“Loud music + Apathetic staff = No sleep” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Riverbank London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Riverbank London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #299 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Denver, Colorado
“Loud music + Apathetic staff = No sleep”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

Had a room facing the interior atrium, which we thought would eliminate street noise and allow us a good nights sleep. The hotel booked a wedding which played loud, bass driven music until well after midnight. Calls to complain to the desk and even to the night manager were unproductive. We only received assurances the music would end "very soon" on the first call and "within the next 7 minutes" on the second; both proved totally untrue. No one from the hotel followed up in any way. Have they become insensitive to complaints due to volume and frequency? Certainly not what one would expect for the money and the type of hotel they pretend to be.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Korean first
Dublin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I arrived at about 8pm and it took a good 15 mins to check in, yet there were plenty of staff milling around while a queue waited at reception. There was no one at the Club Carlson desk so what is the point!

The hotel is fine, room was fine, showing wear in the bathroom with bit of door frame missing, carpet has some sign of wear. Bed was just ok, pillows too soft, even the "firmer" one I got from the wardrobe. Shower is good.
Left without breakfast, faster checkout thankfully. No sign of anyone out front to call in a taxi.
Would not race to return.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW via mobile

We had a riverview room which afforded us wonderful views of the thames & Big Ben. Great location and well priced for a central london hotel. Only a 5 minute walk from the London Eye. Nearest tube is Vauxhall but the best way to travel is by river bus. We will return

• Stayed September 2014
Derby UK
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

I am going to enjoy writing this one.
I stayed in room 847 on the evening of 22 October.
I had 3 off my staff at the hotel on a visit to London to thank them for a recent piece of work. I booked and paid for 4 rooms.
Imagine my surprise to get to the bar (not the restaurant) at 1830 to be told that ALL of the tables had been reserved and I was unable to sit down for drinks with my group.
We were suited and smart so it can't have been that!
The place was hardly busy yet the tables were 'booked'. The initial table I tried had a reservation sign on it and I eventually simply sat at a table with no reserved sign. I was told I had to vacate.
Apparently you have to pre book if you want to sit in the bar in the evening. The table waitress was very nice and explained that she didn't like it either but that's how it operated.
I asked to speak to the manager. The most obnoxious Eastern European woman came to see me. The first words out of her mouth "the tables have to be pre booked and you've already been told that this table, even though there is no sign on it yet, has been booked" and then proceeded to tell me that it was policy. It was basically tough luck.
I asked all the usual questions about how I was supposed to know that? At what point should I have been advised? Do you think it's reasonable that I spend money to book 4 rooms and the bar area is largely unusable?
I had to really watch my language...... There was a huge temptation to blow a gasket.
She then told me that some people PAY to reserve a table in the bar? I am not sure who they pay, tip or soften but its ridiculous.
Eventually, and I suspect to make me quiet, they seated us. None of the tables I had been refused were actually used in the next hour and a half I was in the bar.
A duty manager came over to see me..... He was a nice guy and obviously well skilled and trained in defusing these situations.
So he then told me I was right and I should expect to be seated in the bar.
He also told me that the tables were reserved but, that somewhat contradicts his opening position.
He apologised and told me that he's looking at how they advise guest in the future.
I was honestly disgusted with the attitude and service. It didn't bring the best out of me at all and put me in a foul mood to start what was supposed to be a relaxing team night out / dinner.
Thanks team - you really ruined the mood for the evening through the stupid and pretentious attitude.
So now I have given them a 1 star rating........
Let's see if the management team write back? I bet they do? I bet they tell you that I have misunderstood the entire thing?
when the manager does write back let's see if they can guarantee unrestricted seats on a first come first served basis in the bar?
Let's see if they change the process?
Let's see if they adjust the attitude of the obnoxious bar manager?
Just as a wake up call..... This is the Park Plaza. Where it's actually a nice hotel - It's not The Ritz or They Savoy...... I have absolutely no idea what you're thinking of.
I won't be coming back and I hope, in some twisted perverse way, that you lose a booming or two as a result of people reading this review. You deserve to.

Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Good hotel. Nice room. The view “no-river” has a railroad view. Good wifi. Near underground (5 mins). Difficult to find. My problems happened with the reservation. Not good comunication. qwertyuioplkjhgfdsazxccvvbbnmmkjhgf

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Went to London last Friday night for an awards ceremony, we were all put up at the Riverbank Plaza. Upon pulling up in my car I was met by the Valet parking attendant instantly, I pointed out that I need my car back for 5am as I have to get back up to Birmingham. I was informed they don't actually start until 7am (note this if you need to get an early flight). However between the valet company and the ever friendly / attentive hotel staff my car was there waiting for me. Staff and facilities were first rate, I'll certainly be returning on my next trip down there.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

This hotel is fab. It's in a good location just a few minutes away from all the hustle & bustle. The staff are all lovely & friendly, they were all interested in what we were doing & where we had been each day. Nothing was to much trouble. Natonya is lovely & so kind & caring. They were all very professional & good at their jobs but still let their own personalities shine through. Thank you for a great stay, we shall return. There is a boat/bar over the road which is excellent for something a little different.

Room Tip: We had room 441 which is a view of Big Ben & the river.