“Fabulous trip” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aspen Suites Hyde Park

Aspen Suites Hyde Park
You added Aspen Suites Hyde Park to your Saves list
Aspen Suites Hyde Park
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   176 Sussex Gardens, London W2 1TP, England (Bayswater / Notting Hill / Lancaster Gate )   |
Ranked #761 of 1,066 Hotels in London
London, England, United Kingdom
“Fabulous trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

On arrival the staff were friendly and efficient. Cleanliness of the appartment was excellent and the rooms were serviced daily. The bathroom was modern. The hotel is very handy for tube stations, and there are many places to eat within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you very much for posting such a positive review! We are very glad that you were happy with our services and with the Hotel’s location. Looking forward to see you again in the near future. Once again thank you very much!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Polish first
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stay at the Aspen Suites in Paddington with my wife and young childrens in January which is very very cold in London with much snow.

The Aspen is superb - is very warm, very much space and very nice peoples on receptions and manager, also.

Apartments nice and agreable location near Paddington and Lancaster Gate for the tube.

We have a nice suite on top floor with superb views near Park.

We come back in Summer and will stay here at same place also.

Merci!

Room Tip: Stay here in London on top floor - very good price and very good location.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for posting such a positive review.
We are very glad that you have enjoyed your stay & that you are happy with our services.
It will always be a pleasure to have guests such as nice as you here in our Hotel.
We are looking forward to welcome you once again in the summer time & hoping that you will have a pleasant stay as the one you had before, if not better.
Best wishes,
The Aspen suites
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We stayed in a one bedroom suite in October 2012. Being autumn, the outdoor temperature was between 8 to 11 degrees C. We were surprised to findout that the hotel central heating was not working. When we asked the staff at the reception, he said that the central heating in the entire hotel was off. After complaining, we managed to get an electric heater for the bed room. Although this helped to heat the room, the rest of the suite (sitting room and toilet) were extremely cold.

Being the second visit to this hotel (previous stay was during summer so no problem about heating), we also noticed that the washing machine was removed from the suite which was very inconvenient.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for leaving a comment. The heating system runs automatically on set hours, however we are taking notes of your comment and will try to improve according to guest requests. Due to
customer feedback we have removed washing facilities, as stated on our website.
Londno
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I made a booking over the counter for 1 double room and 1 family room. Later on via the internet found the price to be markedly different by at least 40%. I called in the day after to cancel the booking. I then I made a booking online via their website for the same. A couple of days later, I made a call to check on the arrangements. First of all, they did not cancel my booking which they said they would (which would incur me a penalty of the full nights stay if I didn't turn up) and although it had been a few days already, my internet booking was not yet received. I left it for 3 weeks to enable them to do the registration. Called in again and the staff on the phone (a Patricia) said that my booking was keyed in but I was surpised that I had 2 family rooms booked instead of 1 family and 1 double. She told me to check my booking as 'I must be mistaken'. As I was coming via Paddington I stopped by the hotel to show her my bookings via my mobile phone. I tried to explain my difficulty at having to check so many times the one booking but she was argumentative, defensive and entirely unprofessional. Denied having the front desk manager's information as 'it is not necessary' for me to know. A lot of work just to make a booking - very doubtful if they can live up to the basic service requirements.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear guest, this was a unique situation as we often have special offers for bookings made in person. Our new staff are currently being trained on bookings and cancellations. We apologise for the lack of satisfactory customer service which is very unusual for the hotel.
Christchurch, New Zealand
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

These apartments are very well located between Paddington station and Hyde Park with many dining options around the corner. The tariff was reasonable for a London apartment. The foreign staff were polite, but not overly friendly. The apartment was reasonable in size for a couple. The daily cleaning was thorough.

The place is difficult to find with no signage outside. The website said that there was a clothes washing machine but on arrival found that they had been removed 6 months earlier with no apology. No dishwashing liquid was provided. The doors are really heavy and difficult to jam open. It was a little gloomy inside with small windows. The breakfast was adequate but would be improved by a wider cereal range. There was free but unreliable wifi.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for sharing a comment ontrip advisor. Our website has updated information about facilities which do not include washing machines however there are laundry facilities within walking distance. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Madrid, Spain
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We checked into this hotel after a long flight from LA and checked out an hour later. The rooms are pretty awful. We had the "triple" suite that was run-down, looked like it hadn't been remodeled since the 70's, had no bathtub and overall just felt old and dilapidated. The beds, if you can call them that, we preferred not to climb into. The double bed was actually a mattress resting on 2 square basis (split length-wise, very odd) and the covers looked old. The single, we didn't even look into. Kitchen and bathroom seemed ok but overall I just didn't feel like I wanted my 4 year old to be sitting on the sofa, sleeping on the bed or sitting on the floor in this room, so we left even though we already paid for the room. This might have been OK in my backpacker days, but not now (and mind you, I have stayed in cleaner and better kept backpacker motels).

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Thank you for your comments.
We are located in listed buildings (dated to the 1830s) it is an old Victroian building and a few of our rooms are small but adequate for purpose. We also have one and two bedroom suites lounge and kitchen areas and en suite bathrooms. The beds are normal standard size.
norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

My daughter, her boyfriend and I stayed in a two bedroom apartment for four nights. It was one bedroom with a double bed and one bedroom with a single bed. There was a livingroom and a kitchen and a bathroom of course. The apartment had everything we needed, and it was clean. The apartment had a lot of doors, and they were quite heavy. They were probably fire doors, but nevertheless there were many doors in this little apartment!
Before we went I read that you could hear traffic noice in the bedrooms. But this is London! What can you expect?! At night I slept anyway, and I even had the window open.....

Room Tip: If you want quieter apartments ask for bedrooms away from the main road.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
AspenHydePark, Guest Relations Manager at Aspen Suites Hyde Park, responded to this review, May 8, 2012
Thank you for recommending Westpoint hotel and for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay.

We are also delighted that you liked the Apartments' central London location. Once again, thank you for posting your feedback and for choosing to stay with us again. We are looking forward to welcoming you again.

Been to Aspen Suites Hyde Park? Share your experiences!