Had a very good stay at this property last year in July 2011 for 13 nights. It would have been perfect expect for the apartment above. (We were up on the 3rd floor, I think). The extended family (must have been as they had numerous small children) were trialling their young children for the Olympics - I'm sure!! The night that they arrived - the noise was unbearable. Running, jumping, furniture being scraped across floors. All this at 11pm - but went on till after mid-night even though I made 3 desperate calls to Reception. Started again before 6am in the morning!!!
I couldn't believe it. For 3 days this went on. I left messages on 2 days for the House Manager, Charmaine Hayes, to phone me. She didn't return my calls so I had to phone her back. (Not what one expects for a property of this calibre.) Even though the Reception staff were sympathetic and very polite every time I phoned in pure frustration -- it took 3 days before this family finally left. Not sure if they were asked to go, or if this was a short stay -- but I was very unhappy that we paid so much for this accommodation, only to be subjected to this over-the-top noise. (That family also through a garment out of their window. It caught in a pipe - blocked it and rain poured through our closed windows during a heavy shower!) The rest of the 10 day stay was perfect. Only comments are - be aware that the bed is a pull-down in-a-box bed. Comfortable enough - but not great. Ask for a separate hair dryer as the one attached to the cupboard is woeful & burns ones hand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There’s something uniquely seductive about Cheval Phoenix House. Nestled in the beating heart of Chelsea, our chic award-winning residence is on a mission to charm you – from the moment you set eyes on its beautifully restyled Victorian façade, to the instant you surrender to the smooth softness of its Italian linen. This is your exclusive gateway to the authentic Chelsea and Sloane Square philosophy of living. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Priceline, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Cheval Phoenix House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phoenix House Hotel London
- Aparthotel London
- Cheval Phoenix House London, England