“pleasant” 4 of 5 stars
Review of easyHotel London South Kensington

We can't find prices for this accommodation
easyHotel London South Kensington
You added easyHotel London South Kensington to your Saves list
14 Lexham Gardens | Kensington, London W8 5JE, England (South Kensington)   |
Ranked #267 of 684 Specialty Lodging in London
Sydney, Australia
“pleasant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

stayed here for a few night, it was a great experience. Receptionist was highly friendly and knew great places in london to visit. well priced rooms and the air was great in these rooms. Will be coming back soon. good location to the supermarket to get beers. no window, no worries - as long as it keeps the prices low im happy. if you want a bigger room theres the hilton further along to pay 6 times the amount. cheers easyhotel

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kylie K, Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Nick,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.

I am pleased that we have met your expectations and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I appreciate your recommendation and look forward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Duty Manager
easyHotel South Kensington
Enquiries@southken.easyhotel.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Affordable accommodations, but 5 days is tight but do-able.
We snagged a deal over the Olympics. Located a 10-15 minute walk to the closest tube, Gloucester. We found a good deal online a year before the Olympics. The area is safe and walking distance to the museums and larger hotels and 3 grocery stores/restaurants.

Quick notes for any Easy Hotel:
1. Cozy? Yes, it is very important to review the sq. ft. size and always book accordingly. If you can’t handle the confined size book the largest room (but at other Easy's I've stayed at you can walk around the bed). I now know that 2 people and 5 days is a stretch - extra for cleaning or possibly breaking up the stay over 2 rooms would improve sanity.
2. Value? They can be a super deal for those on tight budgets and who prefer not to stay in hostels. Again here for the games. Great deal online.
3. Window or none? – I always book a room with a window. It’s less prison like.
4. The orange? – Usually contained to a feature wall, a door or the bathroom.
5. Extras? Yes, they will cost you. Cleaning, internet, tv, etc. are all extra.
6. Time limit? Well, I have found 5 days is too much for a small room with a window with 2 people (and that’s with sightseeing, theatre and the Olympics). Next time I’d break up a long stay over 2 rooms and gain some sanity and a change of towels/linen but if it’s just me, I’d totally be fine for a week.
7. Storage? 2 hooks and we placed out backpacks on the wide window ledge. Otherwise the floor.
8. Staff? Great. All around helpful – Easy check-in/out. We found our room freezing and they immediately increased the temperature for our floor. All our requests were dealt with efficiently.
9. Oddly our room had the soap dispenser furthest from the shower. Just bad design?
10. Clean? yes.

Travellers from Canada

Room Tip: remember, it's budget, no-frills. expensive city and decide if you can live without a window or...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear 905,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. Your feedback is very important as it highlights where we need to make changes to give everyone a great experience and gives potential guests an unbiased opinion of our hotel.

I appreciate your comments and I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us

Thank you once again for taking the time to share your thoughts.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London
Duty Manager easyHotel South Kensington
Oxford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

Staying in the Easy hotel in South Kensington I was pleasantly surprised. I was a little sneaky with my reservation, booking a disabled room (g5) as they are far more spacious. Still not massive, but will floor space to put my case and two hooks!! The main room would fit two small double beds side by side, the bathroom was up a little wrap and again is probably about the size of a double bed.

Having looked at accommodation in the area I didn't want to stay in a shabby B&B. The cost of the easy hotel just can't be beat in my opinion and the place was clean. I did miss windows, getting up without natural light confused the body clock a little but I would definitely book again.

PROs:
- Cheap,
- Clean,
- Kind and helpful reception service,
- Good shower,
- Power points in room for charging/hair dryer, etc
- Close to supermarket, restaurants and tube stations

CONs:
- No window/natural light
- VERY poor telephone signal
- Towels are a little small (fine for me as a UK size 10, but if you were bigger you may want to pack you own)

Room Tip: Book a disabled room for more space
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear SarahK1983,

Thank you for taking the time post your recent experience with us. I appreciate all feedback as it allows us to improve the experience for future guests.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and we met your expectations.

I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Duty Manager easyHotel South Kensington
Bristol, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

First off - if you want a 5* experience, then you're better off paying 5* prices and stay in a top of the range hotel. When I pay £35 per night to stay in South Kensington, I understand that it's not going to be the Ritz!

So what do you get for your money? We went for the small room without a window. You have no space whatsover - not even a shelf to place any of your belongings. You have the floor and a couple of clothes hooks. The bed stretches from one wall to the other - it's clean, comfortable and does the job. The bathroom is ridiculously small, but again, it does the job.

An accurate description of our room would be either a cell or a shoebox. It was what we expected from a £35 stay in South Kensington. We only used our room to sleep in, so didn't need any home comforts - simply a cheap place to stay so we could enjoy a weekend in the capital.

