We went up to stay 1 night in london as we were going to a gig and it would be too late to get the train so decided on a hotel.
The hotel itself was quite easy to find down a side road, just around the corner from Kings cross underground station. Getting into the hotel was a bit confusing, no keys etc, press a button and reception will let you in... it is 24hr.
Check in was quick and efficient, fill out a simple form then you get your room key.
The hotel is very clean and quite bright and warm. Although the stairs are very narrow.
Once in our room we had a look around. We unfortunately had a back room which looks out to backs of other buildings which are VERY run down. The room itself was a nice size for the two of us, but would have expected bigger as it has a kitchenette. The bathroom is a great size!! Highlight of the hotel!! Only has a shower though, this was not a problem for us, we prefer showers. The shower was very big!! The bed was extremely comfortable, and when we got back from the gig we had a great night sleep.
Only problems we came across were the heating in the room did not work. There was an in room safe but unfortunately it did not work as someone before us had not reset it!! So now I guess it will be perminently closed as only 1 or 2 people know the code!! Also the tv remote didnt work so before going to sleep we watched a bit of the olympics and had to get up again to turn it off!
The hotel felt safe due to the security system.
Another problem was on checking out, we were told paying by credit card is fine if we were waiting for a new pin number as long as we had ID. When we went to pay, the person said the machine wouldnt accept it. therefore we had to pay cash and card which left us short!!!
Due to the not so good check out, I dont think we will be returning again. It was a nice hotel, but not worth the price. There are better value hotels out there.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Kings Cross Hotel
- Comfort Inn & Suites Kings Cross Hotel London
- Comfort Inn And Suites Kings Cross
- Comfort Inn Kings Cross
- Comfort Inn London
- London Comfort Inn
- Comfort Inn And Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras London, England
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfort Inn and Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras is your ideal place to stay in a central London hotel. The hotel has just been refurbished throughout and offers comfortable accommodation in central London near the St. Pancras Station for Eurostar London. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Otel so you can book your Comfort Inn and Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.