“Nice and clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of easyHotel London South Kensington

We can't find prices for this accommodation
easyHotel London South Kensington
You added easyHotel London South Kensington to your Saves list
14 Lexham Gardens | Kensington, London W8 5JE, England (South Kensington)   |
Ranked #266 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
“Nice and clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Very small rooms, but we knew that when we booked. No large room necessary, only there when we slept. Located near Gloucester road, easy access to the Tube. Everything nearby. When you don't want to spend too much money on your hotel, but want a good location and nice clean rooms, I can recommand this!

Kylie K, Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this review, November 27, 2012

Email:Enquiries@southken.easyhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Plymouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here on the 20-10-2012 after taking part in the anti austerity march held then arrived at 19.00hrs, check in was fast friendly and completed with the minimum of fuss.

Room tiny but expected bed comfy and clean, bathroom pod tiny but contained everything thats needed and is well thought out compared to some other hotels I have stayed in.

The location is in a quiet side road not far from Gloucester Road tube station a Sainsburys supermarket virtually next door for food slightly further on a couple of Italian restaurants also within walking distance to the museums and Hyde Park.

Cheap, clean, comfy just right for a weekend in London where all you need is to use it for a place to sleep would go again, and would recommend.

A towel is included and there is standard hand wash next to the sink hooks to hang things up also a vending machine and internet access.

Went out an hour or two after checking in got home in the earlier hours the N97 night bus from Trafalgar Square stops opposite the road the hotel is on, got in collapsed the room when lights off is in total darkness perfect sleeping condtions -for me anyway- was also very quiet no noise from other guests.

The only problem -apart from lack of storage but thats expected- I would like to seen a little shelf next to the bed somewhere to put a bottle of water , a phone or pair of glasses rather than on the floor.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am pleased that we have met your expectations in terms of location and services and appreciate your recommendation.

I have noted your comments about shelves in the room and this is something that we are looking into.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

easyHotels are great - cheap and cheerful, yet remarkably good value for central London. The rooms are small but ideal if you just want a place to sleep, nothing else. I recommend the chain to lots of friends and they've all been impressed too. The rooms are very clean, which is important.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I am pleased that we have met your expectations. I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Had the tiny windowless room on the top floor where time just stands still.

An odd lumpy thing stuck up from mattress.

In the morning a weird glow was coming from beneath the sink. Possibly this was daylight. One can only imagine where the 'real window' was hidden. Was the room somehow located in a peculiar other dimension where the sun rises from beneath the ground? It certainly felt like it. But hey for £40 in central London you can't expect the laws of physics to be obeyed.

If you like to be able to show whilst sitting on the loo, this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: In order to get a good room, go first left out of the lobby and keep walking into you find the Best...
Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I would defiantly recommend this hotel as it has worth his money. For as little as 50 Euro we had a room with private bathroom near the center of London. The rooms are very basic equipped but clean, and indeed very small :). We stayed very close to the Natural History Museum, Science Museum and V&A Museum, and with easy access to the center of London (about 20 minutes by Tube, direct line)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Kylie K, Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
DearMadalina_eu,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.
I am very pleased that you had a great stay with us and I appreciate your recommendation.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in London.

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at this hotel after having been recommended by the Easy Hotel in Old Street. When I arrived the price for the room was in fact about 10 pounds more expensive.

The room was smaller it was 5 pounds extra for early check in even though the room was ready. They did not take credit cards so I had to book through the easy room website.

After checking in I realised the room was too small and really hot and the aircon was broken. I complained to reception and asked for my nights to be cancelled for a full refund they cancelled the nights but then told me that the money was available as a credit to use with easy hotels in the future. I said that I never wanted to stay with them ever again and that I wanted my card refunded and they said that there wasn't anything that they could do about it and that they were a franchise and did not have control of my money as I booked through the website. If I had of been told this at the time of booking then I would not have used the website.

All that night I was kept awake by what sounded like furniture being moved in the surrounding rooms. The walls so thin I could hear the person next to me using the toilet throughout the night. Two of the power sockets were broken and one of the lights also did not work.

All and all pretty miserable experience which could have been overlooked if the staff were at all helpful or apologetic.

Room Tip: Don't stay in anything less than a Standard double. They charge for everything towels, storage...
Dear Zoe B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us on Tripadviser. I appreciate the feedback as it helps us improve the experience for future guests.

I am sorry that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations and I would like to apologise for the experience that you had with us. We are an internet based company that only takes bookings through our website. Our standard company policy is not to provide refunds back to the credit card, rather we will re credit your account and you can use this at another Easy Hotel.

I have noted your comments about the room size. We have very small rooms with very small prices and try to describe this as accurately as possible on our website. If you have any suggestions on how we can do this better I would be very grateful.

Once again I am sorry about the experience that you had with us.

Kind regards,
Email: Enquiries@southken.easyhotel.com
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

stayed here for a few night, it was a great experience. Receptionist was highly friendly and knew great places in london to visit. well priced rooms and the air was great in these rooms. Will be coming back soon. good location to the supermarket to get beers. no window, no worries - as long as it keeps the prices low im happy. if you want a bigger room theres the hilton further along to pay 6 times the amount. cheers easyhotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kylie K, Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Nick,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I am pleased that we have met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Kind Regards
Enquiries@southken.easyhotel.com

Been to easyHotel London South Kensington? Share your experiences!