“Great value for price” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Great value for price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights. This hotel was booked with Priceline and it was with a little trepidation I went to Tripadvisor after it was allocated. Based on these reviews I called the hotel and asked for a river facing room if possible.
I was not disappointed. Views from the room are iconic - to say the least -the wide expanse of window made for quite a spectacle at night. My stay coincided with a heat wave but there was no problem with the a/c as the room remained pleasantly cool- I even had to turn it up a notch overnight. The concierge was helpful and provided tickets for the London Eye -a very popular attraction- thankfully saving me an additional queue. I walked there and back ~ 15 mins each way, in the balmy evening along the the Embankment - very nice.
Good sized room,comfy bed, lovely bathroom, blackout blinds which worked, iron and board, free Wifi and free standard tv channels - all helped make my stay pleasant and glitch free. Added to that breakfast at Chinos was a sheer delight and the dinner, whilst a little pricey, did not disappoint. I asked for a cab at checkout, the valet stepped outside and a taxi was pulling up to the front entrance in 3 mins flat. For those who fancy a bit more energetic, eco friendly means of transport, there is a Barclays Cycle Hire (Boris Bike) rank a few steps from the hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending Park Plaza Riverbank on TripAdvisor and for sharing pictures of the amazing views from our Executive Riverview rooms.

I shall look forward to your future visits.

Senior Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I booked this hotel for our wedding night, wanting somewhere that had a beautiful view from the room. Of all the places I tried in London (and there were a few) this one had the best view and the best value.

So this review is based on a couple that got in at midnight and left at noon the next day.
We got a suite on the 11th floor with probably the best view of the hotel. The desk staff were fantastic in getting the best all inclusive (5 star breakfast etc) for me when I booked in person just the week before. As it is the other side of the river from central london then it is considerable cheaper, but the view of big ben though fllor to ceiling windows was fantasic.
The suite had large room for sitting/TV along with separate bedroom.
The bathroom was large though the shower itself a little small

Breakfast in the morning we went to the downstairs breakfast area, only to be advised we were supposed to be in the 5* breakfast restaurant, so was very happy that they reminded us of that.

Check in/out was simple and quiick.
For a one night stay with view and breakfasst for under £250 was very good.

If you want to do sightseeing in London then location may not be perfect, though does have very good bus links and it not too far a walk into the city anyway.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Marko,

I appreciate you taking the time and effort to post such a strong recommendation, I am glad that you enjoyed one of our Executive Riverview suites with Park Plaza Plus package included.

I hope you will choose to stay with us in future - be it for one night or a longer visit.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed at Park Plaza Riverbank for over a week. The accommodations are at a four-star level, the price was reasonable, breakfast (included in my rate) was OK, even though the venue is small. In this regard, the hotel found a creative solution by offering breakfast in the room without a charge during fully booked weekends.
The reason why I give a "poor" rating is my bad experience regarding customer service.
The day I arrived was particularly hot. I was looking forward to a nice air-conditioned room. Since I flew from New York I was very tired upon my arrival, so after I checked in I took a nap until dinner time. Despite the a/c being on, I woke up all wet, sweating; this is when the saga began.
I went to the reception and asked for somebody to take a look; the answer was that only in the morning, since no engineer works at night, not even on a "duty" basis. Was told that first thing the next morning an engineer would come. After a full night of sweat, I waited until 9am to call the front desk about the engineer and the staff had no clue of my complaint of the previous night. I made a new complaint and eventually two technicians came and I was told that it would change rooms, since fixing the a/c would take time. Every time I called the front desk to inquire about my imminent move the staff would tell me they would call me in 5 minutes. They never called, so I would call again and again and again. Eventually I was told that the other room where I would have been moved to also had a/c issues.
I decided to write an e-mail to corporate complaining about the way the situation was being handled and received a reply from the Front Desk Manager providing me with chocolates, fruits and a bottle of wine; I was also told that the technicians finally fixed my a/c problems and I would be able to stay in my room.
Afterwards I heard from other guests that they also had issues regarding a/c and very bad experiences with the front desk, as well as concierge, but this is, of course, hear say.
I hope that the hotel improves its front desk procedures; had I not had the bad experience I had, my rate would have probably been "average".

Room Tip: Make sure you don't face the train tracks.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Barbara,

Thank you for posting your review, your comments are highly valued.

I was disappointed to read about your experience with us on this occasion, I would appreciate if you could send me an email with more details so that I can investigate and provide some more feedback - mhille@pphe.com.

Please rest assured that we will do everything we can to make your future visits at Park Plaza Riverbank more enjoyable.

Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I stayed here in June/July. The hotel has an ideal location, close to the Vauxhall tube and bus station, and with busses stopping just outside the hotel. Also great to just go for a walk, and in a few minutes time you are close to Big Ben, The Parliament and the London Eye. The breakfast was excellent with plenty of choices and lots of fresh fruits. The concierge was really helpful as where all other staff I came in contact with as well :) I loved the seating outside the hotel, a small oasis in the middle of an otherwise busy area. There are at the moment a lot of construction work going on around the hotel, but this seems to be the case all over London, it was not especially noisy.. I will definitely be using this hotel again :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear Synneve,

Thank you for taking the time to recommend Park Plaza Riverbank online.

I should hope to see you again some time soon!

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there in March. Room was ok,simple,nothing special. Could be coffee machine and water.
With breakfast we were disappointed!:( poor breakfast,no plates, clean glasses on buffet, no knifes on table. For everything we had to ask. When plates was enough on buffet they had to close breakfast,then took completely all plates out and hostess started to go around and tell that it's last chance to get any good befor clothing. So...how can I get anything if again plates are not there??? And staff was not really happy when I told this,always hiding in kitchen and supervisor I saw just once for 2 minutes in floor. Breakfast is out of control,staff doesn't care about service. Nothing to compare with other Park Plaza,I been in PPVictoria and Westminster.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Ann,

Thank you for providing such detailed feedback.

I was disappointed to read about your experience at breakfast this time, please rest assured that your comments have now been addressed with our Food & Beverage Manager.

We will do everything we can to make your next visit a more pleasant one.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013 via mobile

I highly recommend this hotel. The price was reasonable, the dining was excellent, the concierge was extremely helpful and the room was clean. What more can you want? Our only recommendation is if you decide to include your breakfast go to the upstairs restaurant for the continental breakfast which has an excellent choice of food.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Virginia,

Thank you so much for recommending us on TripAdvisor, we will look forward to your future visits at Park Plaza Riverbank!

Senior Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!