We'd arranged to stay at the Crowne Plaza where we've stayed quite a few times now - we like the location and the ambience of the plave - nice un-stuffy place to chill out and relax. On checking in, the receptionist announced that we had been upgraded to a suite at 51 Buckingham Gate (which is right next door to the Crown Plaza, overlooking the central courtyard) – very nice!
Very pleasant young lady showed the way up to the suite which was pretty much a fully equipped one bedroom apartment – very impressive (I wished that we’d arranged to stay for the whole weekend rather than for just one night).
After an evening out (Jools Holland at the Royal Albert Hall) we returned to the busy foyer at the Crowne Plaza for a late night snack and drinks – food served very promptly and very nice (service was attentive without being overbearing). Nice way to relax and round off the evening.
Returning to the suite it had everything we could possibly require and more including three (!) televisions - huge bathroom with a big bath tub and separate walk in shower - very comfortable bed and slept really well (although the Johnny walker from the mini-bar probably helped a little with that). It was nice to be able to make tea in the morning using a proper tea pot.
Breakfast in the Bistro next morning was a busy affair (we somehow contrived to arrive at peak time) – the staff were rushed off their feet but coped really well with the demand for tables and in restocking the impressive hot and cold breakfast buffet.
Special mention to the staff at the hotel – the front desk, the waiters in the bar and in the bistro, the concierge and the staff attending the rooms – very personable, always a smile and a friendly greeting and always willing to help – this for us is what makes 51 Buckingham Gate and the Crowne Plaza really stand out.
A lovely stay and all too brief – we’ll be back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences offers authentic luxury experiences in a bespoke and personalised environment a gemstone's throw from Buckingham Palace. It comprises three Victorian townhouses - Kings, Minsters and Falconers, each distinctly designed and beautifully restored to their iconic heritage. The 85 luxurious suites and residences with butler service offer the space and exclusivity of a private home each with their own separate kitchen and living area. Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reflects the universally acclaimed warmth and personalised service that the Taj is recognised for as one of the finest in the world. Treading the path from tradition to tomorrow, Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences redefines the meaning of luxury, creating a distinctive, customised and exclusive Taj experience. Make the most of complimentary wi-fi, the premier Golden Keys Concierge service, tailored treatments at the Wellness Centre and a host of on-site dining options including Quilon, the signature Michelin star Indian South West coastal cuisine restaurant and Kona, showcasing the colours, flavours and vibrancy of contemporary Europe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, LondonMarketing.com, Hotel.de, Odigeo, Otel, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites and Residences reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 51 Buckingham Gate, Taj Suites And Residences Hotel London
- Taj 51 Buckingham Gate Suites And Residences London, England