“Lovely room, convenient, efficient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Wesley

You added The Wesley to your Saves list
The Wesley
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   81 - 103 Euston Street | Camden, London NW1 2EZ, England (Formerly MIC - Hotel and Conference Center) (Camden / Primrose Hill)   |
Ranked #547 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Cockermouth, United Kingdom
“Lovely room, convenient, efficient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Service was efficient and friendly. Although the hallways etc made me feel like I was in student halls again (and I got lost in a random corridor!), the room was great; more spacious than I'd imagined and well laid out. The small free standing mirror by the windows (which actually opened - relief!) was a nice touch. For me, being close to Euston Station was fantastic and although that can be a busy, noisy area the hotel was nicely tucked away. I forgot my phone charger but the housekeeping staff were very quick to deal with this. I was worried about spending so much, but compared to other hotels I felt like it was worth it in the end.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Stayed at TheWesley for 4D5N and thought it was a bit steep for being too far from Central London, but found it to be extremely convenient to travel from. Euston Rd stn is a 2 min walking distance and the buses are right from the main road. Livelier spots like Camden is a 10 min bus drive. The service was excellent including the breakfast, the rooms were a bit small but always very well kept and tidy.
The food is limited in choice and the staff was extremely sweet

Room Tip: Pick a lower floor room as when i visited the lifts did not work. wake up early for breakfast, it ru...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

The customer service was absolutely fantastic. One of the best service I have received in a long time. I booked a room which I was not really pleased with and spoke to a lady whom I later learnt was in charge of the front desk who upgraded me to a bigger and much better room. Really enjoyed my stay at the hotel.

• Stayed May 2014
Auckland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed at the Wesley for 4 nights. It was rather pricey, but by London standards, is what you would expect to pay.
Although the room was reasonably small, the bed was super comfy and bathroom modern.
Dined in the restaurant twice for dinner and the food was absolutely beautiful - don't let this Chef go !
As others have commented, it is right next to Euston Square Station and only a couple of minutes walk to Warren Street station.
Also only a 5-10 minute walk to the beautiful Regents Park, and about a 15 min walk down Tottenham Court Rd to Oxford Street.
My only gripe was the very unreliable wi-fi [altho free]

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Lund, Skåne Län, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We spent one night att this hotel and it was quite good. Comfortable beds but a small bathroom. The hotel is fairly old, although modernized. There are too many "push - and - pull - doors" and just one small elevator. We had a good eveningmeal in the restaurant. The breakfast was excellent. It is a pricey hotel, not really worth the money you pay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
AYR, SCOTLAND
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

My partner and myself arrived for check in and after a bit of a fiasco at the desk because reception assumed as we had different surnames we wanted two rooms instead of the double I had booked we eventually arrived in our allocated room 308. I took one look, about turned and headed back to reception. The room did not represent the refurbished, modern boutique style decor advertised on the hotel website but was in fact decorated (sometime ago) with plain white walls with paint flaking away at the ceiling. The bathroom was not a bathroom but a wet room which had been adapted to suit a disabled person including various handrails, lowered shower and flip up seat at shower area. This again did not represent the website image nor were either of us in need of these facilities.

I had booked my two night stay at this hotel through a discount website as many of us do now-a -days and had started to wonder as we had not booked through the hotel direct and paid the full rate then we were getting palmed off with a shoddy old room?

After complaining to reception we were allocated room 322. This room was decorated and furnished as expected and had modern bathroom facilities.

Good points: the bed was one if the most comfortable hotel beds I have slept in and we had two pillows each (I've stayed in lot if places where you only get one).
The location is fabulous. Exit euston station, take a right, walk a few hundred yards, cross the road and your there.
Complimentary bottles of water in room.

Breakfast was ok. Our booking only had the cold continental option included but we were offered to upgrade for £5 each. We declined as we were happy to choose from the selection of cereals, yogurt, pastries, cheese, meat and toast. Tea/coffee was also included.

The main reason I probably won't return is there were just little things that annoyed me. Including the initial room issues we did have to call someone to our room at 12:30am the first night as we could not get the air con unit to switch off/shut up. The hotel also boasts of its modern refurbished condition but this does not seem to apply to all rooms. The workmanship of bathroom tiles, carpets laid etc it doesn't look to be finished to that high a standard which I feel kind of let's the hotel down too.

• Stayed June 2014
Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Only 200m from Euston Station this smallish (100 beds it says) hotel is run by the Methodist Church as " an ethical social enterprise ". The room I had was clean very bright and modern. Good size bed, bathroom had walk in shower with alternative shower heads giving a normal shower or a "drench". Lift to all floors. Bar and restaurant in basement. Only had breakfast which was very goo, with eggs cooked to order, and the usual British brekfast combo, or a continental breakfast of smoked salmon, cheeses and meats. Got thumbs up from me and I would stay again. Not cheap, but in line with London prices at £220 for deluxe double.

Big plus was the pub across the road the Bree Louise, which had the biggest range of hand pull beers, cask ciders and lagers I have seen in a long time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to The Wesley? Share your experiences!