“Decent, however beware the hotel is being rennovated” 3 of 5 stars

Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #338 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Decent, however beware the hotel is being rennovated”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I normally stay on the sister hotel at Westminster bridge. The rooms in both hotels are broadly similar.

I would give the Westminster bridge hotel 5 stars, but have taken 2 off this property because of firstly, the renovations. I didn't have to attend meetings until 11 but any chance of a lie in were dealt a blow as renovation work to add new floors to the hotel kicked in. Secondly, the location. It's not as close to bars, resturants or general activity as the Westminster bridge property 10 minutes up the road.

This hotel was cheaper than the sister property but I'd pay the extra and stay at Westminster bridge, however when the renovations are complete I'm sure this hotel will prove to be a viable alternative.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (540)
  • Korean first
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Stayed here for the night to explore the sights of London! Hotel is good location for London Eye and the surrounding sights. Tube station about a 10 minute walk in the opposite direction so was no trouble getting around. Hotel really nice, visited the concierge and they were more than happy to help with any queries. Rooms really nice only fault was the room was really hot not sure why but had no air con and window was useless, other that that lovely hotel and stay!

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
SGreenaway, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear Miller2255,

Thank you for taking the time to provide such lovely feedback regarding your recent visit to Park Plaza Riverbank. You are indeed correct we are in a good location to visit the London Eye and nearby attractions. We are happy to read that you found the service of our Concierge team very helpful during your stay. I have noted your feedback regarding the room being to hot and would like to apologise for this discomfort However, I am pleased that this did not hamper your visit. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I have stayed at the Park Plaza Riverbank hotel a number of times over the last year and I'm sad to say that I was disappointed by my recent stay.

Bad:
1) Had to wait an hour for the room to be ready.
Arrive early at 1:50pm (10 minutes before check-in) and was informed that I had to wait till 2pm in order to get my room key. I found this very trivial, but nonetheless waited for 10 minutes in the hotel bar.
At 2pm waited in line patiently to collect my room key but was told that the room had not been cleaned and thus had to wait approximately 30 mins for my room. I was offered a free drink in the bar. I stressed that if they could send someone to fetch me when the room was ready and was reassured.
50 minutes later, with no one from reception insight I went up again to reception to see if my room was ready. It still wasn't and was told to wait another 10 minutes. The staff were apologetic but made no attempt to rectify the situation or offer me compensation for the wait.

2) The rooms, esp the suites, are outdated and have signs of damage everywhere (marks on the floor, scratches etc). They definitely need to be updated and are not up to the standard of a 4* hotel.

3) As mentioned by several others the air conditioning doesnt work.

Good

1) Polite and friendly staff
2) Location is perfect for people here on business as away from the mass of tourists
3) Cheap place to stay.

Room Tip: Room 741 has great views of Parliament and Big Ben, but is right next to the construction site.
Dear Liam1992,

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us.

I would like to apologise for the shortfall in service that you have encountered during your recent stay.

I have passed your feedback on to the relevant departments to improve on these areas.

Should your travels bring you back to the area please can you contact me directly so that I can ensure your next visit is enjoyable and we can make it right for you this time around.

Thank you for the great feedback you left regarding our team I will be sure to share this with them.

Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to show you the true Park Plaza Riverbank hospitality.

UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW via mobile

we were really pleased with the friendly atmosphere and excellent service and attention from the staff. Overall the staffing levels were more than adequate and the approach was way above the empty "have a nice day" style of most chain hotels. The restaurant is exceptional with original and wonderfully prepared food.
There is a lot building work and you have to pay extra to avoid it. We were there at the weekend. Noise stopped at 19.00 on the Friday night and started again at 08.00 on Saturday. It stopped lunchtime on Saturday and we did not hear any more until we left on Sunday. A simple note in the rooms affected would be helpful to let customers know the timings. Rooms at the front will be quieter but more expensive.
We were staying as part of a weekend package arranged with another company. We had breakfast included and were a little surprised that guests with this arrangement were sent downstairs to a different eating space which felt a bit like a canteen. The food and service were absolutely fine, but it did make us feel a little like second class customers.
Overall though we would return and the staff are to be commended on the friendly and helpful atmosphere throughout the hotel.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
SGreenaway, Front Office Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Traveller225,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

We were happy to read that you have experienced the individual service that we aim to offer all of our guests.

You are correct about the building work nearby; what can we say London is evolving at a very fast paste and it is rather unfortunate that some of this work has inconvenienced your stay.

We have taken the feedback you have left on board and continue to work very closely with the site to ensure that there is minimal disruption to our guests stay.

I have also noted your feedback regarding the breakfast room and would like to inform you that we are indeed looking into changing the location.

Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback with us and should your travels bring you back to the area please feel free to contact me and I can arrange an upgrade to one of our front facing rooms.

I wish you a pleasant day.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

High quality hotel on nice location at the river Thames. A bit far from Underground stations and a limited number of restaurants close to the hotel. Currently there is a lot of construction work ongoing, but there was no noise during the night. Works well for a short stay if visiting any of the offices nearby or if willing to spend time walking around.

Dear TravelingHannu,

Thank you for the lovely feedback regarding your recent stay.

You are correct the hotel is in a nice location to enjoy the river Thames.

We really wished that you had visited the concierge during your stay we do have restaurants in close proximity to the hotel however, I guess it gives you a reason to come back and visit us again soon:)

Once again thank your for your feedback and hope to welcome you back.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Stayed recently the hotel is in a good location and central this is my second stay at this hotel. Booked a double room through a agency when we checked in which was very smooth and the staff friendly we were allocated a room. When we reached our room we then discovered it was a twin room not the double booked but we were quickly moved rooms an upgraded to a executive room the staff on reception were super helpful. The 2nd room was lovely and spacious and a great standard. The hotel was clean and tidy and staff friendly through out overall a good stay.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Skimpyjane,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay.

I would like to apologise that you were given a twin room instead of a double room on arrival. I am pleased to read that that this was quickly rectified to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your lovely comments about our Reception team our staff and the cleanliness of our property. I will be sure to share your feedback with the teams.

I wish you all the best and hope you that you visit us again soon.

Whitley Bay, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I visited the Park Plaza Riverbank for a weekend break with my daughter. The staff were very friendly and very professional . We were upgraded to suite on the 7 th floor that had fabulous views down the River to Westminster. We ate in the Chino Latino restaurant and had the most fantastic meal the chef should be commended and I would recommend the Black Cod. Gabriel our waiter was attentive and had a good knowledge of the menu which helped us choose from a wide selection and his South American heritage added authenticity to the evening. I can also highly recommend the cocktails served in the bar. Location of the hotel is ideal with Vauxhall tube station a short walk and a lovely walk along the south bank to the London Eye on the doorstep. A very enjoyable weekend thank you.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large ,sunny and have great views towards Westminster and the Houses of Parliment
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
Dear Julietkilo,

Wow! Thank you for giving us a five star rating :) It is always great when our efforts to provide excellent service is recognised by our guests. The team will be delighted to read your feedback.
I totally agree with you about the Black Cod it I simply delicious. The next time you visit us; hopefully soon you should try the Lobster its very tasty. I will pass on your feedback to Gabriel he will be delighted to receive your feedback. We are happy that you had a great weekend. Please do not hesitate to contact us prior to your return so we can spoil you a bit more :)

Have a pleasant day.

Samantha Greenaway

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!