“Best roast ever!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Brewers Inn

You added Brewers Inn to your Saves list
Brewers Inn
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   147 East Hill | Wandsworth, London SW18 2QB, England (Clapham / Battersea )   |
Ranked #372 of 1,066 Hotels in London
Salisbury, United Kingdom
“Best roast ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very helpful and friendly staff, great breakfast and the best roast we've had outside of home. Recommend the mixed roast. Very chilled atmosphere and good quality rooms. Will definitely return to The Brewers Inn the next time we're in London.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

Have stayed at the Brewers Inn many times over the past few years. This was not the best.
Generally OK all round, but still a few areas could be improved
In spite of a recent refurbishment our most recent stay in room 9 was not perfect.
No towel rail in bathroom !!
Poor lighting over mirrors for ladies !!
Additionally Key card system was malfunctioning & took several attempts to rectify while I stayed locked out of my room !!
One of the bar staff had a problem with trousers hanging down ( fashion ? ) but looked really stupid
There did not appear to be anyone in overall charge of the establishment....disappointing.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Derby
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Stayed for 3 days in August 2013 and would consider staying again. However, I would also see what other options are available in the area. Price of £200 for 3 nights bed and breakfast including a "summer" discount from the Young's website made the cost reasonable.

The staff were all friendly and helpful.

Room was at the back of the hotel and I wasn't disturbed by road noise. However, the bed/mattress needs attention as every movement lead to "spring noises". This, together with the heat of the room, meant I didn't sleep as well as I hoped, There is an air conditioner in the room but this wasn't quiet so it was a choice of "noisy but cool" v "quiet but hot".

The breakfast was okay. Good choice of full English or kipper fillet or smoked salmon together with juices, cereals, pastries. No complaints and nice breakfast room with papers to read at weekends.

I didn't eat in the pub but had a couple of drinks. The pub was surprisingly empty for a Friday night and I found the drink prices steep but later found other pubs in the area charge similar.

Lots of positives about the hotel with very few negatives. I think it can be summarised as most things are "good enough" without being exceptional. At the price this is perhaps all that can be expected.

Certainly not somewhere I would rush back to for the quality of the hotel experience but would be happy to stay again at the right price if visiting the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Petersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

If I am honest I was expecting the usual half "baked" rip off which you get in many places but from the moment we stepped through the door I was impressed.

Checking in was easy and they made sure which cards we would be authorising and paying on so we didn't have the issue one of the other reviewers had, 10/10 for responding to customer feedback.

The room was nicely furnished, clean and well equipped. We were going to eat out but after a long day couldn't be bothered. There is a reasonable menu and the food was delivered to the table hot and well cooked, something many places fail to achieve.

My only criticism is the road noise was high, not something they can change, but when I mentioned this at checkout I was told they are replacing the windows which should make a big difference.

Would I return, definitely.

Room Tip: Try to get one off the front
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

we chose this hotel for the location we were attending a christening in London.

The staff were all friendly and very helpful good food in the restaurant and a wonderful breakfast.they said they had no parking but when we arrived the disabled bay was free and we asked to use that, no problem. The rooms were very roomy ,decent size tv although we usually only want the news its nice to be able to see it clearly in bed.

Clean bathroom with the usual toiletries.

Room Tip: higher up you dont hear any noise
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

We chose this hotel for its location as it was very close to the venue of a hen party we were attending. The room was lovely and great value for the size. However the main issue with this hotel is that they require you to provide details of debit/credit card to pre-authorise your stay. This is standard in most hotels and is there to ensure that if you do a runner, the hotel doesn't lose any money. So I was happy to do this and when we came to checking out, my friend and I split the bill - I paid by cash, she paid on another card. I was told that the amount would be put back on my account straight away. Six days later, I am still waiting for the amount to be put back on my card. I've sent an email (no response) and this has put me off staying at this hotel again. I should point out that this is the fault of the hotel as they didn't bother to let my bank know that the charge wasn't required. But the lack of a response from them has prompted me to write this review.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
St Helens, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

Travelled from liverpool to my mates 40 th at a local bar near by, just stayed for one night but the welcome was great and because I was leaving very early in the morning to catch the train back, they left me some breakfast so I didn't go hungry on the journey home. Very reasonably priced and my room was clean and spacious. Will be visiting again when in London, very easy to get to from euston.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Been to Brewers Inn? Share your experiences!