“We pais for fairly to get magnificet view of "river view to Westminster"” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Park Plaza Riverbank London

Save Saved
You added Park Plaza Riverbank London to your Saves list
Park Plaza Riverbank London
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   18 Albert Embankment, London SE1 7TJ, England (Waterloo / South Bank / Southwark)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now & save up to 15%
Ranked #284 of 1,073 hotels in London
Jakarta, Indonesia
“We pais for fairly to get magnificet view of "river view to Westminster"”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

I booked two rooms for 3 nights, direct through hotel website. We obtained the offer of Bed Breakfast Executive River View for 180 pound/night/room average, since what I really remember about this hotel was "the river view to Westminster", and I want it again. This was our second stay.

Staying to this hotel was part of our journey back with kids to UK after we haven't done it for 6 years. And the day of checked in was my wife birthday, hence we requested the small cake with candle prior of departure. I thought we would hamper her with small a surprise gift, but it was turned not surprise, since the cake substituted with chocolate and wine complimentary came very late. However, we must say thanks!

Perfect room location 847 and 845 to see the Westminster, but the higher lever perhaps will do better. The baby cot requested was perfect there, at one of the rooms. If you want to see the perfect view get the x47, but the higher is the better.

The hotel has been bit tired, need a refurbishment. The carpet, the bathroom, the decor was so outdated, the decor seems awkward with picture of the back of Korean lady traditional outfit. My kids joked that this Korean lady showing her face to only, and only to handsome man. What a joke! Lucky I m not that handsome man.

Hotel breakfast experience was good, three days in the row, kids still enjoying the selection of Continental and English Breakfast Buffet.

I tried a business center to print out the document, but found out that the business center has poor facility. The PC was old, and has no Microsoft Office set up. It has only capability to browse. In order to print, we need to ask the staff to print from their PC, what a hassle and poor facility, for such Park Plaza hotel that claim itself as a business hotel.

The room also not insulated well, we can hear the noise of kids screaming at night, from other neighbor room so clear as if they were in our rooms.

It was 3 days rainy days in London, we cant go out much activities outdoor. But the river view so magnificent offsetting the upset.

The concierge was good. Special mention to Bradley who tried sincerely to help us to get rental car on this peak season.

Taxi always ready, the bus stop is in front of hotel. But this hotel not in the middle of attraction, so for tourist traveler is not really convenience to sense London, but the view of London is the one we pay.

Room Tip: Room x47 or x45 for the best view of Westminster
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, December 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review online.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the view, it was a pleasure for us to be able to host you again.

Please rest assured that all your comments have been passed on to relevant departments and we will act on your feedback to improve our service where need be.

I hope to see you upon your next visit to London.

2,000 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (449)
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I stayed here with my family for a weekend and found the hotel to be very good value for money. It was in a great location meaning it wasn't far to walk to see the main sights and whilst we didn't use it, there was a tube station nearby. The staff here were very friendly and helpful which always makes a stay more pleasant. The room was very clean and comfortable with good quality complimentary goods available to use.
The only downside of this stay was with the breakfast. There wasn't enough seating for the guests meaning we had to queue for quite a while and although it was a peak time for breakfast I found this to be quite annoying. I also didn't really feel the it was worth the money as they did run out of certain things on the English breakfast.
However, I would not let this put me off staying here again. Maybe next time I would just order to have the breakfast in my room.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, December 24, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am happy to read that you found the location convenient and the bedroom comfortable.

Please rest assured that we will act on your feedback to improve our service in future.

I look forward to welcoming you upon your next trip to London!

Dublin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. Room was modern and spacious with a lovely view of the Thames. Staff were for the most part helpful and Breakfast was fine, but was not impressed by the lunch buffet. Didn't get the chance to look around much on this visit, but the hotel is a short walk along the embankment to the London eye, Big Ben and the houses of parliament. Not much in the way of restaurants and bars, or shops, in this area - seems to be more of a business district.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
MaciejHille, Guest Relations Manager at Park Plaza Riverbank London, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your comments.

I was thrilled to read your good words towards our staff - this sort of feedback is always of great value to us.

I do hope you will get the chance to visit us again some time soon.

Gloucester, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

This hotel is located on Albert Embankment with views of the Houses of Parliament and near to many of the big sites. It is also very close to Tate Britain just across the water which was where we were headed.
The lobby and entrance hall is very large and impressive - it is a very big hotel. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful when I checked in.
We were in a standard double room on floor 9 which was well kitted out and comfortable. No view but we didn't expect one. Carpet slightly worn in the room but otherwise in good condition.
Couple of tiny problems: I was asked if I wanted to leave my credit card details on arrival so that I could add restaurant bills etc and I opted to pay as we went along. However I discovered when I reached the room that you couldn't get into the fridge unless you had left the credit card details first. Had to return to reception to do this. Once into the fridge, there was a tiny space for your own things and the fridge was computerised so that anything removed was somehow registered (including anything that you had put in). The other minor problem was that our room key deactivated itself twice for no apparent reason which required another return to reception.
Full English breakfast from the buffet was very good.
Overall enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Indeed, we are located near to Tate Modern, as well as within commutable distance to all major London's attractions.

I appreciate your feedback, please rest assured that it has been forwarded to the relevant managers and we will action on it to improve our offering.

I look forward to welcoming you back at Riverbank again in future!

Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This hotel is really a slightly older and more distant version of the wonderful Park Plaza Westminster Bridge. Consequently it tends to be priced accordingly and that makes it excellent value for money if you don't mind being a little further from the city centre. I stayed in the week room only for £106 and was upgraded as a Club Carlson member to a very nice and spacious suite. Everything in the room was clean, neat & tidy as I have come to expect from this hotel brand.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review us online.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and that we met your expectations on this occassion.

I hope to see you again very soon!

London
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I made a last minute booking to grab a good nights sleep before important meetings the next day in London. At £219 excl breakfast this was expensive and I was told that this was a 4/5 star hotel.

I did not sleep at all due to extremely loud train noise just outside my bedroom window, It appeared that a train was passing every 50 seconds reducing to every 5 minutes in the small hours puntuated with the occasional train horn. It was a disaster and when I requested a room change the manager advised that the hotel was fully booked and next time they would try and do better and put me on the other side of the hotel.

This hotel is clearly 2 to 3 stars and should never have been built right next to the main line from Waterloo station.

IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP THEN DO NOT COME TO THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Park Plaza Riverbank London? Share your experiences!