“Communal areas better than the bedrooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

You added Park Plaza Riverbank London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Riverbank London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #323 of 1,065 Hotels in London
Burnley, United Kingdom
“Communal areas better than the bedrooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here recently for an event - have stayed in park plazas before so knew I would have a good stay. Entrance area and reception was impressive with very nice staff. When I got to my room was pretty disappointed - it didn't seem up to the standard of other park plazas. The shower wouldn't switch off properly so it dripped all night and I was unable to switch the bathroom light off - which coupled with the fact that the bathroom door would not close meant that I had to sleep with a sliver of light on - I prefer a dark room! The room was also boiling and the air con was not working. I got 3 hours of sleep at the most! Additionally, the day after I realised that I had left some clothes by mistake in the room (tip - don't hang anything up on the hook in the bathroom behind the door) so I called the hotel who put me through to housekeeping. They confirmed that they had my items but I needed to send them an email with my card details so they could charge me for the posting! Whilst I don't mind paying for my own forgetfulness I just thought it was slightly dodgy putting such sensitive info on an email! I duly did it however, and I just hope my items are returned and that i am not fleeced for postage! Also, I did spend quite a bit of money that evening at the event (evident from my room acount) plus im a regular customer of the park plaza chain so I thought a kind gesture may have been offered. Despite all this however, location was good, really close to vauxhall tube station and hotel facilities were nice.

• Stayed February 2013
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review online.

I read your comments in regards to the room standards with certain concern and I would kindly ask you to write me a personal email with further details of your booking. That way I will be able to remedy the details described. In addition to that I will be happy to confirm your delivery and rest assured your details are absolutely safe.

On the other hand I was glad to read that you found the facilities and location up to your needs.

I look forward to your email.

mgarciavao@pphe.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Korean first
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here having stayed at PP Westminster earlier in our trip, having not been able to get back in there.

Riverbank is about 2 miles further West along the Thames than Westminster & also has stunning view of Parliament & Big Ben. But the location is generally not quite as good as PPW.

The hotel itself is lovely & very cool in the bar & common areas & the food in the restaurant was brilliant.

Unlike PPW it did at times feel like a big hotel & this along with slightly lesser location is the only thing that stops it being as outstanding as it neighbour.

Still a fantastic hotel & lovely rooms, but would stay at Westminster given the choice

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review after your recent visit and your kind recommendations.

We read with absolute pleasure about your superb experience and we look forward to welcoming you any time soon.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We really enjoyed our time at Parc Plaza. We had a beautiful view of parliment. The room was clean and modern and the staff was outstanding. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. London is an amazing place and this hotel made it even better.

Room Tip: Ensure you get a river view to obtain ther full experience
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hexham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

I was staying here for an event so got a cheap rate, and looking at the reviews I was quite looking forward to staying here. And at first sight it does look good, with a quality welcome and service at reception.

It went downhill from there. I arrived as it was snowing outside, the room was freezing cold and to cap it all, the aircon didn't work. It was fixed quickly enough but by then I had to change in ten minutes so not a good start.

The room size is good, and bathroom very good sized, but then the fittings are a conquest of style over substance, the carpets are thin and the bed was easily the most uncomfortable I have had the pleasure of trying to sleep on in many years. Added to that the (by then working) aircon was emulating the noise of a roadsweeper it made for a very poor sleep. While I'm moaning, the reading lights in the bad room were really badly positioned, so you had bright lights right into your eyes, or no lights at all......

I'd read some comments about breakfast, well I got a table without waiting, but only just, and the food was mediocre to be honest.

If I'd paid the full rack rate I'd have asked for a refund and gone to a Premier Inn or the like. So all round disappointing and I'd only go back if I really really had to - and that's rarely the case in London where there are far better hotels for the money.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciated the time you have taken to raise your concerns and bring them to our attention via Tripadvisor.

The described is certainly not in line with the high standards we aim to provide and we sincerely apologize for any possible inconvenicne. I was glad however to read that our staff was welcoming and the issue with the A/C was fixed in a timely manner.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to meet and maybe exceed your expectations.

With kind regards,

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

We have, since my first review of this hotel, re-visited many times and are still finding the hotel excellent. We always take advantage of the Club Carlson option to upgrade, if available, at a much lower rate. So far, so good. The rooms we have had on recent visits have had refurbishment and are always immaculate. The beds are very comfortable with robes and slippers provided. Very nice amenities in the bathroom. The staff are always friendly and helpful and when we had a problem with a dvd player on our last visit the engineer was there within 5 minutes. We will most certainly re-visit.

Room Tip: River view rooms on a higher floor give a breathtaking view. The Club Carlson scheme worth joining.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Dear Kirsty,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

It is with great pleasure that I read your comments - it's good to hear that you find our service satisfactory on each and every visit.

We should only hope to see you more often!

Yours sincerely,

Maciej Hille
Guest Relations Manager
Rehovot, Israel
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Everything is bad. The room was stinky. The shower was dirty. The air conditioner was extremely noisy. Very slow wifi. Not comfortable bed. Bad bad bad. I was in 3 star hotels in Ukraine which were better than this place. Will never come back again.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments and feedback following your recent stay with us.

It is with great concern that I read that you did not experience the standards we aim to provide and I would like to put remedy to these matters. Should you have a minute I would appreciate if you could send me a personal email with some further details of your visit. This would greatly increase my ability to review and act upon areas that might require attention.

Regardless of your response I wanted to ensure that you felt your comments are heard and we take the feedback from our guests as a valuable tool to constantly improve our service and product.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Room: good size, well decorated and clean
Bathroom: massive with a shower stall and separate bath tub.
Soundproofing: good, no issues despite my room being quite close to main road, no noise from corridor or other rooms.
Check in/out: good
Service in bar: bit slow
Breakfast: food was excellent, good selection and very fresh. However there are not enough tables and they do not clear them very quickly so there was large queue (20+ people) waiting for tables.
Location: 10 mins walk from Vauxhall tube and 30 to Covent Garden (nice walk along river).

Would return.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at Park Plaza Riverbank London with other travelers online.

We are glad to learn that you found our facilities and service to your satisfaction overall. I was however concerned to read about your breakfast experience and I have personally transmitted these comments to our Food and Beverage Management for review and action.

We appreciate the feedback and we are looking forward to your next visit.

Senior Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!