You added Comfort Inn and Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras to your Saves list
Comfort Inn and Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   31-33 Argyle Street, London WC1H 8EP, England (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Ranked #725 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Keighley, United Kingdom
“Functional”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed here for one night because we were catching an early Eurostar train. We had Suite 2 which is just by reception. The room was clean and functional with a small entrance space with a fridge, microwave and plates and cutlery. Nothing special about it except for the vicinity of St Pancreas Station, but it was quiet enough and we slept well.

The breakfast room was being decorated so we had to ring reception and were given a paper bag that contained a dry croissant, a tasteless Danish pastry, a pint of milk, an apple box drink. There was packets of cheese in our fridge and packets of cereal and tea and coffee available. I was disappointed not to have a cooked breakfast to start our long journey to Europe.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn and Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

I’m pleased to read that you have had a fine time here with us at Comfort Inn & Suites Kings Cross St Pancras.

We were in the process of some upgrades at the time of your visit due to which the breakfast was served in the rooms. On common days, the complimentary continental buffet breakfast is severed in the breakfast room with selection of cold/hot beverages, cereals, muesli, freshly baked croissants, boiled eggs, fruit yogurt, fruit segments, cheese, toast, jam & butter. We do not serve cooked breakfast and all of this information is available on our website.

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your recent experience. I’m glad we were able to contribute to your beauty sleep, after all a good night’s sleep is an integral part of the whole picture.

I have passed your comments on to the relevant departments… can’t wait to have you back soon!

Abida.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
  • Greek first
Lelystad, The Netherlands
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed here for one night. Nice people at the reception but hotel itself. Wont do it again.

Lot of noise (bad isolation).. bed was terrible and shower was partlybroken (bad smell). Breakfast was kinda boring. Not a lot to choose from.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn and Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We take our guests opinions very seriously. I am sorry you did not get a chance to see the real ‘Us’. We’ve sent you a private message further enquiring the room number and the arrival date to find out what exactly went wrong. We’ll keep in contact via TripAdvisor messaging service.

Please accept our apologies for the inconveniences you faced.
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I had to think back a long way to recall a worse night in a hotel room. Finally, I remembered a horrendous motel in Montauk, Long Island, 1987. Though to be fair, I didn’t spend the night there. After a look at the room, I left and stayed elsewhere. Last evening I arrived late and didn’t have that option.

Before arrival I discovered the hotel’s address appears incorrectly in Google. The manager of a hotel a few blocks away, where Google indicated the Comfort Inn was located was very helpful, but conceded he couldn’t get the map to work either. When I called the Comfort Inn, the night clerk was patient but did not seem to have heard of Argyle Square, a block from the hotel.

On arrival, I discovered my suite was in the basement. It was comprised of two rooms with three beds and a crumbling though new kitchenette (thus the moniker "suite"). A previous guest generously left a gummy bear of some sort in a bag in the cabinet. I expect it’s still there. The door between the two rooms had settled on its hinges and was impossible to shut completely. The front window, opening into a grubby grease-stained shaft below the pavement was wide open when I arrived. With no security at all, I could have just as easily arrived through that window as the insects had already done. The room was filled with small bugs of all descriptions. I closed the window, left the kitchenette lights on to divert the swarm and slept in the other room. Slept? Well. Paper thin walls. Common toilet and hotel kitchen outside my door, so maybe two hours at a time. I walked into the other room this morning (the bathroom was in there). The air was unbreathable. There was so much damp in the room, it had filled overnight with an epic mould bloom. I suddenly understood why they'd left the window open. I am still feeling the flu-like effects of having to take a shower in there. On a side note, this is the first hotel room I’ve seen in Europe where the kettle set-up includes generic tea ("Tea Bag, A Blend of Luxury Teas"). Breakfast didn't start until 7am. I had to check out to catch a train before that time. No room service or other options so no breakfast. Still, divide the £60 price between three gap year backpackers, chuck in a case or two of cheap lager and... Actually, no. With that amount of damp no one could possibly sleep in the second room.

Room Tip: There aren't any...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn and Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras, responded to this review, April 8, 2014
Dear Anistatia,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on TripAdvisor.

