“Stunning Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Riverbank London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Riverbank London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #294 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Stunning Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Went to London last Friday night for an awards ceremony, we were all put up at the Riverbank Plaza. Upon pulling up in my car I was met by the Valet parking attendant instantly, I pointed out that I need my car back for 5am as I have to get back up to Birmingham. I was informed they don't actually start until 7am (note this if you need to get an early flight). However between the valet company and the ever friendly / attentive hotel staff my car was there waiting for me. Staff and facilities were first rate, I'll certainly be returning on my next trip down there.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This hotel is fab. It's in a good location just a few minutes away from all the hustle & bustle. The staff are all lovely & friendly, they were all interested in what we were doing & where we had been each day. Nothing was to much trouble. Natonya is lovely & so kind & caring. They were all very professional & good at their jobs but still let their own personalities shine through. Thank you for a great stay, we shall return. There is a boat/bar over the road which is excellent for something a little different.

Room Tip: We had room 441 which is a view of Big Ben & the river.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

Our first time in London and we booked this hotel due to its central location. Asking about the room at check in we were told that we would like our room. Nothing was further from the truth. The room was extra tiny and when we looked out the window the view was of the rooms across what was an extremely narrow indoor courtyard that was not open to the sky. This only added to the claustrophobic feel of the room. The desk staff should have informed us about these inside rooms. Instead they said that for an extra fee we could have a riverbank view. Based on the photos on the hotel website and the desk staffs comment that we would like our room we deemed that the inside rooms would be fine and rejected the riverbank view. Thankfully our stay was brief as we moved on to another hotel. Furthermore, our check out did not go smoothly as the girl at the desk complicated what should have been an easy exit. My wife is a travel agent who often books guests in London. After our negative experience she cannot in good conscience recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: don,t book an inside room facing the so called courtyard.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My family visited this hotel for a family celebration weekend for my mothers 70th birthday.
The weekend was great and we all had a lovely time but I'm afraid the start of our trip was ruined due to the rooms allocated to us on arrival and the problems that ensued directly afterward. My mother booked the rooms in July for a trip in October and felt that she had given the hotel plenty of time to allocate the best rooms within the selected budget. She specifically asked for rooms above the 5th floor as she never stays below that level in London due to the noise. We were allocated 5 rooms on the 1st floor! We complained and were given rooms on the 7, 8th and 10th floor. However the 2 rooms allocated to me, husband and 2 children on the 7th floor were directly above the railway and my mothers room had not even been serviced! dirty drink cup, clothing and razor blade left in the bathroom! Not a good start eh! We obviously complained (again) then waited 2 hours (since arrival) for new rooms to be cleaned and allocated. The staff where really very helpful and very kind, (Deputy Manager, reception staff, porter , hotel manager & wonderful barman) and made our stay enjoyable after the original mess made on our booking. My mother had an upgrade to a room with a great view, we had rooms facing another building but the room was quiet and sleep quality very good. My mother had a bottle of champagne in her room which she thought was due to the problems we faced on arrival but can you imagine how she felt when reception then called up to her room to ask for it back as it was put in her room by error!!!!! Needless to say it was not returned!
Despite all the 'perks' offered i.e. free drinks at the bar and the room upgrade we would have all preferred not to have wasted 2 hours of our weekend and the stress of the room problem, so a suggestion to the hotel management - get it right the first time!
I have stayed in much better 4 star hotels but you can't beat the location and staff are great!
We had breakfast in the buffet room the first morning - not great - reminded me of a motorway café to be honest - very busy, hot and not at all relaxing. Second morning we had breakfast in the restaurant which had a gas problem so took 2 hours to get our breakfast as had to send our eggs benedict back as they were stone cold! My poor mum is diabetic so had to eat hers at this point and cold egg's benedict is pretty disgusting! The hot ones were good though and the rest of the breakfast I'm sure would have been lovely if there wasn't a problem with the gas at this time!
We ate at the hotel restaurant one evening and it was good although we did have to pre order our meal choices as there was 9 of us, which we found surprising. I may return however I'd certainly keep in contact with the hotel before arrival to ensure rooms were above floor 5 and not at the back of the building (railway) or overlooking the building site! (Also be careful with the hot taps in the bathroom - if you make you bath too hot it almost impossible to cool down as the cold tap doesn't stay cold)?
Overall a lovely stay and long weekend to London with my family but could have been better.

Room Tip: Make sure you contact hotel before you travel to make sure your rooms are not on floors 1,2 or 3 and...
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

They are adding 5 stories to the property and there is a crane on the roof and the normally open interior is covered by canvas so 50 per cent of the rooms have no natural light. The hallway carpets on most floors are old and streaked with dirt and our room had an unpleasant odor. Unfortunately they didn't have any rooms with windows facing the exterior except for suites at higher cost. It is also a bit far from any tube station and about 40 minutes walk to the nightlife in soho or covent garden. There is a construction site next door and the trains are quite loud in the morning. I would not stay here again until the construction is complete or until they complete refurbishing the property and would only stay in a room with a view to the exterior.

on the plus side: the staff was very friendly, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, and the lobby restaurant (chino latino) served good food.

Room Tip: make sure you face the river not the interior atrium
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I got a good deal for two nights at this hotel through priceline (bidding), so for the price paid I was happy with this hotel, which is broadly four stars. The room had a nice view to the Thames BUT it also overlooked a construction site, and was near the train/tube lines which made it very noisy in the morning - if you are a deep sleeper this won't trouble you, but it wasn't good for me. The room itself was very nice with the facilities you would expect of four star hotel (tea and coffee, good toiletries, nice bathroom, etc). Good location on the Thames - 45 minute walk into Covent Garden, close to Vauxhall and Waterloo tubes. Probably would get four stars (on TA ratings) once construction ends.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

I've stayed in lots of hotes in London when I visit with work- mostly bad ones as our budget isn't very big- but this is by far the best. I booked in advance so got a really good rate and stayed for 3 nights in the the week. The hotel is right on the river with easy access to subes and walking through the centre. My room wasn't ready so I took advantge of the free wifi in the bar. The food was lovely and my room was very large with a fantastic view of the river. They are building next to the hotel but didnt start untl 8.30 so there was very little noise. The shame is when built this other hotel will take away some of the views but even so the rooms are great with wifi, large bath and walk in shower.
This is the only place I'm staying in London from now on!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled on business

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!