Highly recommended if you know what to expect!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kylie K, Manager at easyHotel London South Kensington, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Jacomus,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It seems that you enjoyed your stay with us and i am pleased we have met your expectations.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and thank you for your recommendation.I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in London.

Leeds
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Me and my eight year old stayed 5 nights at £310. For that we had a small room with a window, overlooking the local Sainsburys, which is the smallest room that I have ever stayed in. As you walk in the door you have an airplane sized bathroom (containing a toilet, sink and shower that could all be used at once they were that close together) on one side, about a 1-2 meter size of space to keep your suitcase and then a double bed which is surrounded by wall on 3.5 sides.

The room itself was clean (you had to pay extra if you wanted it cleaned during your stay), although the double duvet cover was ripped at the bottom and the side exposing the duvet (but this was changed straight away). Also you have to pay extra for a wifi connection (at an extortionate rate per hour, we used our mobile phone data allowance) and for a flatscreen TV (again at an extortionate rate per day), but when you just use the room for sleeping and spending most of our time away from the hotel we didn't bother with either.

The only downsides to the room was that if you are tall (I am over 6 foot) you will bash your feet on the wall at the bottom of the bed if you are stretching out and the air conditioning unit for the room was placed right outside the window, this kept going off every so often (just when you seemed to be dropping off to sleep) which got annoying but you get used to it.

Checking in was swift with very friendly hotel staff manning reception who were always there if you required something. The same with the check-out (at 10am), just hand in your keycard.

The hotel is handily placed, only a 5-10 minute walk away from both Gloucester Road and Earls Court underground stations and next to a large Sainsbury's, which is open early until late (which is handy). The area felt very safe and there were no issues walking around the area in the early morning and late evening.

There are quite a few restaurants near the hotel and also near the underground stations, which is handy.

If you keep your expectations realistic (i.e. you are in a budget hotel with facilities to match) then you'll find it a great place to stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Ben220601,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to share your experiences with us.
I appreciate your feedback as it gives me a barometer as to where we are at and what we need to do to improve the experience for future guests.
I apolgise in regards to the air conditioning unit and hope this did not cause your stay to be unpleasent.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you when you are next in London.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Even though I had been forewarned that Easy hotel's facilities are limited and the room sizes are small I didn't think it would be as bad as it actually was.
The room was an uninhabitable cupboard. Absolutely ridiculous size. Had no space to move or even put anything down. The toilet, sink and shower could all be used at once they were that close together.
Everything was an added cost including cleaning rooms.
There was no window and when you wake up to find the electricity was broke that's not such a good thing. Pitch black fumbling at 7am is not fun.
Never want to return to that or any Easy hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Dear Nickwright3,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on your recent stay with us.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay on this occasion and we did not live up to your expectations. I apoligise about the inconvenience caused by the power outage and hope that this did not make your stay too unpleasent.

I appreciate your feedback as it helps us improve the experience for future guests.I hope to welcome you back to the hotel the next time you are visiting london.

Email: enquires@southken.easyhotel.com
Manchester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

As my stay was during the Olympics, I paid more than I would normally expect for a hotel of this standard (£67 per night for 7 nights). I have stayed in an EasyHotel for a night before and it was fine but I would not recommend for longer stays.

I booked a 'standard' room which was small. I would hate to see how small the 'small' rooms actually are! There is no room to walk down the side of the bed and the suitcase barely fits on the floor. I knew roughly what to expect from this hotel in terms of size but was still disappointed for the following reasons:

1) you have to pay extra for housekeeping. £10 per visit. I find this ridiculous and it should be as standard for a hotel room.
2) the added extras are over priced. I.e £1 for 15 mins wifi. £5 per day for the TV remote control.
3) fire doors wedged open using aerosol cans (see previous review)
4) there are TWO hooks to hang clothes from. C'mon easyhotel...another 3 or 4 hooks won't break the bank.
5) shower curtain in bathroom was dirty.
6) during our visit, the electricity went off one morning. In a room with no window you can see NOTHING! The shower was also obviously cold. Staff didn't seem bothered ("maintenance have been informed"

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Toddy0011,
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about your stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
I have noted your comments in regards to the shower curtain being dirty and have addressed this with housekeeping to have all shower curtains cleaned reguarly.
In regards to aerosol cans being used as door wedges this has been rectified and they are no longer used on any door in the hotel.
I have noted your comment about the Water and power. Whilst we take preventative measures occasionally things will go wrong such as fuses tripping. When this happens we respond quickly to ensure that it is fixed quickly and any inconvenience is minimised.
I do apologise that on this occasion we did not meet your expectations in terms of product or service. I appreciate your feedback as it helps identify areas in which we need to improve

Once again please accept my sincere apologies for the experience that you had. Please let me know if there is anything we can do to make this a better experience for you.
I hope to welcome you back to easyHotel on your next visit to london

Email: Enquires@southken.easyhotel.com

Been to easyHotel London South Kensington? Share your experiences!