“Good, but not as good as some nearby Park Plaza properties” 4 of 5 stars

Book now & save up to 20%
Ranked #346 of 1,049 Hotels in London
Certificate of Excellence 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Good, but not as good as some nearby Park Plaza properties”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Stayed here when our usual nearby hotel, the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, was fully booked around the time of a friends wedding.

As with most PP's, the rooms were a good size, well maintained and excellent service. The hotel bar was a little different to the usual ones, but was still a pleasant place to waste an hour while waiting for some friends to arrive.

The location isn't as convenient as the more central hotels further up the road, but if the weather is nice then it presents an excellent opportunity for a nice walk along the south bank of the Thames

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, January 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your comments on TripAdvisor.

It is with pleasure that I read how much you enjoyed your stay with us, and I should hope to see you again some time soon - be it at Park Plaza Riverbank, or one of our sister properties.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Korean first
Canterbury, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I stayed at this hotel whilst on a hen weekend with friends. We were a bit shocked that they let us stay being a hen doo but we were very considerate, and in return, the hotel staff were very friendly and looked after us well.
The bride to be stayed in one of the larger rooms which overlooked London - it was a stunning view! A few of us stayed in the standard twin rooms which were also very nice inside. They were extremely clean, bathroom was spacious and had a lovely shower AND bath :)

The restaurant and bar were also great, breakfast was lovely and lots of variety of drinks to be bought. There is a lovely space out the front where you can sit and relax and have a few drinks. Open all night. Great location. Cant fault it really.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback.

I shall look forward to welcoming you at Park Plaza Riverbank again in the near future!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Hotel reception and lobby stunning especially with all the Christmas lights. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Rooms spa opus and very clean. We were even offered breakfast in bed ad a glass of complimentary bubbly as the hotel was fully booked and they didn't want us to be queuing for breakfast. Hotel bar very nice. We also dined in the restaurant. It was expensive but the food was delicious. You are right on the Thames. Almost opposite Houses of Parliament as Big Ben and the London eye is a 10 minute walk down the Thames. Would recommend.

• Stayed December 2012

Review collected in partnership with clever-hotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your good review.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay here so much - and that you liked our Christmas decorations this year!

I hope you will get the chance to visit us again soon.

Cork - Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

4th time to stay at the Park Plaza Riverbank. Other stays have been pretty good. This stay wasnt so good. Stayed only one night (29th December 12). Had booked an advance pay B&B rate that was in itself pretty expensive for what we got.

Positives: Location is good for access to Vauxhall Tube and area is safe. Easy access to CC and walk to Westminster.
Clean - very clean!
Friendly staff.
Club Carlson.
Chino Latino restaurant is wonderful.
Breakfast was good.

Negatives for this stay:
WIFI was bad - very bad. Rarely could log on and when I could was incredibly slow. Previous stays there was no issue with WIFI and told this time that the system was working fine...it wasnt.
I think however they have switched provider so that could explain the bad service.

Room was tiny! Booked an executive room.... Jez if it was an executive then I havent a clue what room type I stayed in here before. This room was tiny. Looked out on another very close building (office building). Dont like been told I got an upgrade if I in fact hadnt. Room was on "exuctive level" but didnt not have lounge access.

Aircon simply did not work. In the small room it was unbearable. Woke in the middle of the night in a ball of sweat and my throat like sandpaper. Thermostat was set to cool! Temperature was infact 24C.

The big issue I had was with check out:
1. Was not asked if my stay was OK.
2. Wasnt provided with a print off of the bill.
3. Told as I expected that it was a pre-pay and all paid upfront.
4. Checked my card the following day and found the charge to the card was only applied to my account that day even though I had booked in October as an advance pay to be taken at the time of booking. At this stage I dont know if I have been double charged or not as I dont have access to CR details from October for the card I used. Suddenly today then I get a copy of the bill and CR card receipt posted to me. No note. No info. No explanation. Nothing. Who episode has left me feeling not to great about Park Plaza. I rang the hotel about it and a very snooty guy just called out an email address to send proof to...email address was so complex I didnt get the correct address and guy was not at all helpful. Told me from time to time the advance purchases are just charged the day of arrival. Would have been nice to be told and all this explained. I still feel I had paid for this but cant access my account at the moment so will have to wait and see. I have another booking for later this month with a Club Carlson/Redizor hotel in Belgium. Not sure now!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear guest,

We appreciate your online review and the detailed description of your experience with us.

Please note I am however concerned about the negatives you mentioned. I would be thankful should you had a minute to write me a personal email on the address listed below with the details of your booking. This will greatly assist me in resolving these concerns and address them accordingly. Regardless of your response I wanted to ensure you felt the importance we give to our guests´ feedback.

This notwithstanding, I was glad to read about all the positive aspects of your stay and we look forward to welcoming you very soon.

With kind regards,

Mario Garcia-Vao
Senior Guest Relations Manager
mgarciavao@pphe.com
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated fantastically. Room over looking the Thames and Westminster were worth the upgrade, Staff could not do enough for us. Great location and great coctails to finish off the day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
MarioGarcia-Vao, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for your comments after your stay with us.

We are thrilled to read that you had such an enjoyable stay. We were also glad to learn you wrapped the day off in our Chino Latino Bar!

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

Kind regards

Mario Garcia-Vao
Senior Guest Relations Manager
High Peak
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I stayed for three nights with my husband. We received a lovely welcome from the staff upon arrival and the room was good. Our stay included cooked breakfast which was good quality and nicely presented.
Vauxhall tube station (Victoria line) was a 5 min walk and the London eye is a 10 min walk in the opposite direction.
I would say this is a good value for money place to stay with a nice breakfast in a good location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments online.

I hope you and your husband will choose to stay with us again, when your travels take you to London!

Bucharest, Romania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed for 5 days in December, right after Christmas.
The good part:
Good location (5minute walk to the tube station), great views of The Houses of Parliament and the Big Ben (rooms facing the Thames), good value for money. Clean and spacious rooms with contemporary design. Appreciated the large bathroom with shower and bath tub! Excellent breakfast - traditional english breakfast (eggs, sausage, bacon, beans, hash browns, grilled tomatoes) and also fresh fruits and vegetables, pastries, cereals, coffee & tea. Would definitely recommend the breakfast included option. Would gladly return!
The bad part:
In order to have access to the minibar in your room (also meaning access to the fridge) the reception blocks 100pounds off your credit card. Refusing this means you have the minibar locked and no access to the fridge. Also the breakfast hall is quite cold early in the morning (on the last day we left at 7:30 and it was chilly). The rest of the days we had breakfast around 9:30am and it was OK.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side, it has spectacular views
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us on TripAdvisor, your feedback is much appreciated.

It is with pleasure that I learnt how much you enjoyed your stay here, and I hope you will choose Park Plaza Riverbank upon your next visit to London.

With regards to credit card authorization, please rest assured that this is a standard procedure in most of the UK hotels - to make payments easier for both the guests and the hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly should you requier any further clarification on the matter: mhille@pphe.com.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!