“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

You added Park Plaza Riverbank London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Riverbank London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #323 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I liked the hotel except the construction beside it. Near by Vauxhall station (underground, rail & bus), mini shop & you can walk to London eye, London Bridge, Big Ben & etc but not so near. But I was not given good view room and king bed as requested when i did earlier booking. I think their gave to walk-in guess & those who came for a function held in the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Korean first
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Minimalist hotel with minimal amenities. We had a large two room suite. Not much furniture in the rooms and small bed. Overall the stay was a disaster. While others complained that hotel rooms were very hot, management must have gotten the message and decided to turn off the heat altogether. It was a very cold weekend and there was absolutely no heat at all. After complaining and being told that there is problem with the heating, staff volunteered to bring us space heaters. Little consolation. Could have been a little more apologetic.

Location leaves a lot to be desired- on the South Bank across Lambeth Bridge. A building site next door with construction beginning at 7am.

Never again.

Room Tip: Are there any?
Downham, Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

A very welcoming hotel with a relaxing and classy atmosphere particularly around Christmas time. It feels like a treat. The rooms are a good size and cleverly decorated to so that if the view is not particularly great you would never now. I attended a Christmas party at this hotel aswell and it was lovely, nice setting, food was good and staff were all lovely.

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Marianne M, Executive Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Sarah S
Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you had a fantastic time at your Christmas Party!
I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you to Park Plaza Riverbank again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should there be anything I can assist with.
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This may be a fve star hotel, but no hotel this swanky and expensive should have rooms like ours. We were told there was no river view. Disappointing, but that's life. But the room we got looked out onto the center of the building. Not a courtyard, just all windows, roofed over at the top. So there was no view of the outside world at all! Spotlights came on at some point in the night to simulate daylight. It was depressing. The room itself was fine, but I could not get past this. We had no idea if it was pouring or brilliant sunshine until we got to the lobby.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Dear Eve S

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us. I am sorry to hear that you were so disappointed with your room. We will take your feedback on board, and try to find a way to improve the internal view. I do hope that the rest of your experience was positive, and that you enjoyed your stay in London. I would welcome any further feedback that you may have, and can be contacted directly at mmcgrath@pphe.com.

Kind Regards

Southampton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Another great stay, clean comfortable room, great elemis toiletries. Warm welcome at reception and room service food was delicious and piping hot. Service was excellent from front desk to room. The only issue is the railway line behind into waterloo and the building works adjacent. Still very handy for sights and central London.

Dear northernkate
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review following your stay. It is wonderful to read that you had such a good stay with us, thank you for your lovely comments.
In relation to the adjacent building works, we work very closely with the contractors to ensure minimal disruption for our guests, and I do hope that you were not badly affected by the works.
I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon. If there is anything you need prior to making a reservation, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Perfect weekend stay - great for couples and the restaurant is great! The views from the room were perfect and the bathroom is a perfect size and very clean. Would defiantly stay again in the near future and they allowed us to keep our bags there late into the evening though we checked out at 12

Dear Tom J
Thank you for your lovely feedback following your stay with us, I am delighted you had a good stay. I hope to welcome you back to Park Plaza Riverbank very soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you require any assistance with reservations.
Bridgnorth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If you like the sound of trains passing every 30 seconds as you drift off to sleep - this place is for you. Don't get me wrong, its not a complete racket, it didn't really stop us from sleeping, but I can understate how close it is. The room was looking tired, the carpet certainly was! The service was good and the breakfasts were OK. Avoid the cocktails, not the best. A nice location on the river though. And the views from our room were GREAT!

Dear DanHes
Many thanks for taking the time to review our hotel following your recent stay. Thank you for your positive comments about our location, and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the view! I am however very sorry to read that you were disturbed by the trainline.
We are currently in a process of improvement works and will be replacing carpets and furnishings throughout the hotel, so I do hope that you visit again, and see the improvements that we are making to the hotel. Also in relation to the cocktails, I will certainly pass this feedback to the Bar Manager, thank you for your comments.
Should you wish to stay with us again, which I do hope that you do, please contact me directly and I will personally look after your reservation, and ensure that you are allocated a room away from the trainline so as to enjoy a peaceful stay.
Marianne Mc Grath

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!