“"A Jewel in the Crown"” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jesmond Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jesmond Hotel
You added Jesmond Hotel to your Saves list
63 Gower Street, London WC1E 6HJ, England (Bloomsbury)   |
Ranked #48 of 532 London B&B and Inns
Adelaide, Australia
“"A Jewel in the Crown"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

of London's budget hotels. The staff are most welcoming and helpful, the breakfasts ( as noted elsewhere ) are enormous, and can set you up for the entire day, and the hotel is very clean and quiet. Other notable nearby locations are the Oasis swimming/gym centre ( which is ideal after a long haul flight ) and the wealth of WIFI "hot spots" in the locality, all of which ( and many good value restaurants ) can be freely "surfed" from the hotel's very accessible computer.
One of London's best kept secrets !!

Stayed January 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
nyc, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2011

I hestate to be so laudatory about the Jesmond Hotel as I would love to stay there again and again and am afraid I'll never get my room back. Maria, Alice, Bek, Glyn and his mom are so accommodating. I have stayed there before and was so sad when it wasn't available in 2009 . My lovely room was my "nest". I felt safe and happy and without worry! Breakfast - (my choice) bacon, egg and toast with silver shred marmalade. YUMMMM (Glyn really knows how to make scrambled eggs) Every day I came back to an immaculate room. Everything is so clean - I bet Glyns mom decorated - beautifully - and it really felt like home (but much cleaner and fresh), I can't wait to go back!!! I have been going to Lodon for many years now and mainly stayed with friends - I like the Jesmond so much better.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo

friendly staff

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2011

We stayed at the Jesmond Hotel for a few nights before hopping on the Eurostar train to Paris. We were very satisfied with our stay and highly recommend the hotel. The hotel staff was very nice and courteous, especially Glyn. We had football tickets sent to the hotel, and the hotel staff had no issues accepting and signing on our behalf. The breakfast was also very good. Perfect location within a short walking distance to the tube stations and restaurants/ pubs. The hotel is also really close to the St. Pancras Station, terminal for the Eurostar railway. The rooms were very cozy and very warm (good sleeping conditions). We will definitely stay there again next time we come back to London.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
mayo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2010

i had the plesure of staying in the jesmond for a night in november which was very cold outside but the hotel was lovely and warm and cosy. the staff that work there are very friendly and helpful with anything one needs and i have to mention the breakfast which was lovely.iwill defintly stay there on my return to london.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2010

Great location - one block away from Goodge St tube station and all the shops of the Tottenham Court Rd, only a few blocks away from the British Museum, I was able to walk to lots of great neighborhoods in just a few minutes. Comfortable hotel - I didn't notice the noise from Gower St much at all, but it was winter and my windows were closed. My room was a single, room and bed seemed very clean. The WC and shower were in the hall - they were always clean and almost never busy. Also there was a sink and mirror in the room, which was really convenient since it wasn't an en-suite room. My last night there the room above me was occupied, their floor was a little creaky but not too bad. The guy at the reception desk when I checked in offered to help me carry my suitcase up the stairs. Computer in the dining room to access the internet. Very welcoming hosts - very nice breakfast included in the room rate that kept me full into the afternoon, and the owner made a point to ask me where I was from, how long I would I be staying, whether I needed any help or directions, or advice about what to see. He said either he or his mother would be always available for questions while I was there. Nice place - I'll stay here again when I go to London.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Cambridge, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Great location, lovely breakfast and very clean. Stayed at the jesmond for a weekend with my sisters, we all found this hotel value for money. We thought it was in a really great location, we all sleep very well as the beds are really comfortable and breakfast was nice. The staff were polite and helpful. Wouldn't think twice about staying here again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Jesmond Hotel? Share your experiences!