“Great budget hotel in London” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Jesmond Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Jesmond Hotel
You added Jesmond Hotel to your Saves list
63 Gower Street, London WC1E 6HJ, England (Bloomsbury / Holborn)   |
Ranked #53 of 535 London B&B and Inns
Austin, Tx
“Great budget hotel in London”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2010

I have stayed here 4 times and it is always my first choice when visiting London. It is definitely a budget hotel but makes no claims to be anthing else. I have always found the owners and employees helpful and pleasant, and for a budget hotel the value is excellent. Great breakfasts, small but adequate bathrooms (I don't spend a lot of time in the bathroom, so small is OK), excellent location (there is street noise, but if you have the convenience of bus stops across the street, you will have bus noise on the street), helpful staff, affordable.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Hanson, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2010

I enjoyed my stay at the Jesmond very much. I was there from March 20th to the 29th. I went to London to visit my grand daughter who is attending UCL this semester. We had 9 days of sightseeing along with enjoying each other's company. The hotel was every thing that I expected. It was small but comfortable. Clean and quiet. The rates are reasonable compared to what I was finding online. The breakfast was delicious. There were choices that could be made and there was plenty to eat. The staff was pleasant and helpful. The front door was locked at all times and each guest has a key so the feeling of security was there as well. The internet was easily accessible and the other guests there at the time were considerate of each other's use of it. Being alone, RM 3 was small but clean and sufficient for my needs. The large window in the room overlooks the garden. I would recommend it to anyone and should I return to England I will stay there again.
My name is Fran J. from Boston MA, USA

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

Okay...so - due to work commitments, l have been staying at the Jesmond hotel for 3-4nights per week for the last 5months (2009 / 2010). I found that the hotel was great value for money, clean and pleasant warm rooms, clean sheets, clean shower and toilet / shower facilities, fantastic breakfasts, friendly staff and a really easy walk into Soho and surrounding areas..

I would highly recommend the Jesmond Hotel to travelers, business people or families simply visiting London. My colleagues stayed at the hotel and also my girlfriend, the staff always made you feel welcome and were completely flexible on room arrangements...just really helpful a all times! I stayed at local hotels and B&Bs in the area and they were nothing like their websites, so watch-out for this, l have had dirty sheets, bed bugs - you name-it...so it was always a pleasure to get back to the Jesmond hotel for a goodnights sleep...

Enjoy your stay!

Cheers
Danny.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

We had an excellent experience here! Very much recommend. The managers were very helpful, the rooms were comfortable, and the full breakfast was fantastic. I've stayed a few places in London, and this is the best (for us) for location, the quality of the hotel at that price, and the friendliness. We were coming from the U.S. and the Jesmond was a nice base for us. It's a couple of minutes walk from Euston Sq and Goodge St stations, and we also found it useful to be close to the British Museum, Brit. Library, and some Uni of London things; Bloomsbury is a pleasant part of London. And I have to mention that great breakfast again!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Sarajevo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2010

Jesmond is a quiet and clean little hotel, conveniently located near tube and bus stop. Staff are very kind, and rooms are clean, which to me, is most important of all. Although I was by myself, I stayed in a double room, which is, in my opinion, a better solution than the single rooms. Also, if you are staying more than one night, as I did, rather opt for a room w an ensuite bathroom. In short, if you are after a quiet, clean and conveniently located, and can live without room service, restaurant and elevator, I d recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
Knoxville, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2010

Family of 5 with 3 girls. We needed room for 5 and our own bathroom. The Jesmond was a perfect fit. Yes, it is on a busy street and we were at the street level on the front. However, they have 2 sets of windows that really blocks out most noise. The breakfast was very good and would hold us over until mid afternoon. It is only a 5 minute walk to the British Museum. We saw the "Lion King" and walked back in 20 minutes. (there was a big crowd trying to get on the tube.) There are a number of restaurants within a 10 minute walk. The bathroom worked out fine. (I think the only big bathrooms in London are in Buckingham Palace.) The owners are very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2010

This is basic accommodation: small room, no lift, and a window facing a busy street (though I the room was certainly not noisy). But the location is absolutely excellent, the room is clean and well maintained, and the breakfast satisfactory. There's also a computer with free Internet access in the dinning room. For this price, I doubt that there are many similarly good-value offerings in London.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo

Been to Jesmond Hotel? Share your experiences!