review.
We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay & that you are happy with our services.
It will always be a pleasure to have guests such as nice as you here in our Hotel.
We are looking forward to welcome you once again in the summer time & hoping that you will have a pleasant stay as the one you had before, if not better.
Best wishes,
The Aspen suites
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom suite in October 2012. Being autumn, the outdoor temperature was between 8 to 11 degrees C. We were surprised to findout that the hotel central heating was not working. When we asked the staff at the reception, he said that the central heating in the entire hotel was off. After complaining, we managed to get an electric heater for the bed room. Although this helped to heat the room, the rest of the suite (sitting room and toilet) were extremely cold.

Being the second visit to this hotel (previous stay was during summer so no problem about heating), we also noticed that the washing machine was removed from the suite which was very inconvenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for leaving a comment. The heating system runs automatically on set hours, however we are taking notes of your comment and will try to improve according to guest requests. Due to
customer feedback we have removed washing facilities, as stated on our website.

Been to Aspen Suites Hyde Park? Share your experiences!