“Will Never Stay at Again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

You added Park Plaza Riverbank London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Riverbank London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #323 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Maidstone, Kent
“Will Never Stay at Again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2006

Beautiful rooms, bathroom, lobby and bar. Luxurious but encountered problem after problem. Upon checking in, we found the toilet seat to be covered in urine. Exhausted, we did not want to make a fuss so cleaned it ourselves. Bedlinen was dirty with muddy footprints all over the inside. Also, the next morning, my husband pulled out a used condom that was wrapped around the plughole of the bathroom sink - only discovered due to water not properly draining away. When we reported the problem, the general staff attitude was uncaring and in a state of denial. They seemed to suggest that it was not technically possible for it to happen and implied that we were making it up to get a discount. They offered us complimentary dinner which we accepted, but seemed completely unfussed about the incident. Every staffmember was foreign, and even though I am sure this helps international guests, to us they seemed unfriendly and more concerned with trying to remember the English language than helping their guests. Staff in the restaurant, however, were extremely attentive. The problems we had were most likely one-offs, but the way they dealt with the matter was highly unsatisfactory. I would never stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2006

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (510)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2006

I had the pleasure to stay at Riverbank Park Plaza Hotel for 3 nights, and I warmly recommend this excellent hotel with great service and hospitality.The room was very tasteful furnished and had a marvellous view of the river Thames, the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben. The bed was most comfortable and the "marble"-bath-room was equipped with bath as well as separate shower. All staff really made their best to make my stay as pleasant as possible. The Asian- inspired restaurant served a superb dinner.I would love to stay at this hotel again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2006

We stayed 8 persons for 3 nights. It was a lovely hotel with nice staff.
Hopefully we will come back again soon.

London, England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2006

Best reason for booking this hotel:

The hotel is new, modern, and offers a luxury experience for a competitive price. We searched many hotels in London but could not find one as well appointed as the Riverbank for the price.

Location:

The hotel itself is in a good-ish location, right on the Albert Embankment. We walked along to Waterloo Bridge and crossed in order to get to the Strand. From there, all of central London just opens up if you're willing to be adventurous.

Walking in the opposite direction along the Albert Embankment took us to Vauxhall Bridge, which again we crossed to find the British Museum and a nice French cafe.

Eating & Transport:

There is not much around in the immediate vicinity by way of good eating, but this is no problem if you're willing to walk a little.

The room:

Our spotless room was beautifully appointed, with tasteful decor, modern furnishings and fine linen. The bed was sumptuous and the bath was one of the most relaxing ever. There was a delightful entertainment system which allowed us to play our own CDs. Just the ticket for a romantic evening. The room could have been bigger, but we didn't mind this trade off for the very cosy, clean and neat experience we received.

• Stayed August 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2006

Stayed here with my family for one night (six of us spread over 3 rooms). There were a lot of extra requests - cot in one room, extra bed in another - and we were delighted that everything had been perfectly organised on arrival. Rooms were lovely - especially the bathrooms - and the beds were extremely comfortable. I found the entertainment system a little tricky to work out (in fact I couldn't even figure out how to switch it on, although my partner managed so I'm sure it can't have been that difficult!). Although our rooms were facing the railway track we had no issues with noise at all. Breakfast was incredibly busy but the staff coped admirably and were even happy to have porridge specially prepared for the baby in the party. We had the same receptionist on check-in and check-out and she was friendly and helpful.

Overall, a great stay at a fabulous hotel!

• Stayed February 2006
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2006

I got this hotel on priceline for a relatively good rate ($120 USD) for London. At the time, most of the 4* hotels on expedia/orbitz/venere were either booked or well over $200. While I agree with other posters about the modern feel, I'd say if you're used to staying at the W, this rather pales in comparison but is a fair approximation of that streamlined aesthetic. There's a younger feel to the hotel althoug many of the guests apeared to be late 20's/early 30's professionals on work-related excursions, a pretty mainstream crowd. Staff was gracious and responsive -- gave me another room after I told them the first one had a strange odor. Second room had only a partial view of the Thames, since I wasn't on the frontward facing side.

Be prepared to walk quite a bit to the closest tube station and/or bus stop. The bus stop in front of the hotel doesn't take you Northward towards most of the sights -- you have to walk across the bridge and turn right to reach the proper bus that heads North towards the British Museum, theaters, shopping areas. Also, the closest tube wasn't one of the main lines so you usually had to transfer -- not difficult but something to be aware of. I enjoyed my stay but I was very glad that I had invested in some good boots -- cabs were expensive. Took the Eurostar after I checked out ( Waterloo station is very near-by) and it still cost me 6 GBP to go around 5 blocks. Overall, much better than your average hotel. Concierge was helpful about which bus to catch, etc.

• Stayed December 2005
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2006

We stayed at the Riverbank Park Plaza the first weekend in January and got a really good deal. Was initially quite worried as it wasnt in the best area but was pleasantly surprised. The hotel was lovely - modern, well furnished and the service was excellent. We ate breakfast in the hotel the first morning. There was a wide variety to choose from and was very good value for money. Would definately recommend this hotel. Very good value for money.

• Stayed January 2006

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!