“Very good” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ibis London City

You added Ibis London City to your Saves list
Ibis London City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   5 Commercial Street, London E1 6BF, England (East End / East London)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Up to 30% OFF THIS WINTER
Ranked #332 of 1,065 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersBronze level
A TripAdvisor Member
“Very good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Is a very good Hotel, every thing is clean and the service is very good. Some personal on reception speak spanish. If I come again to London i will go to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Terence B, General Manager at Ibis London City, responded to this review, November 2, 2012
Dear guest,

I appreciate your time writing a review about your stay at Ibis London City.
I am really happy to know that you have such a great stay and that our motivation to serve and help our guests made the difference.

I look forward to welcoming you back in your next trip.

Kind Regards
Rut martinez
Public Realtions

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
malmö
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Close to the tube. Nice place to take a late drink before sleep. To visit The Tower and other museums is easy and only few steps away. It´s nice that you can get twin - beds as choice. I find it fantastic that if you have visited one Ibis you feel as if you have visited them all - you feel at home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you for your time writing a review about Ibis London City.
I am delighted to read that you feel at home in our hotels, this review serves as a motivator for us to provide the best service to our guests since we want you to have the most enjoyable stay.

Thank you again and we hope we can welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards
Doha, Qatar
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

I would highly recommend staying at the Ibis London City, It's 20 steps away from the Aldgate East tube stop. The price is great if you need to be close to all of the sights and in a comfortable room.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for the positive review.
I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay and that the hotel was well located for the purpose of your visit.

All the Team looks forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

room was basic & small for oz standard. bathroom made of plastic but clean.
restuarant down stairs was terrible (the food)!
only 2 mintues walk to subway, very convenient to get around london! we took train from airport to hotel.
street was ok but nothing close by to eat!
service was good, we got bottle of sparkling wine on arrival as we told them it was our honeymoon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

Thank you for you reviews about your last stay at Ibis.
I am sorry that the restaurant offer was not to your liking.
I am happy to know that the hotel was convenient, and you generally enjoyed the stay.

It is our hope to welcome you back soon.

Kind Regards,
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We came to stay at Ibis London City after a nightmare stuff-up with our accomodation using another house trip website. Lucky for us there was a room available for 4 ngihts so we grabbed it while we could online.

Check in was smooth, frontdesk were polite and friendly.
Room was small, but had that funky bathroom pod with shower and bathroom cocooned in a white oval shaped "room" inside your room. Nice design I thought. View from window was over construction, and during day there was a bit of noise - but since we were only really there during the morning and evening it wasn't a huge issue.
We didn't use the breakfast, but the bar downstairs is quite sizeable and it's open until 2am most (or all) nights, so if you haven't already had a good pub experience it was nice to come back to a glass of wine, a beer or a cider.

Ibis London City is based near Aldgate East train station (also a short 400 metre walk to Aldgate station). They are serviced by the hammersmith and circle lines, during our stay (and because of the recent Olympics there was a lot of road works and railway work being done and the District and Circle lines were closed for a full weekend resulting in accessibility challenges).
However, generally speaking access to the sites is only a few stations away. St Pancras Station (if you're coming from/to Paris via Eurostar is not too far away). Access from Heathrow is either a cab, or you could take the Piccadilly line and change to get on the hammersmith or circle line. With luggage could be a pain, but Ibis London city is quite close to many attractions.

They don't have irons in the room, or access to it. Instead you have iron rooms on a few of the floors which you can visit and use free of charge. I think this is a really good idea, but in execution the Ibis London City has put in very cheap irons. It made ironing a bit of a challenge we tried 2 rooms I think on the 6th and 8th floors, maybe the other ironing rooms were better..I dont know? I don't think so though. If they bought some better quality irons, I reckon this is a top idea.

My only remaining issue with Ibis (in general) I'm constantly disappointed in their policy around internet in the hotel. They are serviced by Orange wifi which costs 9.90 for 24hr period, there are other options but that's the best value option. In my opinion bump up the room rates by a few bucks and make wifi free for people. It would make the experience so much better because then you feel relaxed about looking up where to visit, what tours to go on, what pubs to visit.. etc. I just think it would be a nice touch if Ibis revised their global policy on internet access in their chain. This is the only reason why I give Value a score of 3, instead of 4.

Other than this, I really liked the hotel and tried to book a 5th night unfortunately it was booked out. A good solid budget option, with clean rooms in my opinion and I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear guest,

I would like to thank you for your time writing the review about your stay.
I am happy that the service we provided was generally up to your expectations. Regarding the ironing rooms, we are addressing, it is our interest to improve the facilities we offer. Also, we are continuously addressing the internet suggestions, and we are already working on improving it.

Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you in your next trip to London.

Best Regards,
Public Relations

Been to Ibis London City? Share your experiences!