My wife and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Earls Court from September 24 to 26, 2012. We booked on Hotwire and got a rate of $90 CDN per night, which for London is a bargain. Hotwire advises of the name of the hotel after booking and we were disappointed when we read the reviews. We were concerned about location and safety as well as noise from the road. After booking, we emailed the hotel to advise of our booking and to request a room in the new area (I highly advise it) and to request 1 double bed (Hotwire does not allow the making of that selection). We were very impressed by the quick reply from Elwira Topolska Reservation Co-Ordinator. She was grateful to have the opportunity to know that we required a double bed (rather than try to guess and have the wrong type of bed when we arrived) and was happy to grant our request to be placed in the new area. Emailing ahead when booking a hotel through a third party is generally an excellent idea and we have had great luck doing so.
When we arrived, we were cheerfully greeted by Agne, a smiley and friendly front desk attendant who provided us with access codes for wi-fi in the room even though that is normally an extra charge. The room was in the new section (you have to walk outside for 10 steps as it is in a separate, new building controlled by key lock access. The room was a nice surprise, clean, comfortable, and very spacious. Everything worked as it should. I do not recall having seen pictures of the new rooms on the website but they are quite modern.
We found the area to be very safe. Although it is not the type of area where you would casually walk around in the evening, there are some restaurants and pubs in the area. Mostly we went to conventional tourist areas and returned, often late in the evening by tube and walked to the hotel (about 12 minutes). Never did we feel threatened or even apprehensive about our safety. The 2 tube stations near by are equally distant from the hotel.
The breakfast, while not gourmet, was what we expected with sausage, eggs, fruit, ceral, bread, etc. Plenty to fill one up until lunch and beyond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Free Wifi & Inclusive Hot Breakfast, Simple - Smart - Spot on!Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express London - Earl's Court Hotel, the ideal location for business and leisure travellers visiting London. By Holiday Inn Express - London Earl's Court Hotel is located outside the Congestion Zone and within easy access to M4/A4, Heathrow Airport, M25 and Central London. In addition, The Holiday Inn Express -London Earl s Court Hotel is only a few minutes walk away from Earl's Court & Olympia Exhibition Centres, Chelsea Football Stadium, Fulham Football Stadium, Queens Tennis Club. Harrods, Kensington Palace, Gatwick Airport & everything the City of London has to offer; is only a short tube/train ride away. West Kensington & West Brompton Tube/train Stations are within easy walking distance from The Holiday Inn Express London Earl s Court; ensuring convenient travel to your desired destinations. The Holiday Inn Express - London Earl's Court Hotel boasts of 150 contemporary style, air-conditioned, en-suite bedrooms each with Free high speed internet access on Wi-Fi, offering guests a comfortable and connected stay. After a great night s sleep, wake up with a refreshing Power Shower Experience and then enjoy our inclusive Hot buffet breakfast before embarking on your day. All this coupled with Conference facilities for up to 12 people why stay anywhere else? Our Staff and Management look forward to welcoming you soon to the Holiday Inn Express - London Earl's Court Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, LondonMarketing.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Earls Court reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Earls Court Hotel London
- Holiday Inn London
- Express Holiday Inn Earls Court
- Holiday Inn Express London
- Holiday Inn Express Earls Court London, England