“Location great” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Riverbank London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Riverbank London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 15%
Ranked #278 of 1,073 hotels in London
“Location great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is so convenient. It's so close to the Thames and Westminster. A tourist trap. The room is great. Staff are so lovely and helpful. We arrived early and they did their best to arrange early check in. Definitely coming back.

• Stayed March 2013
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are indeed perfectly located on the Southbank, within commutable distance from all major London attractions.

I hope you will choose Park Plaza Riverbank to be your base on future visits!

1,988 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (433)
Newcastle, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

This was my third stay at the Park Plaza Riverbank and I can't fault anything about our stay considering the money paid and our upgraded rooms. I booked two rooms for a theatre week-end trip at £132.50 for a Super Saver-Bed and Breakfast-Executive Room. As it was a special weekend, I requested rooms with river views, on check-in we were issued two rooms on the 6th floor with fantastic views down the river towards Westminster. The hotel staff are always very professional, rooms are exceptionally clean and neatly presented with a nice modern/new feel. Breakfast is good value however, the rather small breakfast room can result in a bit of chaos, particularly on Sunday mornings when the hotel is full. The location of the hotel is great, close to Vauxhall station less than 20 mins from King's Cross and a 10-15 min walk to Westminster bridge and the London Eye. If you get a good deal the value of this hotel and its location is very, very good and highly recommended for a weekend break. In previous trips we have been upgraded to junior suits, the only negative thing I can say about the hotel is that the lift noise can be unusually disruptive at night if your room is that end of the corridors.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the lifts and with a river view
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to recommend Park Plaza Riverbank!

I was happy to read that you took advantage of our Super Saver offer available directly on our website, and that you enjoyed one of the Executive Riverview rooms on this occasion.

I should hope that you will get the chance to visit us more often.

Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I've stayed here three or four times and it's 'OK'. Rooms are clean and tidy, shiny bathrooms etc, all very well presented. One of those places with an enormous lobby and a row of smart, smiling people ready to relieve you of the best part of £200 - and not necessarily including breakfast ! I can't fault it for cleanliness and quality. It's just soulless but certainly not alone in that sense.

I used to travel a lot in the USA and this hotel is typical of the large city centre four star places you get over there, a row of check in desk, a chap standing around at another desk called a 'bell' something or other, an expensive restaurant, a bar which couldn't be further from being a 'pub' if it tried - no hanging around the bar for a 'pint of best' ! And be prepared to pay top whack for drinks - plus the percentage they add on for bringing it all of five yards to you.

You could be anywhere in the world as these sort of places all tend to be pretty much the same. I guess they cater for a certain type of international traveller but I prefer to stay in a more typical British inn;the sort of places the locals would go to. You won't find any locals in this place, they'll be down the road in the pub !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor.

Your feedback and suggestions are of great value to us, we will take them on board in order to improve our offer.

I look forward to welcoming you again some time soon.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

I frequently stay in hotels in central London but this was my first stay at the Riverbank Park Plaza. Impressive location for this hotel which also has the sort of impressive frontage that suggests a classy hotel. Check in was fine and prompt. The first thing to notice is that the corridors have a dark and gloomy feel with low lighting, grey painted walls with doors and woodwork in a very dark wood. My twin room was reasonably well equipped with a bathroom with both a bath and a shower. The fittings are modern and tasteful. The room itself was bijou such that I struggled to have enough room to put my case down on the floor as I didn't want to risk soiling the bedding with the wheels. It was too small to have a coffee table and chair in addition to the chair with the desk. They were unnecessary. The wardrobe was too small with insufficient hangers to hang my clothes for four nights and the ironing board stored in the wardrobe takes up the valuable space. In summary a cramped room. Comfy bed and good size TV. My room was however next to the lift motor room for what I believe is a secondary lift which was only particularly active in the mornings from 6am.
The breakfast is served in the basement lounge. I stayed for a number of days and I got the impression that the breakfast serving was under pressure due to too few staff and inefficient processes. Failed to ask whether I wanted tea / coffee and had to ask and on one occasion more than once. A number if items were allowed to run out / fruit salad / grapefruit / porridge (awful) and the staff needed prompting to refill. Used crockery allowed to build up at the table and no follow up for coffee refill. The facilities are there and the improvements don't appear to be cost related just not up to par.
I stayed at this hotel because my hotel of choice (Doubletree Westminster) was full (for comparable room rate) and so I was placed here. I can see why there were vacancies and my stay has not teased me away from hotel of choice for future stays.

Room Tip: Do not get placed next to lift motor room.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review online.

Your feedback is highly valued and much appreciated - and will be used to improve the level of service in future.

I still hope you will get the chance to stay at Park Plaza Riverbank again.

Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Just spent a weekend at the Park Plaza and everything was perfect. We put in for an upgrade on a standby basis, if one was available, and there was!
It only cost us £7 more and was well worth it. Comfortable bed, spacious room and full bathroom with bath and separate shower. We only wished there was more time to enjoy it but London is a busy city.
As we intended to stroll around London the location of the hotel was no problem and we grabbed a taxi from waterloo station when we arrived. If you want a hotel in the heart of everything then you may not enjoy a 5 minute walk to the London Eye/South Bank, but this was value for money. Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Go for an upgrade-10th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Steve,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It was a great pleasure for me to read how much you enjoyed your stay at Park Plaza Riverbank, and how you benefited from our e-Standby upgrade scheme.

I hope to see you again some time soon!

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

I have been to london many times for pleasure and business and this hotel is definitely one of the best I came across in recent years.

The rooms are a good size, the bathroom very high spec with granit fllor and tiles shower and bathtub available.

Service was very good from check in to check out. The location is good, only few minutes walk to vauxhall tube and 1.5km to westminister, london eye, the river thames at your door step and fairly reasonably priced.

Would recommed it.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments.

I appreciate your good words, especially those directed to our staff - please rest assured that I will forward them on to the team.

N.Wales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for one night for a mini trip to London. Location was spot on, about 5 minute walk to the nearest tube station, Vauxhall. We had an executive riverbank view room on the top floor (1143) and it was spot on. Huge room with a lovely comfortable bed, separate bath and shower and a lovely view of parliament and the Thames. I had a perfect nights sleep and didn't hear a single noise. Had our evening dinner at chino Latino on the ground floor, was a stunning meal with great service, recommended. Staff we all lovely and very helpful. Next time I go to London I shall definitely book this hotel again.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kerry,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor.

It was with great pleasure that I read how much you liked one of our Executive Riverview rooms, as well as your meal at Chino Latino restaurant.

I hope you will get the chance to visit us again very soon!

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!