“Great hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #378 of 1,052 Hotels in London

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
Nottinghamshire, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

The room absolutely reeked of cigarettes to the point you could actually taste it. Just as I was about to call reception guest services called to ask if all was ok. I explained that it wasn't and they offered a filtration unit to go in the room... downside we couldn't be in there at the same time so we had to leave. We returned early evening and it still stank. Guest services called and I said I still wasn't happy after he said he understands the smell had gone. I said it hadn't and I don't know who told him that. Again we were offered a filtration unit but had to leave. The smell was gone by the end of our second day. There is a building site next door which we had the joy of over looking. It starts up at 8 am... no chance of a window open. Needless to say the view was terrible. This hotel is not as city centre as it makes out... the website says 30 mins to the Globe... more like 50. It ended up costing us a lot in taxis. The photos suggest views of the houses of parliament... also not the case. Staff were friendly in the bar.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for a room with a view
  • Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple
Sarah F, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear mummysisson,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Park Plaza Riverbank.

We would highly appreciate if you could forward your feedback to our Guest Relations team at pprlgr@pphe.com, so that we can take a further look into your comments.

Leicester
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

When we arrived here we arrive at half 4 we was waiting for a hour to check in! The room had dust in high places, there were 3 people (adults) in one room so we had a pull out bed, there were no sheets for this bed, we asked the cleaner and she said we'd be charged for another lot of sheets, at reception they actually asked us to pay, personally I thought it was discusting

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear 706paigeb,

Lancaster, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

A group of us set off to London for an Ascot weekend, and decided again to stay at the Riverbank Hotel. This is about our sixth time we have stayed there, and it just gets better.
We were meeting in the foyer, and several members of staff at the hotel came to ask us if we needed help. That's what I call service, The service started there, and continued until we checked out on Sunday.
One of our party had a problem in her bedroom ( which was no fault of the hotel ) and went to reception, and within seconds of her returning to her room, housekeeping were there to sort it out. Now thats exceptional service !
We have already booked to go again for Christmas shopping in December, and also Ascot next year. Can't wait. Well done the team.

• Stayed July 2015, traveled with friends
Dear rolandsimpson,

Thank you for this amazing review and for your loyalty. We cannot wait to welcome you back again in December and next year. See you soon!

Hartlepool
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I didn't realise Park Plaza riverside & riverbank were in effect 2 separate entities.
I usually stay in a riverside view Room which are very good. Views over the Thames and across to Westminster and on a night when Westminster is lit up are especially good.
So this time as a bit of a treat I booked a studio on the riverbank room, I was very disappointed. My view of the river consisted of a full blown building site and train station. The river was there to the far right but certainly not what I was expecting. To say we were disappointed is an understatement. I can't even begin to think what it will be like when this new hotel/office block is built, you'll be looking directly into other people's rooms.
We asked reception if we could actually downgrade but the slightly unfriendly staff on the riverbank reception (not normal hotel reception) said hotel was full but we could actually upgrade to the same room with a better view.
Trains stop running at midnight and start back up again at 6am. Previous to this stay I didn't even know there was a station behind hotel.
Studios do have a small kitchen area and living area which maybe useful for some but can't imagine that many people really cook their own meals when in London.

This is a personal choice but I also didn't enjoy breakfast as much as you eat in the Chino Latino restaurant if you book a riverbank studio instead of eating in the downstairs breakfast room which to me is a much more friendly vibrant environment to enjoy your first meal of the day. As I say, this is personal as some people will enjoy the quieter more reserved table service instead of the self serve option.

The hotel is still very good and a lovely hotel to stay in, I just chose the wrong type of room (I guess I just expected an upgrade to actually mean better than previous) which set me up to not enjoy hotel from the beginning.
Building site and trains didn't help either.

Location might be a little out of the centre for some but it only takes a leisurely, enjoyable 20min walk across Westminster Bridge to be right in the centre of London.

As I've said above I've never had anything to complain about on previous stays and the hotel is still excellent.

Stayed July 2015, traveled as a couple