We note with much regret your recent unpleasant experience in London. All these days we were trying to trace your booking. We also sent you a private message in order to investigate into this matter. We were actually in a confused state after reading your feedback as none of our rooms are in such worst condition and the hotel information on Google Plus also appears to be correct. The housekeeping and the hotel manager double-check the rooms on daily basis before checking in the guests.

There were no problems reported by the housekeeping team or a guest to the management team during the dates you’ve mentioned in your private message. Guest satisfaction is utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to provide comfortable, clean accommodation and a friendly service.

We’re very sorry that you feel this way and if you did ever change your mind please feel free to contact us. We’ll do our utmost to hopefully change your opinion of us.

Warrington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Great clean hotel and rooms but in desperate need of soundproofing.
Very appreciative of the staff putting some breakfast out for us before normal breakfast service.
We were staying 1 night prior to a very early start next day, great location for st pancras/Eurostar but the street noise all night was dreadful, yes I know, it's central London, but would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Can't help here, we were on st chads side and still very noisy
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
AbidaA_12, Social Media Coordinator at Comfort Inn and Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

Going an extra mile is our motto and I’m glad the dedicated team members exceeded your expectations.

It seems you visited us in the Valentine’s Day period. People do like to celebrate a lot in the surrounding area as there is a wide range of bars and clubs. But usually things remain in control. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Newcastle upon Tyne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Hotels in London are expensive, especially when you are looking for more than 2 people, so when I found a room for 4 adults, in London, right next to Kings Cross station for just over £100 a night I thought this was too good to be true.

The website advertised a double and 2 single beds, my friends anticipated a sofa bed, but when we got there we were all pleasantly surprised, as it was as advertised! The double bed was in a separate room and the singles had the en suite and kitchen facilities (standard crockery, fridge and microwave), but both rooms had TVs, although one didn't have any batteries in the remote!
Excellent location, just a 2 minute walk from Kings Cross station which will get you anywhere you need to be in London.
Rooms were clean and tidy, staff were friendly. Breakfast was standard continental, fruits, pastries, toast.
Was really pleased with this, it made my birthday extra special!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

A very happy belated birthday! I’m glad we were able to make your birthday extra special.

Thank you for putting up an amazing review. It feels good to know the hotel features suited your needs. It is our goal to provide comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price to all our guests. The surrounding area has also a wide range of restaurants, cafes and bars which is a bonus for guests staying with us.

So you now know whom to contact on your next visit to London. We’ll look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Boston, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed at this hotel a couple of weeks ago with my Husband for my birthday via a Superbreak Deal. The hotel was clean but I was very disappointed with the size of the room we were given and the fact that there was no bath in the bathroom, just a walk-in shower. Like a previous reviewer has said there was hardly any room for your bags etc and why there was a huge office style chair in front of the dressing table puzzles me, much better if it had been a small style stool!
However, having said all that the location was so good for access to Kings Cross station & tube. Breakfast was good and the staff were friendly. We had a nice break, saw some sights but the best part was the show "Jersey Boys" I recommend it. Would I stay here again, no I don't think so would probably upgrade to a better class hotel.

Room Tip: If you require a bathroom with a bath you will have to ask for one.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor.

Happy Belated Birthday!! May you have many many more to come…
If we've known the purpose of your visit we would’ve wished you in person or perhaps surprise you. Believe me, we really enjoy pampering our guests.

Thank you for the compliments regarding the location, breakfast and the Comfort Inn & Suites Team. I’m glad you found us helpful and the central location suited your needs.

Thank you for your suggestions and observations, we’ll continue making improvements.

Jerusalem, Israel
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Within walking distance (even with wheeled luggage) of Kings Cross station. The room I stayed in was small (barely enough room for the double bed and my bags). But you do get free internet (if you are a member of the Choice Privileges frequent guest program), a bonus by UK standards where you are usually required to pay for access.

Meets the rather low UK definition of adequate and is, at least, reasonably priced for such a central location.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I’m glad you overall had a good experience staying with us.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Please do not hesitate to contact us for your future bookings. We’ll look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind regards,
Abida.

Been to Comfort Inn and Suites King's Cross / St. Pancras? Share your experiences!