You added Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences to your Saves list
Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   51 Buckingham Gate, London SW1E 6AF, England (Mayfair / St James's / Piccadilly / Green Park )   |
Special Price
Early Bird
Ranked #5 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Wrexham, United Kingdom
“The Best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This hotel deserves the accolades it has received. The accommodation, facilities and service are excellent. The location means that most major attractions are within walking distance. I have difficulty in judging value for money, not being used to such luxury. However if you can afford the best, considering it is about twice the price of 'ordinary' hotels in Central London, this is good value.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Holmfirth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

From the moment of arrival to the time you leave, the service at this hotel is out of the world.

There is literally nothing to criticise and everything to applaud.

The size and standard of the rooms is wonderful. The free canapes and drinks early evening are a pleasant surprise.

I won't hesitate to make this hotel my first choice on future London trips

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough about this hotel and the staff. It is gorgeous and truly 5* quality. The service was outstanding and they were excellent with our kids (ages 4 and 8). They upgraded us upon arrival and made the boys (and me and my husband) feel special from the time we arrived. They provided special gift bags for the kids (which they are still using and carrying around), the movies with drinks and popcorn was also a nice touch, and the breakfast was phenomenal. They very much exceeded my expectations and I highly recommend! It is worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I stayed with my family and the staff at 51 Buckingham Gate were superb and attentive throughout.
We have five year old daughters and informed staff before we arrived, and they laid out mini dressing gowns, slippers and Hamleys gift bags for the girls. My wife got some time in the spa while we occupied ourselves with the toys in the gift bag. It's a shoes throw from Buckingham Palace ad the staff are the most courteous I have ever experienced. I travel for work around 20 times a year and have stayed in some of the best hotels in the world. This was the best, most accommodating experience of staff I've had, especially as we were a young family.

Without a doubt the best family hotel in London. We didn't want to leave!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Scarsdale, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I frequently use TripAdvisor when planning vacations but have never written a review. I am moved to post my first because everything other reviewers have said about the service at 51 Buckingham Gate is true!

Starting with the booking process, the staff was beyond accommodating of every request, and even anticipated some of our needs. We were traveling with our two sons (ages 8 and 10) and instead of the two rooms we had reserved, they upgraded us to a spacious two bedroom suite -- huge by any standard, but particularly for central London. We were not in one of the refurbished sections of the hotel, so the rooms were somewhat worn, but they were very comfortable and the technology and appointments were all first-class (except possibly the clothes washer/dryer, which did not appear to do either). All our interactions with the staff were friendly, welcoming and courteous. Of course, the location is unbeatable if you're interested in A-list tourist attractions such as Buckingham Palace, St. James Park and Westminster Abbey, as all are walking distance, and several underground stations are equally close.

A final note: we asked the concierge for a dinner recommendation one evening and the restaurant he sent us to (Orange Public House on Pimlico Road) was the best meal we had on our whole trip.

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the semi sweet room for 6days with my family. Room was very large and clean, service by stuff(including.room service ) were wonderful. I felt I were at home. I would like to stay at this residence on this Sept.

• Stayed April 2013
San Salvador
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I just returned from spending 3 nights at this amazing property and I can honestly say it is the best hotel I have ever stayed.
The location is perfect one block away from Buckingham palace.
The hotel shares the installation with the Crown Plaza but they couldnt have been more different.
The service is unparallel. The rooms are more like apartments with a seperate living room and full kitchen.
I wish I could have stayed longer. Will definetely return

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences? Share your experiences!