“A comfortable and convenient hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wesley

You added The Wesley to your Saves list
The Wesley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 - 103 Euston Street | Camden, London NW1 2EZ, England (Formerly MIC - Hotel and Conference Center) (Regent's Park / Kings Cross)   |
Ranked #535 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Kent, United Kingdom
“A comfortable and convenient hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

The location is convenient. I had previously visited to take part in a course which was held there when it was the Methodist International Centre. I rememembered that on that occasion we had had a great lunch there. I had read about The Wesley being the UK's first ethical hotel and was eager to stay there.
The location is very convenient for both Euston Station and Euston Square Underground stations.
I was very impressed with the hotel room. Very clean, with the most comfortable bed I have ever found in a hotel room. The tea, coffee, hot chocolate and biscuits in the room are very good. The shower and toiletries provided are also good. The televison reception was excellent and the wifi very fast. The radio and alarm did not work in my room and neither did the desk lamp but this is only a minor complaint.
Breakfast was excellent, probably the best hotel breakfast I have had in the UK. It offers great choice, something for everyone.
Good customer service.
In a Central London location you cannot expect great views but I was on the first floor at the back and it was really quite quiet.
I hope to stay at The Wesley again soon.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Very nice hotel in central London, near the Euston station, very ideal location if you are business or holiday in Central London! lot of attractions near by! lots of restaurants near by! specially Indian.
Staff was very professional and helpful, To name Mr. Erick! Thank you for all the support given, in printing out my presentation, and assistance. Try it! It is just I found a little bit expensive, but it gets settled against the service you get. Even the food in the restaurant was excellent. The breakfast was same everyday with few choices.
Over all Excellent keep it up!

Room Tip: All the rooms are good, not really different than each other.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Maidstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Discreetly positioned a stones throw from Euston, in a quite side street, the recently/currently being refurbed hotel was a great find. I actually got a better rate by going direct than through a comparison site. Having read other reviews, we went for a slightly larger superior rooms. Booking was simple, everything was confirmed by email, and the late check in was no problem. The reception staff were extreemly helpful and despite some painting work going on, the hotel was clean, tidy with a funky edge. Our room was slightly oddly positioned between the lift and a corridor but was a great size with a large bathroom and a contemporary suite. The room was quite warm and you have to contact reception to change the temperature - there is NO view from the window but least it let some air in. Room contained all the mod cons you need and the bed was large and comfy. The receptionist made an error with my payment transaction but noticed the mistake immediately, called me back and rectified it straight away. If I needed a good value, central location hotel again I would definately consider this one.

Room Tip: Pick a superior room or above, and check out room rates on their website
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Location is great as my office is at Euston, within walking distance, and closeby to restaurants/ cafes. It is very small and close to the next building, from my window, I can see the people working in their offices. Weird. Bathroom is also tiny, and when you stand in the shower with the door closed, you could possibly only face one direction. Heater works but it got too warm and I turned it off. The walls are really thin so you hesr everything along the lobby. Reception staff are friendly and helpful, so that made up for the tiny space. Also the cookies and tea in the room is a good addition. I will not recommend staying there for leisure travellers, and not more than 2 nights.

Room Tip: Not the one faceing the offices behind and low floor as the lift is hopelessly slow.
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback, I am sorry to know that you have had a bit of mixed experience whilst you were here, please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. Due to our location we have a high number of both, business and leisure guests and generally our guests leave with a smile. It would be great if you can give us another chance to serve you and I am sure we can change your perception about The Wesley, whenever you are looking to come back, just write to us an email for the attention of Faraz who is the deputy manager, I am sure he would allocate you a room as per your needs.

Once again thank you for the feedback and it would be great to have you back.

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The mark of great service isn't what happens when all goes well, but more how things are handled when things go awry. I arrived around 9:30pm to discover there had been a reservation incident, and somehow my 2 night booking had been moved back by 1 day and there were no rooms available. Immediately both members of staff started searching for alternative accommodation for me, found something in my budget, and phoned up to make sure the room would be held whilst I walked down. When I returned the following day for my meeting at 8:30am, the new staff on reception knew about what had happened, arranged with housekeeping for an upgraded room to be made available immediately so I could drop my things, and provided breakfast.
The double room was lovely and very modern. Not large but big enough and I agree with the other comments about breakfast. It was one of the best I've had.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I am really thankful to you for taking some time out to write this brilliant review, I am extremely delighted to know that your case was dealt in the most professional manner by all the staff members involved and as a result we turned a bad experience into a good experience. I will definitely pass your comments to all the staff involved and will also share this feedback in the next staff meeting.

Once again thank you for writing this positive review and we look forward to seeing you soon.

liverpool uk
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The Wesley hotel, the former Methodist International Centre is a lovely place to stay.

The staff a so very helpful, clearly seem to be very happy in their jobs. The quality of the rooms are very good, all re modernised to a high standard, free wifi and quiet.

A very important factor for me is that you feel very safe there, we excellent reception desk staff.

It is very well prices for central London and literally 2-3 mins walk from Euston.

Room Tip: the 3rd floor is the best I think. there is a lift!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for posting this review, I am happy to know that you enjoy staying at The Wesley and that you have found our staff to be exceptional. I will definitely share your comments with the whole team here at The Wesley.

Once again thank you for the positive review and we look forward to welcoming you back in near future.

Flintshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

we booked through booking.com and a lovely welcome from the staff was offered with effortless check in ,and only a minute from euston station. well recommended,rooms very clean and tidy and modern,and a very fulfilling breafast as well.as we only had a one night stay booked another one would have been good.only down side the bar closes at 11pm

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for such a great feedback, I am pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. As for the bar timings, we are ideally located walking distance away from some of the best bars in London and so the demand at the hotel at the night time is almost negligible, we would definitely rethink about the bar timings should the demand increase in the long run.

Thank you once again and we look forward to your return in near future.

John Nyota

Been to The Wesley? Share your experiences!