“Very well placed hotel and reception staff welcoming” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

You added Park Plaza Riverbank London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Riverbank London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #323 of 1,065 Hotels in London
england
“Very well placed hotel and reception staff welcoming”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

Arrived at the hotel and check in good , except that I was told I had been upgraded to executive. I had booked and paid for executive.
Room on the 11th floor, not much of a view but room nice and clean.
Rooms need some sound proofing. The air con which I think was above was very noisy and sounded like someone drilling every few minutes. This kept me awake as well as a very active couple in the next room at 2.30am.
Breakfast very good. Although buffet it was hot and fresh. The restaruant was busy though and the staff where all rushing about to clear seats for people.
Ordered room service and this was quick and the food was good.
Sort out the noise and you would get a 5

• Stayed February 2013
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your time to post a review after you stay with us.

In order to follow up on your comments about the noise, I would appreciate should you could send me a personal email specifying the room number you stayed in. This will be passed on to our Engineering department for review and action.

Nevertheless, we read with pleasure that you enjoyed your stay overall and I trust you will be visiting us again.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

Mario Garcia-Vao
Senior Guest Relations Manager
mgarciavao@pphe.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Korean first
Milford Haven, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Situated on the river thames just a short walk from a tube station and within walking distance of westminister, big ben, the london eye and a number of nice restaurant. I had a fantastic time here just before christmas, there was a lovely xmas market all along the thames and all in walking distance. The staff were so helpful carried baggage, rang taxis gave advice and information. The rooms were spot on. They were clean and spacious and very luxurious. The bathroom had a bath and seperate shower and was huge for a hotel bathroom.The hotel has a beautiful elegant style and I felt like royalty in such a stunning hotel. The bar was also very welcoming despite paying £20.00 for 2 drinks.I highly recommend this hotel!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear Kim,

Thank you for recommending us online.

Indeed, you can't think of a better location in London - we are right on the south bank of the river, and within commutable distance all major attractions.

I appreciate your comments, and will be looking forward to welcoming you again some time soon.

USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I traveled to this hotel with my boss from 28 Jan to 30 Jan, 2013. I booked separate rooms for us via their website. My stay at the hotel itself was decent. The front desk and guest services were nice, the hotel room was okay (the loud HVAC system wasn't enjoyable but such is life) and overall my stay at the hotel was pleasant.

The issues really start after my boss and I returned back to the States. We had to initially cancel the first night of our reservation because of a cancelled meeting, but I made sure to cancel within the alloted timeframe. Changing my reservation was easy, but changing my bosses was harder. I spoke to three people (two at the general reservations line and one at the front desk of our hotel) and none of them could find his reservation. I made sure to spell his name correctly every time, but no luck. So thinking the reservation didn't go through, I made a new reservation.

However, he ended up getting an email from the hotel stating that he didn't appear the first night of his trip and they were charging him 95 Pounds. When I called to explain the situation and request they remove the charge not only did tell me they couldn't, but they asked me for my phone records to prove that I made the calls like I said. Excuse me? I immediately asked to speak with a supervisor, who proceeded to go back and forth with me for 20 minutes on if and when they would deign to remove the charge from the card. According to him, they needed to investigate what happened on their end. I agree, they need to investigate the reason their reservation system screwed up and why their reservation group couldn't find his reservation. But why not only continue to question me, but ask me for my cell phone records? The only people who ask for that are the police. I can't help but feel that I'm being called a liar, especially since I changed my own reservation easily. Why wouldn't I change my bosses?

This is easily the worst customer service I've ever seen, and I've not only worked in retail for years but I've stayed in hotels in some of the worst places in the world. I'm incredibly disappointed in this hotel. I've stayed at this chain almost every time I've been to London (over 6 times in the past 12 months) but I'm never staying here or anywhere with the words Park Plaza in the title again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad that you had such a pleasant stay on this occasion, however I would like to apologise for your 'behind the scenes' experience that you describe.

I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on mhille@pphe.com so that I can investigate what happened and get back to you with an explanation.

Again, thank you very much for your feedback.

Manchester, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I have visited this hotel on 2 previous occasions both with a little bit of an issue, but the 3rd time made for an interesting week after my visit.

The hotel is in a good location about 10 minutes walk from Vauxhall tube station if you're visiting by public transport, from my first visit £26 for parking just seemed like daylight robbery.

The hotel has charm to it and the staff are very good at offering a good service, although I would suggest they let be more natural rather than robotic as it came accross. The rooms are all fully equipped however the carpet is starting to look a bit worn in the last one we stayed in and if I'm honest some of the rooms have shocking views, and some of them have beautiful ones, nature of its location between a fire station and then being on the Themes I suppose.

Upon checking out my card was swiped 3 times to pay for the extras that I had had on my visit (the chips are simply superb by the way, also the little jar of Heinz Ketchup was like having a home from home feel), but this was where the problem started, I paid for my extras and asked the question "so you've taken that payment from the original card authorisation when I checked in?" the answer was yes and that the rest of the authorisation would drop back in within 24 hours. How wrong? I had £9.50 worth of extras and 3 days later looked at my bank statements to see I'd been charged just over £61. I immediately rang the hotel and spoke to a very nice man called Mario, who after 2 or 3 days of speaking the finance department sorted it out for me and I duly received a full refund for the amount. They couldn't explain why it had happened. He did offer me after pushing about the inconvenience an upgrade to the 5* section of the same hotel, which I wasn't going to use, purely because £130 a night anyway should get you more than just a bed to sleep in.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review with the online community.

We appreciate your feedback, please rest assured that this will be forwarded to the team and acted on where necessary.

With regards to the payment confusion, could you please drop me a quick email with more details so that I could look into the matter and hopefully come up with an explanation: mhille@pphe.com.

Despite the above, I hope you will choose to stay with us upon your next visit to London.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

Dear Mr Hegarty,

I wanted to share with you the service provided by your Hotels on our recent stay with your Hotels.
We were given a very professional service and very efficient by your Team and therefore would like to thank you for this as we have enjoyed.
I have stayed with many top hotels in the world but have never come across such level of friendliness, professional and efficient staff before, specially Mohamed Amin in your Groups department, therefore I would like to say these kind of people are an asset to your company.

Many thank you for this.

Cam

• Stayed January 2013
Dear Cam,

On behalf of Park Plaza Hotels, thank you very much for your message.

Good comments with regards to the level of service that we provide are of paramount importance to us as a business, hence I appreciate you sharing those online.

Please rest assured that your feedback will be passed on to the team as well as management, and we should hope to see you again very soon!

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

Stayed here for a second time following an earlier stay in 2012. This hotel is very impressive. Spacious and modern rooms with all the facilities you'd expect from a 4 star hotel. The location is a 10 minute walk from such attractions as the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, it is also well connected with tube stations nearby (Vauxhall and Waterloo). Staff were welcoming and friendly and the bar at the location nice for a quiet relaxed drink. Went down with a group of people and it was the choice of here or a Travelodge, we chose here and weren't disappointed, slept very well in the room with no noise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gareth,

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review.

It is with pleasure that I read how much you liked the hotel, and I should hope you will choose to stay at Park Plaza Riverbank again.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!